Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

I would love to see the Leafs trade Dion to the Wings for the (rumored) Weiss, Pulkkinen and Smith deal. I think Pulkkinen would be a stud in Toronto.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I agree, Shake. It will be a natural transition. I wonder if Blashill will be more willing to extend the kids some leash? I noticed Larkin was signed and is joining Grand Rapids.
    I guess that depends on who it was that created the Wings reputation of developing their young players slowly, Babcock or the organization itself. I don't know enough about the team to answer that question, anyone?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I guess that depends on who it was that created the Wings reputation of developing their young players slowly, Babcock or the organization itself. I don't know enough about the team to answer that question, anyone?
    The Wings were developing their prospects like that long before Babcock.

Datsyuk was drafted in 1998 and didn't debut for the Wings until the 2001-2002 season where he played 3rd/4th line minutes. It wasn't until the 2003-2004 season that he played first line minutes. That's just one example.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I would be shocked if the Wings made the playoffs next year.
    Why, because they lost a good coach? Hyperbole. They'll make it to the dance again Ev, you know why, muscle memory...it's what they do every year!

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Why, because they lost a good coach? Hyperbole. They'll make it to the dance again Ev, you know why, muscle memory...it's what they do every year!
    What Detroit has working against them more than Babcock's departure is...

Datsyuk and Zetterberg are a year older and have been breaking down more often. Other teams in the East should make some positive strides. Also, are we all sold on their goaltending? Who's the guy, Mrazak or Howard? And is either guy a legit stud right now? If the Wings can stay healthy, get quality goaltending, and a couple of the kids emerge, then they'll be fine.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rjfisher83 View Post
    The Wings were developing their prospects like that long before Babcock.

Datsyuk was drafted in 1998 and didn't debut for the Wings until the 2001-2002 season where he played 3rd/4th line minutes. It wasn't until the 2003-2004 season that he played first line minutes. That's just one example.
    Yep people tend to forget that. They say say "oh Ken Holland, Mike Babcock etc what genius' ! While yes he's continued the tradition , the man who deserves the most credit is Jim Devellano(former asst coach to Bill Torrey with the cup winning Isles) who was brought in in the early 80s, who started and put his fingerprints all over this organization and how they do things. He is still with them as a senior consultant I believe.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The only way I seem them missing tbe playoffs, is if they trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg to T.O. for Kadri and Lupul.. HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Yep people tend to forget that. They say say "oh Ken Holland, Mike Babcock etc what genius' ! While yes he's continued the tradition , the man who deserves the most credit is Jim Devellano(former asst coach to Bill Torrey with the cup winning Isles) who was brought in in the early 80s, who started and put his fingerprints all over this organization and how they do things. He is still with them as a senior consultant I believe.
    Jimmy D. and Hakan Andersson deserve a large majority of credit for the Wings success. Andersson scouting the Euro talent and convincing management to take chances on guys like Lidstrom, Fedorov, Konstantinov, Kozlov, Holmstrom, Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc. Talk about setting up a franchise for decades.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Monster

Granato will not be part of Blash's staff.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 14m14 minutes ago

Tony Granato has told the Red Wings he will not be exercising the option he has on his contract. Spent 1 year as assistant to Mike Babcock.

Dobber Sports Monster

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive Wings, assistant coach Tony Granato working on new contract after he declined option for 2015-16. Granato said he "absolutely" wants to stay

Hit the reverse button on Granato leaving. It might be just that he declined his own option, and will re-negotiate a new contract with the team.
    Sounds like this may be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Granato will not be part of Blash's staff.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 14m14 minutes ago

Tony Granato has told the Red Wings he will not be exercising the option he has on his contract. Spent 1 year as assistant to Mike Babcock.

Dobber Sports Monster

Not that it's of any surprise.
    Cole won't be returning.

Erik Cole's Detroit Red Wings career lasted all of 11 games.
    The veteran forward Cole was acquired at the trade deadline from Dallas for a couple of a prospects. Cole scored three goals and six points in just 11 games for Detroit. He unfortunately lost the remainder of the season due to a spinal cord contusion. The 36 year old had 18 goals and 33 points in 57 games all told. Cole is coming off a four-year $18M contract, which carried a $4.5M cap hit.
    Source: Brad Galli on Twitter
    Jun 9 - 7:34 PM

Dobber Sports Stud

Curious how Wings fan see their team looking for 16-17 season.

Quite a few names coming off the board, with an arguably mediocre track record on UFA and the depth available from the minors...

anyway would love to hear what regular watchers think
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Could Larkin play for the Griffins?? What's the rule there? Or did he have to at some point this year?

Team just didn't have it offensively this year. Not sure where there offensive confidence went this season but Nyquist and Tatar looked lost at points. Sheahan didn't really take a step like I expected. Oullet, Marchenko and Sproul didn't really have an impact at all as I was expecting at least one to become a regular. Datsyuk was non existent by the end of the year. But like what happened to Nyquist.....whenever he got the puck he looked like me in a beer hockey game when I've missed 3 weeks and had 2 beers before the game.

Not sure how I feel about Blashill. I don't have any product to watch every game so I watched WAY less this year, but it honestly seemed like he just kept changing lines. Like WAY too much. Eveery time the camera went to him it just looked like he had a bewildered look. I actually had a joke earlier this year saying he just stands there and everyone still plays under Babcock's system.

Anyways.....they need to make some changes. Nyquist, Tatar, Pulkkinen, AA, Larkin......all similar players. They need major help on defense. I still wonder if they had landed Suter and Parise would they have struggled to be a contender like Minny has.

Either way....streak ends next year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Detroit is re-shaping it's coaching staff this off season. Ferschweiler will no longer run the PP play and long time goalie coach Bedard won't be renewed. It will be interesting to see who's out there for associate coaches and a goalie coach.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 18m18 minutes ago

#RedWings have reassigned assistant coach Pat Ferschweiler, who'll work from press box. They're seeking two new bench assistants.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 21m21 minutes ago

#RedWings looking for a goaltending coach after opting not to renew Jim Bedard's contract. He'd been with team for 18 seasons.

The Great One

Tony Granato is also the new head coach for Wisconsin of the NCAA.

Theres no way he can still be an assistant in Detroit, can he? Could and should be an opening there as well.