Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

Larkin ends a terrible stretch of 1 point in 15 games with a goal and assist tonight....talk about a sophomore slump. Look out next year Leafs' fans.

Wings lose again.....hope is almost gone.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Streak could end tonight. It's been a fun run.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Streak could end tonight. It's been a fun run.
    I was looking and initially didn't think it could mathematically end tonight, but because of ROW being so low that it could be. Wow.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wanted to look into this in here and also make a post....just because I know that the results will be very telling and should make Tatar and Nyquist buy lows next year. At least based on where they'll be ranked.

Nyquist
    First 41 GP: 4g, 14a = 18 points
    Last 35 gp from Jan 12 on: 8g, 22a = 30 points

Tatar

First 35 gp: 7g, 4a = 11 points (included a hatty)
    Last 47 gp from Dec 29 on: 18 g, 17a = 35 points

Dobber Sports Immortal

Solid article from the Athletic on the Wings' and Holland's current situation....

https://theathletic.com/68049/2017/0...gs-on-the-fly/

Dobber Sports Sage

Solid article from the Athletic on the Wings' and Holland's current situation....

https://theathletic.com/68049/2017/0...gs-on-the-fly/
    Great read -- thanks for sharing, hockeyrobot.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Review of the Wings' pick this year....11 picks in total including 4 in Round 3.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nh...ass/426039001/

Rasmussen pick has gotten some flak and unfortunately I can't really comment because I haven't seen much of him. Seems like the NHL is going toward speed and that is not what this guy is. Was hoping for a potential stud Dman but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Rasmussen, but I didn't like him at 9.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Review of the Wings' pick this year....11 picks in total including 4 in Round 3.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nh...ass/426039001/

Rasmussen pick has gotten some flak and unfortunately I can't really comment because I haven't seen much of him. Seems like the NHL is going toward speed and that is not what this guy is. Was hoping for a potential stud Dman but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I know it's only the opinion of one person but that person is Grant McCagg who has been scouting for a long time, so I think it's important you read this before starting to bash Rasmussen too badly.

Link to source: https://recrutes.ca/grants-slant/

It appears that Michael Rasmussen has become the whipping boy this season for the advanced stats aficionados as I have gotten plenty of feedback on how having him top five or even top seven is much too high. I have received several tweets suggesting rather strongly that his goals stats are inflated because he got a bunch power play goals, so he mustn?t be very good 5-on-5, and will have a tough time doing anything of note at even strength in the NHL.

When I brought this up with an NHL head scout last night his response was ?They do NOT understand PROJECTION!! It is not what they do today but what they can do as a pro.?

This is a point that has been drilled into me in the past decade while being mentored by NHL scouts ? you cannot get too hung up on performance?every time you watch these players?project how they would fare in the NHL in the future. Advanced stats can help clarify some things and help identify some strengths or weaknesses in a player?but to properly judge a player?s NHL upside it?s tough to beat the eye test?you cannot do it by strictly looking at numbers and guessing. All I know is that in the 15+ viewings I had of Rasmussen I saw a 6-6 center with soft hands that can skate, pass, shoot really well (his release is elite) and score goals. He was on pace for 25 ES goals?.for a raw 6-6 center?there is absolutely nothing wrong with that total.

A couple of players in recent drafts that have drawn some comparison to Rasmussen are Ryan Johansen and Mark Scheifele, two of the larger centers taken in the top ten in the past decade. There were also grumblings in their draft years about their stats totals not justifying their draft position. Well?let?s look back at their production in those seasons:

Johansen had 16 ES goals and Scheifele had nine ES goals while adding 13 on the power play. With the explosion in advanced stats over the past five years I can well imagine the roasting Winnipeg scouts would have gotten for taking a player with such inflated power play stats..there?d have been people tweeting that Scheifele would never score ten ES goals in an NHL season and certainly not ever be top-two center?.not with those wholly underwhelming ES stats and inflated power play totals.

Well?turns out the scouts were right..you had to project his NHL upside?.he was still raw and they saw the puck skills, shot, vision, smarts in a 6-3 frame..they projected that he should be a top-ten pick. Today? He may be one of the top ten players in the NHL?time has shown he was in fact drafted too late.

Johansen didn?t exactly set the WHL on fire his draft year either, and there were lots of whispers about his skating speed and work ethic?he had a tendency to be lazy at times?and 16 ES goals?how could he possibly be a top 4 pick? Well?because scouts saw the size, hands, puck skills, shot, vision, sense?.his NHL projection was good.

For Rasmussen to have been on pace for 25 ES goals was just the opposite of being worrisome?in fact, it was quite good. He?s close to 6-6 and still only 17 years of age? he has some muscle to put on his large frame, and when that happens he will be faster, bigger and stronger.. next season he will be a beast in the WHL. Two years from now, if he isn?t already in the NHL, he?ll be virtually unstoppable. And if 20 of his 50+ goals two years from now (barring injury) come on the power play? Last time I checked, powerplay goals were worth the same on the scoreboard as ES goals?one. I don?t know of any NHL coaches who are averse to a player scoring on the power play.

Rasmussen will be a top-ten pick in this year?s draft,,.and if my projections are correct?he will one day be a 6-6 center who consistently scores 30+ goals in the NHL. That will make him a very rare breed, indeed.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well that brightened my outlook for sure. It is true though....a 6'6" centre at that age!? Woah.

Dobber Sports Monster

what will the centers look like in Detroit?

Zetterberg 1C
    Nielsen 2C
    Athanasiou 3C
    Sheahan 4C

?

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Glendenning will be 4C

Dobber Sports Stud

Wondering what the Wings were thinking in acquiring Puempel.

They could have had him for free earlier in the season.

Is Sproul that bad ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Wondering what the Wings were thinking in acquiring Puempel.

They could have had him for free earlier in the season.

Is Sproul that bad ?
    The Rangers could have had Sproul for free as well since he also passed through waivers. Teams don't want to take extra contracts, and this is nothing more than an AHL move for both teams.