Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

Lines today at practice:

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 11m 11 minutes ago
    Lines at skate at Verizon Center: Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist, Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar, Nestrasil-Sheahan-Jurco, Miller-Glendening-Andersson.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 9m 9 minutes ago
    Also looks like no changes to D pairs: Kronwall-Ericsson, Quincey-DeKeyser, Smith-Kindl. Cleary and Lashoff extras. Franzen (IR) is skating.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 4m 4 minutes ago
    Power play: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Nyquist (slot), Abdelkader (net front). Kronwall; 2nd: Tatar, Nestrasil, Jurco (slot). Sheahan (net). DK

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Weiss with two in his comeback! No one expected even one and he gets two by going to the dirty areas. Can he get the hattie in the third?
    GO WINGS!

As a Jurco owner in a dynasty league, should I be concerned with regard to his development bell curve? Healthy scratch last night. Pulks seems to be eating up his TOI, and Babcock is demanding.

I know he's young but some insight is appreciated.

Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Mrazek, with a career 40 starts and 19Wins is getting the nod over Howard with a career PLAYOFF 45 starts and 21 wins. Except the major point is Howard’s 24 playoff losses. Mrazek, Born Feb 14th, 1992 has to be one of the youngest Detroit goalies to start a playoff opening game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah just saw that. What's up with that? Is Howard injured, or does Babcock not have faith in him anymore?

Could that be an audition for next's year no.1 job?

Dobber Sports Titan

Mrazek played great at the end of the yr, and Howard was so-so at the best. More of riding the hot hand, but still…Vet making 5+mill and your starter since 2009-10 season, but you put in the 23yr old to start it off on the road? It’s not like Mrazek has a good record vs TBL. He’s 1-2-0 and like a 0.909S%.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

BIG Mrazek fan right here! Pulling for him....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Mrazek is playing like a stud right now!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

Just a matter of time before Jeff Blashill is named coach for the Red Wings. What a great fit and should be an easy transition. He's coached most of the newer kids in Detroit from when they played in Grand Rapids and more kids coming up soon too. Also he's from Michigan too.

Seems to me things looking bright for the Wings. A young coach who has won at every place he's coached. Only 41 years of age, probably relates well to the young players and he's already been intrumental in their development, knowing what they can do best, where they can improve etc.

I'm stoked to see Blash getting this gig and think Detroit keeps on keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Legend

I agree, Shake. It will be a natural transition. I wonder if Blashill will be more willing to extend the kids some leash? I noticed Larkin was signed and is joining Grand Rapids.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Monster

Shades of John Cooper in Tampa Bay seems fitting. Blash is taking the same path Cooper took basically. They'll cycle in the kids, let em' go a bit and grow while still holding the vets and a 25th straight playoff season will happen.

The one thing I am very curious about is to see how the starting gig in the crease shakes out. Mrazek played great goal but as we know Howard is making the cash. No idea as far as trading Howard would go over and if it's even a thought - but I could certainly see Blash want Mrazek as his starting tender and move Howard to help in other areas of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I agree, Shake. It will be a natural transition. I wonder if Blashill will be more willing to extend the kids some leash? I noticed Larkin was signed.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Shades of John Cooper in Tampa Bay seems fitting. Blash is taking the same path Cooper took basically. They'll cycle in the kids, let em' go a bit and grow while still holding the vets and a 25th straight playoff season will happen.

The one thing I am very curious about is to see how the starting gig in the crease shakes out. Mrazek played great goal but as we know Howard is making the cash. No idea as far as trading Howard would go over and if it's even a thought - but I could certainly see Blash want Mrazek as his starting tender and move Howard to help in other areas of the team.
    That's interesting. I wonder what they could get if they dangled Howard? I'm also a fan of both Pulkkinen and Larkin so I would love to see them get some burn next year. I'm assuming Pulkkinen should have a full-time gig with the big club.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder what they could get if they dangled Howard? I'm also a fan of both Pulkkinen and Larkin so I would love to see them get some burn next year. I'm assuming Pulkkinen should have a full-time gig with the big club.
    Pulkkinen is doing a solid in the playoffs so is Bertuzzi. Lots of kids coming....Larkin is gonna be badass!

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Larkin is gonna be badass!
    Don't pump his tires too much buddy!! I'm eyeing him up in my September draft.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Banned

I would be shocked if the Wings made the playoffs next year.