Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    He is a RFA and wants out of Edmonton as he knows he will never get a chance on a scoring line here. I wouldnt want him on the Wings either, as skilled as he is, he does not Have the strength to win the puck battles. Basically he wants a roster spot in the NHL or else he is staying in Europe
    Agreed, he would do well in Europe though.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I still think Omark could be a good NHL player, and Detroit could be a good spot for him with Babcock and their veteran core, plus their long history with Swedes and Euro's in general.

Just rosterbation but he's definitely not staying in Edmonton. If Detroit is willing to give Fabian Brunnstrom a tryout, I don't think Omark would be a huge stretch.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Immortal

Petr Mrazek made his debut with the Griffins over the weekend after spending the first few games in the ECHL. He gave up just two goals on 61 shots in a 4-1 and 2-1 victory on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

He is making his third straight start today.

Dobber Sports Star

I am about to acquire Filppula but before I do, I'd love some insight.

Does Brunner's chemistry with Zetts help or hurt him? Are we looking at a top line of
    Filps - Zetts - Brunner? I hope Filps stays on the wing, but does the addition of Nyqvist and Brunner this move him back to centre the third line? Also, as a UFA soon, is he likely to be locked up or shipped? Which would be better for his career? I wonder if he would be miscast somewhere else as the go to guy, rather than a complimentary player. Lots of questions, I know.

Basically, I am trying to gauge if Filps has emerged as a 25-40-65 type of player who is a lock to play with Zetts again. If so, he's mine. If not, then I don't want to "buy high" on him.

Thanks a lot - I appreciate it!!

EDIT: pulled the trigger already. Still would like your take
    Last edited by loco man; December 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    I am about to acquire Filppula but before I do, I'd love some insight.

Does Brunner's chemistry with Zetts help or hurt him? Are we looking at a top line of
    Filps - Zetts - Brunner? I hope Filps stays on the wing, but does the addition of Nyqvist and Brunner this move him back to centre the third line? Also, as a UFA soon, is he likely to be locked up or shipped? Which would be better for his career? I wonder if he would be miscast somewhere else as the go to guy, rather than a complimentary player. Lots of questions, I know.

Basically, I am trying to gauge if Filps has emerged as a 25-40-65 type of player who is a lock to play with Zetts again. If so, he's mine. If not, then I don't want to "buy high" on him.

Thanks a lot - I appreciate it!!

EDIT: pulled the trigger already. Still would like your take
    What did you give up? He's definitely a top six guy, he'll probably play on the second line.

Brunner is far from a sure thing, but they'll give him a shot to be a top six forward.

Dobber Sports Star

Ended up shipping Keith and Petry for Filps, Hamhuis and Vatanen. May not look great on the surface but in our format, Hammy had only 4 less points than Keith and Filps pointed in the company of Ryan, Nash, Hall, Vanek etc. Vatanen a risk but if the season is lost I like him on the PP with Fowler next year. All signs point to success in the NHL ala Enstrom (at least thats what i told myself lol). Petry dish irrelevant.

Re Filps, I see his success as being tied to Zetts last year. Not knowing Brunner very well, does he play the same wing as Filps? If not, does Brunner slide right in as Hudlers replacement? If so i think Filps picks up right where he left off and settles in as an assist heavy 65 pt player. Sound about right?
    Last edited by loco man; December 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Pro

Ended up shipping Keith and Petry for Filps, Hamhuis and Vatanen. May not look great on the surface but in our format, Hammy had only 4 less points than Keith and Filps pointed in the company of Ryan, Nash, Hall, Vanek etc. Vatanen a risk but if the season is lost I like him on the PP with Fowler next year. Petry dish irrelevant.

Re Filps, I see his success as being tied to Zetts last year. Not knowing Brunner very well, does he play the same wing as Filps? If not, does Brunner slide right in as Hudlers replacement? If so i think Filps picks up right where he left off and settles in as an assist heavy 65 pt player. Sound about right?
    I don't really have a problem with your trade, but I do have an observation. I think you may have sold low on Keith with your comparison as last season was a down one for him. Who did you have to drop to do the trade?
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    I don't really have a problem with your trade, but I do have an observation. I think you may have sold low on Keith with your comparison as last season was a down one for him. Who did you have to drop to do the trade?
    I can see the selling low argument for sure. What can i say - lockout boredom probably factored into the trade. Still, I don't mind it.

I dropped Neuvirth as i was carrying three tenders and was going to see who won out between him and Holts. Pretty sure its a one horse race now.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Pro

I can see the selling low argument for sure. What can i say - lockout boredom probably factored into the trade. Still, I don't mind it.

I dropped Neuvirth as i was carrying three tenders and was going to see who won out between him and Holts. Pretty sure its a one horse race now.
    Ouch. I have to disagree with you there. You had the handcuff on the Washington goalie situation and I believe you lost it for a marginal upgrade. I know it's in the past, but I really don't think anything is settled in Washington whatsoever. Oates and his crew will make that judgement call.

