Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Immortal

Here we go!!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Time to clinch this!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Time to clinch this!
    5 legitimate chances so far.....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hank to Mule!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

18:17
    Henrik Zetterberg (10)
    Assists: Justin Abdelkader, Pavel Datsyuk

That's what ESPN lists it as. Am I going crazy or was it not Zetterberg feeding Mule in the slot while being abused by Dillon?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

You're crazy.....it was Abdelkader haha

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Obviously :P
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Novice

22nd STRAIGHT playoff appearance. Amazing! 22 consecutive years, not even a one year fluke miss in there. Model of consistency.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

They could beat the Ducks, although I don't think they will.

I'd much rather face Anaheim than Chicago, Go Wings Go!!!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Icon

Zetterberg's so... underrated. Yes, I think he's underrated, because in terms of the skill / leadership / determination combo, I think he's right up there with the Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, albeit a bit older. He basically carried this team by sheer will the last 4 games, primarily because (as he said) he'd be damned if he was going to be the captain of the first Wings team to miss the playoffs in 20+ years - over his dead body, and so what happens, 10 pts in 4 games, all wins, all needed to clinch their spot. He did what leaders do, spoke softly but carried a big stick and led by example. Datsyuk too, of course. They both willed a win despite the massive loss of Lidstrom and a clearly weak team D.

The same way he carried the Wings, he also must have won lots of championships for his fantasy owners. He was my MVP this year (series is not over but it's largely academic at this point, and I've won for the 2nd time running despite a tough, long series) along with Lundqvist. At one point during the final week of my series I was 7 assists down in that category, and 6 PPPs down, and Zetterberg by himself allowed me to complete the comeback in both categories.

Traded Semin for Zetterberg a couple of years ago and was ecstatic, would still make that trade today notwithstanding how well Semin has fared in Carolina. I'll take 5 more years of Henrik's close to PPG and clutch scoring, not to mention another 300+ SOG season (pro rated, 308 to be precise).
    Last edited by ross10019; April 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Zetterberg's so... underrated. Yes, I think he's underrated, because in terms of the skill / leadership / determination combo, I think he's right up there with the Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, albeit a bit older. He basically carried this team by sheer will the last 4 games, primarily because (as he said) he'd be damned if he was going to be the captain of the first Wings team to miss the playoffs in 20+ years - over his dead body, and so what happens, 10 pts in 4 games, all wins, all needed to clinch their spot. He did what leaders do, spoke softly but carried a big stick and led by example. Datsyuk too, of course. They both willed a win despite the massive loss of Lidstrom and a clearly weak team D.

The same way he carried the Wings, he also must have made won lots of championships for his fantasy owners. He was my MVP this year (series is not over but it's largely academic at this point, and I've won for the 2nd time running despite a tough, long series) along with Lundqvist. At one point during the final week of my series I was 7 assists down in that category, and 6 PPPs down, and Zetterberg by himself allowed me to complete the comeback in both categories.

Traded Semin for Zetterberg a couple of years ago and was ecstatic, would still make that trade today notwithstanding how well Semin has fared in Carolina. I'll take 5 more years of Henrik's close to PPG and clutch scoring, not to mention another 300+ SOG season (pro rated, 308 to be precise).
    Great post, he's an unbelievable player.

He put the team on his back in this run to make the playoffs,
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gordie freaking Howe steps through the scrum to give Jimmy Howard a handshake

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments...medium=twitter

Wow

Dobber Sports Monster

Great year for Detroit. They close out their Western Conference career. Now move on to the Eastern Conference.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great season for the Wings. People can say the choked vs Chicago....but it was Chicago. Before the series it was all predicting Hawks, and after Game 1 it was Hawks in 3.....in a weird way glad it didn't end with a Wings' win because of that brutal call. But having to go through them losing twice (because that first goal was with a minute left) .........painful.

Such a season of growth though.....From the young third line to Abdelkader to any one of the Dmen who stepped up in a huge way! The rebuild on the fly is under way.

And how about Jimmy Howard! MVP of the season in my opinion.

And hey....if I have to put an even more positive spin on it.....I don't think they would have had a chance in hell vs LAK...and now their draft pick doesn't drop to bottom 4 now!

Highest draft pick since 1991!!!! 18th overall!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If people are saying Detroit choked after pulling a game seven against the best team in the league, then they are legitimately ******ed.

Like hockeyrobot said, this season was really impressive in terms of growth. I was waiting for it in the beginning of the season. A bunch of middling vets going down, forcing Holland and Babs to play the kids. Lashoff was a revelation and then DeKeyser. Smith needs a cooler head, but he was okay. Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Brunner... great to see! I'm probably forgetting someone. Now if we can just get rid of White, Cola, Bert, Fil, Sammy, Emmerton and Cleary, I'll be even happier.
    GO WINGS!