Page 29 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Immortal

Absolutely massive stretch coming here for the Wings. They've definitely tightened up their game in a BIG way lately with their new "top six" defense.

Since their 8-3 route of the Canucks, the Wings have scored only 6 goals and allowed 6 goals in their last 4 games. Four straight 2-1 games.

Their next 5 games are:

vs Edm
    @CBJ
    vs CBJ
    @Cgy
    @Edm

On paper they're all winnable games against non playoff teams.....but they've lost two of three to Columbus as well as their only game to Calgary so far.

The Magnificent One

whats going on with ian white? i figured 1-2 games being benched but now it seems like its been weeks. is he gonna get back in? is he done with?

i had so much trade interest over the summer and kept declining. not a smart move lol.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    whats going on with ian white? i figured 1-2 games being benched but now it seems like its been weeks. is he gonna get back in? is he done with?

i had so much trade interest over the summer and kept declining. not a smart move lol.
    See my above post....the Wings have tightened up in a huge way lately and Babcock seems to be sticking with what's working. They absolutely dominated territorially against the Oilers tonight. Also doesn't hurt that Kindl has actually looked great lately. Much more poise and confidence.

Also..,,I'm gonna kill Brunner if he goes for the Long empty netter again!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Detroit simply didn't bring it today against the Blue Jackets, they were outplayed throughout the entire game. Hard working players like Ryan Johansen and Nick Foligno were front and centre for the Blue Jackets and Sergei Bobrovsky made 29 saves, picking up the shutout in a 3-0 win over the Red Wings. Cam Atkinson, Jack Johnson and Foligno tallied goals for Columbus.

This is not Jonas Gustavsson's fault, the team was just flat today. Mike Babcock called a timeout during the game and said absolutely nothing to his team, they did start playing better as the game went on but Bobrovsky was equal to the task.

Detroit will try and bounce back on Sunday as they finish off a home and home series with the Blue Jackets. Puck drop is at 5 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another ffreaking loss to the Blue Jackets!! They definitely have the Wings number this year and they've thoroughly outplayed them in most games.

I have to admit....Kindl has really impressed me this year. He's clearly gaining confidence for the ice tme and not being a healthy scratch every other game.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gustav Nyquist regained sole possession as the leading scorer in the AHL today with a three point effort against Hamilton. I wanted to go to the game at Copps....but can't miss semi final men's league hockey now can I!?!

Also.....Kris Newbury is third in the league with 53 points in 59 games. WTF

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Another game the Wings let slip away, but this time they lost in a shootout to the Blue Jackets. Derick Brassard and R.J. Umberger scored in regular for the Columbus, while Detroit countered with goals from Jakub Kindl and Johan Franzen. Sergei Bobrovsky turned aside 21 of 23 shots fired his way, while Jimmy Howard stopped 19 of 21 shots he faced.

Pavel Datsyuk's 32nd career shootout goal gives him the most shootout goals of all time, but that wasn't enough as Ryan Johansen made a beautiful move on Jimmy Howard and Matt Calvert would score as well. Henrik Zetterberg and Damien Brunner could not beat Sergei Bobrovsky, as he sealed the 3-2 win. This win gives Columbus a five-game win streak.

Detroit has a little Western road trip coming up in their next three games as they travel to Calgary on Wednesday, Edmonton on Thursday and Vancouver on Saturday.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Guru

Nyquist up, Tatar down

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
    The Red Wings have recalled Gustav Nyquist from Grand Rapids and reassigned Tomas Tatar to the Griffins, GM Ken Holland said.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Nyquist up, Tatar down
    The kid definitely deserves it. Here's hoping he gets a shot on a scoring line.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Nyquist was sent back down because Helm was expected to play Wednesday....but alas....ANOTHER set back for Darren Helm.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013031...ck-back-injury

Dobber Sports Ninja

What's the deal with Brunner? I feel like his ice time has been dropping lately.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    What's the deal with Brunner? I feel like his ice time has been dropping lately.
    He has been down around 12-13 mins a game lately.... I think he is starting to tire to be honest. So far including his time in Switzerland he has played 62 games this season. The most he has played in any season in the previous 5 years is 56 (across 3 teams and 2 leagues). Add in the extra grind that is the NHL and I think we are seeing him tire out.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hitting the rookie wall. He's already played quite a bit of hockey this year (started in September) and he's not used to playing NHL's long season's, certainly not with the heightened pace of the schedule.

Today I also saw that Zetterberg and Eaves might have gotten injured in practice. Hope they're okay. They're dropping like flies.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

Hey Wings fans

Is it time to cut bait with Ian White? I am looking ahead to next year, and while I know he will land on a different team, is he no longer fantasy relevant? I was always a fan of his offensive game, but now am thinking it is over.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Hey Wings fans

Is it time to cut bait with Ian White? I am looking ahead to next year, and while I know he will land on a different team, is he no longer fantasy relevant? I was always a fan of his offensive game, but now am thinking it is over.
    Definitely time to cut bait. Even with their struggling back end he's had a hard time staying in and being productive.