Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Twitter Rumours have Nabokov coming to Hockeytown...huge acquisition if he clears waivers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Preview of Today's Afternoon Home Game vs. CHICAGO Blackhawks

- Today's game will be the 3rd of 6 meetings between the Hawks and Wings. The Series is tied after DET took the first game 3-2 in October and CHI won the 2nd meeting 4-1 in December
    - The won't meet again until March 28th and then they finish the season with a home and home - that should be a doozy
    - The Hawks currently sit 3rd in the Central Division and 7th in the west. Detroit currently sits 2nd in the West and 1st in the Division. If the season were to end right now, the Hawks-Wings first round matchup would be one of the best.
    - The Hawks have not played since Sunday so they should be well rested.
    - With a win today, the Red Wings could move into a tie for 1st in the League.

Who's Hot?
    - Hudler (finally) is coming off a 3-point night which gives him 11 points in 12 games.
    - Kopecky has 3 points in his past 2 games

Injury Report (Courtesy of NHL.com)
    Blackhawks defenseman Nick Boynton is questionable for Saturday's game with flu-like symptoms. … The Wings' army of wounded players could be returning after the All-Star break, as forwards Pavel Datsyuk (hand), Mike Modano (wrist) and Danny Cleary (ankle) are nearing their return dates. Forward Tomas Holmstrom(hand) also could be back after the break. Defenseman Brad Stuart (jaw) and goalie Chris Osgood(hernia surgery) are going to be out a while longer.
    - Valtteri Filppula (flu) will miss today's game. The Red Wings have recalled forward Cory Emmerton. Keep an eye on him as Detroit seems to be given some of their prospects a quick look lately.
    - Jordan Pearce (G) will be the backup today who is replacing Joey MacDonald due to waiver rules .

Today's Starters

Jimmy Howard vs. Corey Crawford

It's officially NOON so we will hear shortly if Nabokov has cleared waivers without being claimed.

My Prediction

DET 5 - CHI 4

Thanks to nhl.com and @onthewings for their stats

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.....The Goalie Starved Islanders have claimed Nabokov. Let's see if he will report

http://onthewingsblog.com/2011/01/22...the-islanders/

JIMMY HOWARD - BIG SIGH OF RELIEF (for now0

Dobber Sports Ace

hey i was wondering if you guys have been watching brendon smith lately. the guy was on fire at the start of the year lighting up the ahl but he has really cooled off. he now has 22pts in 40gms. which is pretty good for a rookie dman, but the majority of those pts came at the start of the year.

i know i was reading earlier that he was an all round stud. i remember reading that he possibly ended nylanders career and can hammer guys in the open ice.

is he gonna be the guy to replace lidstrom(if he ever retires) or is a guy like kindl going to get the job over him???

What are you guys thoughts???
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Preview of Tonight's game - Devils @ Red Wings

- The game tonight at Joe Louis Arena is the second of two meetings between the New Jersey Devils and Detroit Red Wings. The Wings won the first meeting 4-1 back on December 11th in New Jersey. The Red Wings started fast last game as they scored two quick goals within the game's first couple of minutes. Look for the much improved Devils to put up a better fight tonight.

- The Red Wings are 5-4-1 in their last ten games. The Devils 6-3-1.

Injuries
    - The Wings will be looking forward to a much needed rest during the All-Star break as they have several players on the mend.
    - Tomas Holmstrom, Daniel Cleary, Pavel Datsyuk, Valtteri Filpulla (DTD- Flu), Modano and Stuart will be missing in action tonight for the Red Wings.

