Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'm probably forgetting someone. Now if we can just get rid of White, Cola, Bert, Fil, Sammy, Emmerton and Cleary, I'll be even happier.
    White will be gone that's for sure. Cleary is also a UFA but I thought he was phenomenal in the postseason....as usual. Just unfortunate Babs has to play him top six all season in order for him to make it to when he is most valuable.

I don't particularly mind Emmerton as a 4th line centre. Not sure where he would fit in if Helm ever comes back, but Babs obviously likes him.

Filppula.......well if he can get $5 mill on the open market then good for him. Id take him at 3.5 ish though. But I can't see that happening.

A huge plus this season goes to Jonathan Ericsson!! It might be because other Dman took over in making some terrible decisions on a regular basis...but he and Kronwall were the shutdown pair for the Wings most of the year and I would easily take him for his cap hit now, something I wouldn't have said last year.

Also a big confidence boost to Jakub Kindl. He actually looked comfortable running a PP and breaking out of his zone by the end of the year. Loved his game.

Banned

Wings-Sens games are gonna be the Swediest games ever next season (barring moves)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    White will be gone that's for sure. Cleary is also a UFA but I thought he was phenomenal in the postseason....as usual. Just unfortunate Babs has to play him top six all season in order for him to make it to when he is most valuable.

I don't particularly mind Emmerton as a 4th line centre. Not sure where he would fit in if Helm ever comes back, but Babs obviously likes him.

Filppula.......well if he can get $5 mill on the open market then good for him. Id take him at 3.5 ish though. But I can't see that happening.

A huge plus this season goes to Jonathan Ericsson!! It might be because other Dman took over in making some terrible decisions on a regular basis...but he and Kronwall were the shutdown pair for the Wings most of the year and I would easily take him for his cap hit now, something I wouldn't have said last year.

Also a big confidence boost to Jakub Kindl. He actually looked comfortable running a PP and breaking out of his zone by the end of the year. Loved his game.
    I won't be fooled by Cleary looking good for a series or two. His knees are killing him and they have to be drained of fluid regularly (or at least that's what I read a couple of months back). That's why people have talked about him retiring because of that. If he keeps playing I'm fine with having him because he's a solid bottom sixer.

Kindl started out "meh" but really tightened up his game. Nice surprise. But as you say, the biggest surprise was definitely Ericsson. Goddamn I've hated him with a passion the last few years because of his constant boneheaded plays.

Emmerton is nothing special. He's okay. You could replace him with a blank sheet of paper and no one would notice the difference. I'd rather have Andy/Helm as the bottom six centers, although that hinges on Helm staying healthy. As for Miller/Eaves, they're solid guys and I always flipflop on who I would pick if one of them had to leave. Then there's Tootoo who I think played well in a limited role this year. The Wings need someone like him.

Filppula is just annoying at this point. He's too cute. Yes, he's solid defensively, but you don't pay someone 3.5 to be solid defensively and give the puck away because he does too many cute dangles all the time. It's obvious that Nyquist and arguably Tatar could replace him offensively and he wouldn't be missed.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Really impressed with the Wings this year. They looked fantastic in the playoffs, and there's no shame in losing to the President's Trophy winner. Great to see the team's vets prove they've still got mad game, and it was nice to see the younger players start rounding into form. The future still looks bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Filppula is just annoying at this point. He's too cute. Yes, he's solid defensively, but you don't pay someone 3.5 to be solid defensively and give the puck away because he does too many cute dangles all the time.
    This reminds me of Burmistrov... He's still young, but he hasn't shown that he's willing to change his game yet.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Nyquist and Andersson heading back to the Griffins for the remainder of the AHL Conference Final! GR is down 2-1 to OKC right now so getting two of their best players should be a boost.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Miller signs a 3 year extension, giving the Wings 12 forwards on the roster NOT including Nyquist, Andersson and UFAs Brunner, Cleary and Filppula. According to the Free Press, they're going to try to keep Cleary and Brunner and will let Filppula hit the market.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013061...gs-drew-miller

This signing pretty much spells a buy out of Samuelsson.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anyone think there's a chance Mursak gets resigned? Been playing great in the AHL. I know he's signed in the KHL but he probably has an out clause. I've always thought he could be a solid 3rd line player but every time he gets a chance he goes down injured.

Dobber Sports Genius

Miller signs a 3 year extension, giving the Wings 12 forwards on the roster NOT including Nyquist, Andersson and UFAs Brunner, Cleary and Filppula. According to the Free Press, they're going to try to keep Cleary and Brunner and will let Filppula hit the market.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013061...gs-drew-miller

This signing pretty much spells a buy out of Samuelsson.
    I think Samuelsson and Bertuzzi are bought out for sure. I think out of those forwards on the books Tatar would be included and he could be sent to the AHL but it still doesn't leave much room on the roster.

Looks like Holland is going to be putting guys on the trade market unless they want Nyquist riding the bus until he's a UFA... and that's not going to happen.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Initiate

What is Detroit waiting for on Samuelsson and Bertuzzi? I think it's time to buy them out any time soon would be nice.Also all I think Detroit need's to do is work on there D.I love the prospect that are coming up.Goalis look good.The talks of Vinny maybe sining would be a great #2 at Center and Zetterberg and Datsyuk play more together. Does anyone see Detroit trading there 18th overall pick maybe for a solid top D man.?
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardWingsFan View Post
    What is Detroit waiting for on Samuelsson and Bertuzzi? I think it's time to buy them out any time soon would be nice.Also all I think Detroit need's to do is work on there D.I love the prospect that are coming up.Goalis look good.The talks of Vinny maybe sining would be a great #2 at Center and Zetterberg and Datsyuk play more together. Does anyone see Detroit trading there 18th overall pick maybe for a solid top D man.?
    I don't think 18th overall will get too much in terms of top Dman considering there aren't too many available. Dekeyser looked like a gem in the short time he played and the major improvements from Kindl and Ericsson have me hopeful. Smith's first full season was rocky....how he responds this year will be very telling.

As for Samuelsson and Bert.......Im not sure. Im not 100% certain Bert will be bought out. I think it will depend if they can come to terms with Brunner and Cleary.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Miller and Kindl are officially locked up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426562

Also, Datsyuk's beautiful goal against Nashville was named TSN's Play of the Year.

http://poy.tsn.ca/
    Last edited by dmvincent; June 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Miller and Kindl are officially locked up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426562

Also, Datsyuk's beautiful goal against Nashville was named TSN's Play of the Year.

http://poy.tsn.ca/
    Loved Kindl's growth this past season so I think he's well deserving of the extension. Im going to go ahead and say this SHOULD turn out to be another fantastic deal for the Wings. $2.4 million for a guy who was QBing their PP at times this year and should only improve.

Still makes me wonder how in the world they paid $3.25 after last season but oh well....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Loved Kindl's growth this past season so I think he's well deserving of the extension. Im going to go ahead and say this SHOULD turn out to be another fantastic deal for the Wings. $2.4 million for a guy who was QBing their PP at times this year and should only improve.

Still makes me wonder how in the world they paid $3.25 after last season but oh well....
    Great point, Dave.

Kindl was always a big time prospect in the Red Wings eyes, its good to see him developing well at the NHL level.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Before the season I dreaded the quality of the D for the Wings. Ericsson stopped sucking and Kindl showed he belongs in the NHL and suddenly I wasn't panicking anymore. Add Lashoff's development and DeKeyser and it's crazy how fast things can turn around
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well there goes the Wings having their highest pick since '91....