Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wasn't it set even before this game? Chicago had no chance at overtaking Detroit because even if they'd win they would still have fewer wins.

"TIEBREAKER
    In the event teams are tied in the standings, the following tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding.

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
    2. The greater number of games won (not including games won in a shootout).
    3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
    4. Goal differential."

The only question today is who gets home ice between Nashville and Detroit.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Nope if Chicago won in regulation they would have tied Detroit in regulation wins, and they have the tiebreaker. So if Detroit lost in reg they would have been the 6th seed. Kind of disappointed now because I'd rather play Phoenix, LA or SJ on the road than Nashville.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Regulation wins... making me nuts. You shouldn't need a damn math degree just to make sense of the standings
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Regulation wins... making me nuts. You shouldn't need a damn math degree just to make sense of the standings
    Hahah i know eh. I think I'm just so used to looking at the W column that I always forget to look at ROW, which is so inconveniently placed after PTS on most standings.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, I just now noticed that column. There has to be a way to simplify that shit.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gustav Nyquist making his playoff debut tonight. What an impression this kid had made in a year as he's clearly passed Tomas Tatar on the depth chart.

Abdelkader will move up from the 4th line tonight to play between Nyquist and Cleary. Miller-Emmerton-Homer make up the fourth line.

Dobber Sports Genius

Here's to hoping Nyquist secures a spot here for next season. He's one of my better prospects I've been hanging onto.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nyquist could become a fixture in DET's top 6 if Hudler isn't resigned.

Imagine if they got Parise...

Parise - Datsyuk - Franzen
    Nyquist - Zetterberg - Filpulla

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Nyquist could become a fixture in DET's top 6 if Hudler isn't resigned.

Imagine if they got Parise...

Parise - Datsyuk - Franzen
    Nyquist - Zetterberg - Filpulla
    Me likey. Me likey a lot.

Dobber Sports Padawan

what has happened to Tatar? do you guys think he'll still get a top 6 spot in the future?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not the world's most knowledgeable person when it comes to the Wings - Tatar looked very promising but he's been surpassed by Nyquist. And that's a bad thing because Wings definitely ease their prospects in and with Nyquist in the picture I don't see a top 6 role opening soon.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I'm not the world's most knowledgeable person when it comes to the Wings - Tatar looked very promising but he's been surpassed by Nyquist. And that's a bad thing because Wings definitely ease their prospects in and with Nyquist in the picture I don't see a top 6 role opening soon.
    It's true. While Tatar going straight to the Griffins after being drafted in 09 was an unheard of feat in the Wings organization, Nyquist not only getting time in the playoffs, but getting an occasional shift with Datsyuk is something that hasn't happened for a long, long time. I know Babcock loves Nyquist and if they miss out on Parise I wouldn't be surprised to see him start in a top six role next year.

Tatar has often been compared to Jiri Hudler in his potential (who is a UFA this summer). Tatar is in a tough spot now because he's just finishing his third AHL season and there hasn't been that much progression. , but Tatar's future is really going to be determined by what the Wings do in the UFA market. I think Nyquist is a lock next year, top six or not.

Dobber Sports Padawan

sweet thanks boys!

Dobber Sports Immortal

It's sad to think that Nick Lidstrom could have played his final game at the Joe the other night, as it didn't really have much fanfare or at least a standing O that he deserves (not that I would ever expect such a thing in the midst of a playoff game in which the Wings are losing).

But here is a little bit of hope from Mike Babcock:

"I'd be shocked if he retires," Babcock said. "But I've been shocked before."

Dobber Sports Monster

Good writeup here on off season needs for Detroit...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...313/1128/rss16