Top Performers vs Opponent
    vs. Detroit
    Elias was the lone goal scorer last game. Zajac and Kovalchuk recorded the assists

vs. New Jersey
    Datsyuk 1G-2A-3P
    Zetterberg 1G-1A-2P
    Holmstrom 1G-1A-2P

Tonight's Lines
    Detroit

Franzen-Zetterberg-Eaves
    Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi
    Draper-Helm-Miller
    Emmerton-Abdelkader-Mursak

Lidstrom-Kronwall
    Ericsson-Rafalski
    Kindl-Salei

New Jersey
    Kovalchuk - Zajac - Tedenby
    Rolston- Elias - Zubrus
    Zharkov - Arnott - Palmieri
    Pelley - Sestito - Clarkson

Greene -Salmela
    Tallinder - Fayne
    Volchenkov - Fraser

Tonight's Starters
    Howard vs. Brodeur

DY's Prediction
    New Jersey - 4
    Detroit - 2
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; January 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Brendan Smith

Quote Originally Posted by diamondback87 View Post
    hey i was wondering if you guys have been watching brendon smith lately. the guy was on fire at the start of the year lighting up the ahl but he has really cooled off. he now has 22pts in 40gms. which is pretty good for a rookie dman, but the majority of those pts came at the start of the year.

i know i was reading earlier that he was an all round stud. i remember reading that he possibly ended nylanders career and can hammer guys in the open ice.

is he gonna be the guy to replace lidstrom(if he ever retires) or is a guy like kindl going to get the job over him???

What are you guys thoughts???
    I have spoke on Smith earlier in this thread but since then he has had his share of struggles and injury issues. Smith started the season very HOT but started to struggle during November. In January, Brendan has yet to register a point. There is no doubt that Brendan Smith will become a viable fantasy contributor but we have to remember that this is the Detroit Red Wings. Prospects of the wings' system pay their dues in the AHL under they are absolutely ripe.

Eventually, Smith might become Lidstrom's predecessor but I have a feeling that it is going to be longer than most owners of Smith are thinking. Rafalski will be around for a few more years and I wouldn't bet against Holland bringing in another defenseman to replace Lidstrom when that time comes. Tomas Kaberle would look really good in a Red Wings jersey . If Lidstrom decideds to retire then the Red Wings have lots of options to pick up the slack. Kronwall will definitely earn much more responsibility and Kindl will slowly earn his. I don't foresee Smith jumping immediately into the NHL and taking 1st line PP duties. He has shown that he needs a bit more seasoning (especially as a wings' prospect).

Smith currently sits 22nd in AHL scoring for defencemen and the inconsistencies will likely prolong his AHL stay. I would expect Smith to be a fixture on the Red Wings roster for the 2012-13 season and I am sure he will earn spot duty next season (2011-12) if needed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quick Update: Pavel Datsyuk has been activated from IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If you haven't read Jeffrey Renaud's article on Detroit prospect Tomas Tatar, I highly recommend that you do

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...naud&Itemid=77
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; January 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My apologies for not having a preview of the Wings - Sens game tonight

One important note - Daniel cleary is returning to the lineup and the Wings will likely have Datsyuk back next game. I am interesting to see how the. Lines shake up with Cleary's return (specifically Hudler)

I will post my thoughts as the game unfolds

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    My apologies for not having a preview of the Wings - Sens game tonight

One important note - Daniel cleary is returning to the lineup and the Wings will likely have Datsyuk back next game. I am interesting to see how the. Lines shake up with Cleary's return (specifically Hudler)

I will post my thoughts as the game unfolds

It looks like Hudler's nice ice time is continuing tonight. By the end of the 2nd period, he has over 11 minutes and was on the 1st PP unit for the only powerplay (all of 50 seconds). Playing with Filppula and Cleary on the 2nd line, while Bertuzzi is with Franzen and Zetts on the 1st. Bodes well for Hudler, but we shall see when Datsyuk returns.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I wouldn't expect Hudler's ice time to get cut in this game. The games to watch will be the next 2-3 and especially when Datsyuk returns (like you said). I am sure his owners are pleased with this news though

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As we all know, Johan "The Mule" Franzen had an incredible game last night as he recorded 5 goals against the lowly Senators.

