Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I had completely forgotten about Pavel Kubina. Could he work?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    I had completely forgotten about Pavel Kubina. Could he work?
    Well I believe they made an offer for him at the deadline so Im actually kind of surprised something hasn't happened with him yet. Hold up is probably on his end as he knows whoever (if anyone) doesn't land YAndle or Bouwmeester will up their price a bit.

Dobber Sports Initiate

As a Red Wings fan should I start to worry about the Wings now?It looks to me that Kenny Holland is not doing all that much..I know he tryed and failed with Suter.He tryed trading for Nash but no go.Whats next?I dont think Doan will sign with Detroit.Semin I have no idea whats going on with him.Could Holland make a trade for Bobby Ryan? But besides forwards we only have 6 D.They are not the greatest looking 6 eather..Im getting to the poitn where I think are D is going to slack big time with out Lidstrom and Stuart.the only good D we really have is Kronwall.If Kenny is hoping for are prospects to come up and take over then Im hoping they are good enough to do the job..I know we have some great prospects in all spots but I dont think its going to help us go to playoffs..Im just saying it could be a long scary season for Red Wings fans..The funny thing is I was hoping to see Holland do something with all that money we have..For once in awhile we have money to spend Holland dont do nothin with it that he should do...Is it time for the Red Wings to rebuild and that includs Kenny Holand?
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Are you listening to yourself? Re-build without Ken Holland??? Maybe the best gm in all of sports in the last 20 years. Getting superstars to sign for below what they would get on the open market to stay in Detroit of all places. Maybe the worst city in all of north america!!!

They will be just fine, maybe a little rocky at the beginning of the season but their defense will figure things out. Kronwall's injury woes are what should concern you. And this coming from a leaf fan living in Windsor!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I know it sounds crazy but maybe some new blood in the GM office would be good for Detroit.We cant be saying how good Holland is because he was great for us for the longest time but some things need change..Im really scared for are D.Holland should of done something..If Holland is so great why cant he bring in players and hes got money so there should not be that big of a problem.We use to get lots of big names to Detroit now we cant get nobody.Im just not sure about Holland anymore.This could be the year we dont make playoffs. Datsyuk and Zetterberg and The Mule is only getting older and always have injurys.Kronwall is full of injurys so who does that leave us Ian White as are tope D man lmao what a joke..As for Howard I love this kid but with out D like Lidstrom and Sturart hes going to have a rocky season...I just have a bad feeling about the Red Wings this year.
    Im also from Windsor..Just to say I think the Leafs have better looking D then Detroit does now and thats just a joke..
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just no. Idiotic, ignorant and the most overly reactionary bullshit I've ever heard. Just stop with the stupid nonsense.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardWingsFan View Post
    I know it sounds crazy but maybe some new blood in the GM office would be good for Detroit.We cant be saying how good Holland is because he was great for us for the longest time but some things need change..Im really scared for are D.Holland should of done something..If Holland is so great why cant he bring in players and hes got money so there should not be that big of a problem.We use to get lots of big names to Detroit now we cant get nobody.Im just not sure about Holland anymore.This could be the year we dont make playoffs. Datsyuk and Zetterberg and The Mule is only getting older and always have injurys.Kronwall is full of injurys so who does that leave us Ian White as are tope D man lmao what a joke..As for Howard I love this kid but with out D like Lidstrom and Sturart hes going to have a rocky season...I just have a bad feeling about the Red Wings this year.
    Im also from Windsor..Just to say I think the Leafs have better looking D then Detroit does now and thats just a joke..
    Okay, I just can't let this absurdity go.

This is one of the thinnest UFA groups ever. Holland isn't the only one who fizzled with Suter and Parise, who BOTH chose to play in Minnesota because of FAMILY! Like Holland said, you can't beat family. If it makes you feel better, Detroit was probably the destination before Parise (old friend, btw) convinced Suter to go for family and friendship. After that they didn't get any of the dmen, but would you have been happy with Carle? Exactly. Not really anything to write home about.