UDL Western Kings

Dobber Sports Star

Ouch. I have to disagree with you there. You had the handcuff on the Washington goalie situation and I believe you lost it for a marginal upgrade. I know it's in the past, but I really don't think anything is settled in Washington whatsoever. Oates and his crew will make that judgement call.
    Lol can see that too. A couple of things - i asked the man himself, Justin Goldman and he agreed to cut Neuvy - Holtby playing well right in front of Oates, Neuvy shitting the bed overseas, alienating himself from his team, only being my #2 behind Rinne, made him my choice. Ill take my chances with Holtby - carrying 3 tenders when i have only 4 reserve spots and i have Pekka is a bit of a hassle.

Still, the deal needs to clear so i still can drop whoever i like. Alfe is the other consideration

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Pro

Lol can see that too. A couple of things - i asked the man himself, Justin Goldman and he agreed to cut Neuvy - Holtby playing well right in front of Oates, Neuvy shitting the bed overseas, alienating himself from his team, only being my #2 behind Rinne, made him my choice. Ill take my chances with Holtby - carrying 3 tenders when i have only 4 reserve spots and i have Pekka is a bit of a hassle.

Still, the deal needs to clear so i still can drop whoever i like. Alfe is the other consideration
    I'm no goalie expert, and I've heard the same about Neuvy and Holtby, so I won't argue with Goldman. I do know that young goalies are notoriously inconsistent so, I personally prefer not to rely on them.

UDL Western Kings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ended up shipping Keith and Petry for Filps, Hamhuis and Vatanen. May not look great on the surface but in our format, Hammy had only 4 less points than Keith and Filps pointed in the company of Ryan, Nash, Hall, Vanek etc. Vatanen a risk but if the season is lost I like him on the PP with Fowler next year. All signs point to success in the NHL ala Enstrom (at least thats what i told myself lol). Petry dish irrelevant.

Interesting deal, I don't love it but I don't hate it.

For what its worth, I believe Holtby is the guy in Washington. Neuvirth just doesn't do enough for me to say he's going to unseat Holtby. Holtby is a top notch prospect too, so its not like he's coming out of nowhere. Washington brought him along slowly and its paying off IMO.

Petry has no value right now and Keith for Filppula is pretty good value, I'd lean towards taking Keith but its not that far apart IMO. You get a guy that seems to always deliver around 30 points and helps in the peripheral categories in Hamhuis. Then you get a prospect with some nice upside in Vatanen.

Basically, the way I look at it is like this.

Keith>Filppula
    Hamhuis+Vatanen>Petry
    Last edited by dmvincent; December 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM.

Dobber Sports Star

I'm no goalie expert, and I've heard the same about Neuvy and Holtby, so I won't argue with Goldman. I do know that young goalies are notoriously inconsistent so, I personally prefer not to rely on them.
    Agreed re young tenders - one is bad enough let alone 2. Still as my number 2 behind Rinne, i like Holtby. Either way i feel strong enough in net to chance Holt.

Up front, 7 of my starting 9 fwds are 28 or younger and alfe/joker get bounced to expendable status. My D is ok enough.

All in all i hope im a little more balanced. We'll see (one day)

Thanks for your take - i appreciate it!

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Pro

Agreed re young tenders - one is bad enough let alone 2. Still as my number 2 behind Rinne, i like Holtby. Either way i feel strong enough in net to chance Holt.

Up front, 7 of my starting 9 fwds are 28 or younger and alfe/joker get bounced to expendable status. My D is ok enough.

All in all i hope im a little more balanced. We'll see (one day)

Thanks for your take - i appreciate it!
    No worries. I don't think it's a bad deal.. and at this point, it's really hard to accurately evaluate it (as with all trades). Best of luck with it!

UDL Western Kings

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Interesting deal, I don't love it but I don't hate it.

For what its worth, I believe Holtby is the guy in Washington. Neuvirth just doesn't do enough for me to say he's going to unseat Holtby. Holtby is a top notch prospect too, so its not like he's coming out of nowhere. Washington brought him along slowly and its paying off IMO.

Petry has no value right now and Keith for Filppula is pretty good value, I'd lean towards taking Keith but its not that far apart IMO. You get a guy that seems to always deliver around 30 points and helps in the peripheral categories in Hamhuis. Then you get a prospect with some nice upside in Vatanen.

Basically, the way I look at it is like this.

Keith>Filppula
    Hamhuis+Vatanen>Petry
    Bingo. Not gonna put me over the top but not gonna hurt much either and I may have landed a blue chipper. Pretty much a lockout time passer deal if there ever was.

I have to say I am glad to shed the headache of three tenders though. And the more I read up on Vatanen, the more I like...

Cheers
    Last edited by loco man; December 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue