Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Guru

via twitter:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
    Power-play practice: Brunner at right point opposite Kronwall, with Bertuzzi, Franzen and Zetterberg up front.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
    2nd PP unit on ice, with White-Quincey at points, up front, Filppula, Mursak and Knuble, the latter 2 placeholding for Datsyuk, Samuelsson.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    via twitter:
    Umm dats not on pp1?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Umm dats not on pp1?
    I cannot possibly imagine that carrying into regular season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I had no idea that Knuble was invited to training camp until I saw a lineup today. I had heard that he wanted to end up/finish his career there.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Some interesting guys on the Red Wings opening night roster. Brian Lashoff and Brendan Smith make the club, as does Jan Mursak. Mike Knuble, Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar are not on the roster.

Detroit takes on the Blues Saturday night!
    Last edited by dmvincent; January 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

They must be giving Brunner the spot that Nyquist would have had. I don't think they want to bring him in unless it's a top six role. Might as well let him continue to tear up the AHL.

And Lashoff......if that means no Redden then WOOOOOOOOOOO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I know I shouldn't react after 1 game, but watching how some of the guys played it was hard not to get angry about some things.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
    I know I shouldn't react after 1 game, but watching how some of the guys played it was hard not to get angry about some things.
    St. Louis is becoming a force, I'm not surprised Detroit got thumped.

We should still give them more time before we judge though.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

There will be rust for a few weeks for most teams. We knew the D would take a hit and Babcock said that he would let the ice time shake itself out. Give it a little time and the roles will get clearer.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
    The Wings are in trouble.
    I'm not sure any team has lost as much in one player as the Wings did on losing Lidstrom.
    From playing hockey my whole life, I can tell you that starting a rush is critical to a good hockey team... and nobody, NOBODY, did it better in the last 20 years than Lidstrom.

Howard is really a below-average NHL starting goalie, their defense is probably bottom half of the league. It's all going to catch up with them this year. If I had to bet, I think they'll still make the playoffs, but it will be really, really tight... 7 or 8 seed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The Wings are in trouble.
    I'm not sure any team has lost as much in one player as the Wings did on losing Lidstrom.
    From playing hockey my whole life, I can tell you that starting a rush is critical to a good hockey team... and nobody, NOBODY, did it better in the last 20 years than Lidstrom.

Howard is really a below-average NHL starting goalie, their defense is probably bottom half of the league. It's all going to catch up with them this year. If I had to bet, I think they'll still make the playoffs, but it will be really, really tight... 7 or 8 seed.
    Yeah, they need to do some proper asset management and use that fairly full prospect cupboard to get their hands on a good right shooting dman that's not complete ass in either zone. Time for Holland to make some moves.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A bad defence, gets even worse?

Ericsson (Who I thought was the best dman on Saturday, even though that's not saying much) is a game time decision. With Kindl still injured, Brian Lashoff would make his NHL debut if Ericsson can't go.

I really hope Howard plays well, I don't think I can stomach watching McCollum in net.

Doesn't seem like any changes at forward except for Eaves taking Mursak's spot. How long before we see Nyquist!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Lashoff is solid defensively. Nothing spectacular, safe plays and is pretty physical. Not a top pairing guy but if things get really hairy he could step in on the second pairing and be a stay at homer in a pinch. He's better than Lilja ever was, which might not say much, but enough
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well if Lashoff is actually a decent defensive player, can we get rid of Quincey?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What's wrong with Quincey? Some people have been harping on him like crazy just because he had an adjustment period when he came to the Wings. He's a steady second pairing two-way guy. Set your expectations to reasonable levels.
    GO WINGS!