Check out the 5 goals here

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quick Red Wing Updates

- Adrian Dater's latest article releases some thoughts from Holland on the Nabokov saga

- Datsyuk's and Holmstrom's latest injury update. The Red Wing forwards will miss Friday's game versus Columbus and will likely miss Saturday's game versus Nashville. Expected to be back Monday (hopefully). Modano appears to be ahead of schedule too.
    Check it out here

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Preview of New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings - Feb 7th

After being shut-out in back-to-back games to division rivals Columbus and Nashville, the Red Wings will look to get back on track tonight against the Rangers who have lost four straight. Pavel Datsyuk is returning from injury and that should definitely help get the wings going.

Detroit hasn't played the Rangers since December 6, 2009 where they won 3-1. Tonight's game is the one and only meeting between the two clubs this season.
    If you are a betting man then check out this stat - The Rangers have not won against Detroit since October 25, 2003 (nhl.com). Take the home team

Injury Report (courtesy of nhl.com): Forward Erik Christensen returned from a knee injury on Saturday, so the Rangers expect to only be without forward Ruslan Fedotenko who remains sidelined with shoulder and appendix injuries...The Wings might get forwards Pavel Datsyuk (wrist) and Tomas Holmstrom (hand) back for Monday, but forward Jan Mursak left Saturday's game with an undisclosed injury and did not return. Goalie Chris Osgood (sports hernia), defenseman Brad Stuart (jaw) and forward Mike Modano (wrist) remain on injured reserve.

Starting Goalies:

Howard vs Biron

My Prediction:

Detroit - 4
    New York - 1

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Preview of Tonight's Matchup - Red Wings @ Lightning (Feb. 17)

Not surprisingly, tonight's game at the St Pete Times Forum is SOLD OUT as the Red Wings come to town to see Yzerman's new team.

Team Record
    Detroit 34-16-6
    Tampa Bay 34 - 17- 6

Do you think these teams are close?

Last 10 Games
    Detroit 6-4-0
    Tampa Bay 7-2-1

Tonight's game is the only meeting between the Lightning and Red Wings but of course there is always a chance they meet in the playoffs

From nhl.com,
    Big story -- For the first time since turning pro in 1983, Steve Yzerman won't be rooting for the Red Wings. Yzerman left the Wings last May to take over as vice president and general manager of the Lightning -- and has led them to the top of the Southeast Division. "Stevie Y" is the Red Wings' all-time leader in assists with 1,063. He also captured three Stanley Cups as a player, winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as the playoff MVP in 1998. After Yzerman retired in 2006, he worked for the Red Wings front office as VP president and alternate governor, earning a fourth Stanley Cup in 2008.
    Hottest Players
    Detroit - Pavel Datsyuk has been great since returning from his hand injury recording 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 games. Bertuzzi has also been strong as of lately.

Tampa Bay - Captain Lecavalier is on a four-game point streak where he has recorded 5 goals and 1 assist.

Injuries
    Detroit - Modano (wrist), Osgood (sports hernia), Filppula (knee). Defenseman Brad Stuart (jaw) is expected to return for tonights game.

Tampa Bay - Malone (abdominal), Lundin (undisclosed), Nate Thompson (DTD - upper body)

From NHL.com
    Stat pack -- Yzerman holds the record for the longest-serving captain of any team; he spent 1,303 games wearing the "C" with the Red Wings. … Detroit has tormented the Bolts since Tampa Bay entered the NHL in 1992 -- Detroit is 23-5 with 2 ties in their 30 meetings, and the Bolts are 0-5-1 since a 1-0 victory at the St. Pete Times Forum on Jan. 7, 2003. … Osgood's absence means he won't get a chance to extend his perfect record against Tampa Bay -- he's 17-0-0 in 19 appearances.
    Starting Goalies
    DET - Howard
    TBL - Roloson

My Prediction
    Detroit - 4
    Tampa Bay - 3
    Shootout Final