What happened then? Doan decided to wait and see what happens with the Phoenix situation before he makes up his mind on where to play. So we don't know what will happen there. What has Holland said? That he has presented an offer to Doan and that he will explore all trade options to bring in a few good dmen. Detroit has a wealth of prospects to deal with.

And it's "our D", not "are D". And it's "should have done something", not "should of...". Jeez.

We use to get lots of big names to Detroit now we cant get nobody.
    Again, thinnest UFA group ever and the prime dman went to one of the unlikeliest places in the league for 99% of the players, but for him it's close to family. And stop using double negatives.

Seriously, you displayed some of the most reactionary bullshit I've ever seen. Then again, you've often had a really skewed view of the Wings and how they work. It's not even a month after July 1st and you are calling for the head of the most successful GM in the league since he took office. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? We have a fully stocked prospect pool and we have plenty of difference makers in all roles. Yes, we have a couple of holes to fill among the dmen, but you can rest easy, Kindl won't be a top six starter. No worries.

Are the Wings the only team with holes to fill? Absolutely not! Look around the league and you will find plenty of teams that need to get shit done. There is a reason why many predicted that, because of the thin UFA group, there would be more trades this summer. The GMs are only waiting for most of the big UFA chips to fall. Doan, Semin, maybe some of the remaining D like Kubina and whatnot.

But according to you the sky is falling and Holland needs to be taken out back and shot. You make me sick. Seriously. And you call yourself a Wings fan. Wow...
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Anyhooo...just a heads up that Fabian Brunnstrom has signed in the SEL for 3 years. Doubt anyone is gonna lose sleep over that one though

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The Red Wings lost out on Rick Nash, but they could still pursue UFA Alex Semin and possibly Keith Yandle.

Holland has been quiet, too quiet.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Anyhooo...just a heads up that Fabian Brunnstrom has signed in the SEL for 3 years. Doubt anyone is gonna lose sleep over that one though
    Dammit....I'll burn my Brunnstrom jersey

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    The Red Wings lost out on Rick Nash, but they could still pursue UFA Alex Semin and possibly Keith Yandle.

Holland has been quiet, too quiet.
    And yeah...something has to be coming. Not losing any faith at this point. The Wings may have added nothing but remember that they're still set up pretty well for the future with a TON of cap space and no loss of prospects by overspending in a trade (yet).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Added nothing? They have a solid backup now (Conklin turned to shit), they have a familiar two-way guy back in Sammy and Tootoo is the kind of guy this team has been missing, especially in the playoffs. Then Brunner who is a complete wild card and the development of Nyquist and Smith. Add that to an already solid core. Detroit just needs to get a couple of veteran dmen and that is something that can be done through trade.

It seems A LOT of Detroit fans have become spoiled over the last 20 years...
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm not going to lie, I was expecting more out of Holland this off-season.

I thought he would trade for or sign a top pairing D, which he hasn't. Losing Jiri Hudler isn't a big deal, but Detroit will need another stud D if they want to go deep into the playoffs. If you think Gustav Nyquist will put up numbers similar to Hudler, you're mistaken. Quincey and Smith are solid, but you need one more stud on the blue line. Ian White won't have the kind of season he had last year, but Niklas Kronwall will be a beast IMO.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think the most important addition so far has been Tom Renney. Getting the PP straightened out is one of the most important things for the team to do and he's probably the right man to do that.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    I think the most important addition so far has been Tom Renney. Getting the PP straightened out is one of the most important things for the team to do and he's probably the right man to do that.
    I liked Renney as a coach and he'll make a fine addition. However, his impact on the powerplay remains to be seen. He didn't run the powerplay in Edmonton last year when they were so good - Krueger did.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Martin Frk signed his ELC today:

Detroit Red WingsVerified ‏@DetroitRedWings
    UPDATE: The Red Wings have signed forward Martin Frk to a three-year, entry-level contract. pic.twitter.com/z84yeWm4