Page 99 of 370 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Superstar

All I can say is that I sure wish that teams would start trading their stud defensemen because my Dallas Stars needs one, like they will because the Oil need one.

RETIRED

Banned

no single player is going to solve their problems and this team will never mature, as is, into a cup contender. a lot of work is needed to turn things around in edmonton, and to date, management has shown that they understand tht you have to build a TEAM to be successful. Having a set of elite young players is a nice thing to have, but it can't be all you have...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    no single player is going to solve their problems and this team will never mature, as is, into a cup contender. a lot of work is needed to turn things around in edmonton, and to date, management has shown that they do not understand tht you have to build a TEAM to be successful. Having a set of elite young players is a nice thing to have, but it can't be all you have...
    By the context, I expect you meant this... ^^

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Our savior Stephen King is done for the night with an injury.

Wings out to a quick 2-0 lead in the first............do the Oil even have a team system?

Dobber Sports Ninja

When you the Oilers and Sabres play? That's going to be awesome!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    When you the Oilers and Sabres play? That's going to be awesome!
    LOL, I'm starting to think Lars Eller was right.

Eakins looks like he doesn't know where to start.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Things that need to be fixed.

The mythical Losing culture.
    Defensive play
    Goaltending
    Powerplay
    The Breakout
    Hemsky's offsides
    Gagner's ability to fall down
    Nugent-Hopkins deer legs
    Hall's zombie forehead
    Yakupov's lack of Team Canada trashing
    Eberle's shooting percentage
    Scoring
    Passing
    Skating

I am sure there's more.

I have heard every single suggestion from people. Everyone is an expert on the Oilers except for Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish it seems.

And yet, ticket prices are through the roof and sales are great so there's no incentive for Katz to give a shit.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wow. The Oilers really have a knack for saving the worst for the biggest stages......that was another completely embarrassing HNIC for the Oil. They showed zero fight and deserved every boo they got from the poor fans that paid money to see that garbage.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Deity

The problems start with Kevin Lowe. He's been the main problem for years now.

Until he us finally booted, I have little faith the Oilers are going to turn this franchise around. Come on Katz, how is this not slapping you in the face?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

What's the definition of insanity? Something like doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I think I'm going insane...each time I tune into an Oilers game I think this is the game they're going to look like an NHL team. And every time I'm wrong.

Last night was brutal. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Administrator

I don't think they'll look good until Hall gets back. They've sucked all season but I thought they played reasonably well in the very early going, just with terrible goaltending. Now they've fallen off and it's no surprise to me that it's without Hall.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post

The way I see it Schultz, Petry, Smid, Ference, MAYBE Belov could be here for the foreseeable future and hopefully Klefbom and Nurse will become legit NHL calibre dmen in that time too so we should be careful for the price we pay to improve our D unless it's a very clear upgrade. No more depth acquisitions on the back end please.
    I agree with not getting anymore depth, but they need to reshape this d in the worst way. This is a terrible on a whole. Justin Schultz gets points but he's terrible defensively. He's not a number one. He's shattenkirk(but worse defensively) and they don't have a Pietrangelo.
    Figure it out guys. Time to move some youth for top pairing d, two way forwards and a goalie. Not an easy task.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    I agree with not getting anymore depth, but they need to reshape this d in the worst way. This is a terrible on a whole. Justin Schultz gets points but he's terrible defensively. He's not a number one. He's shattenkirk(but worse defensively) and they don't have a Pietrangelo.
    Figure it out guys. Time to move some youth for top pairing d, two way forwards and a goalie. Not an easy task.
    That assumes that these guys are available. They just aren't. Top defensemen rarely come available. Suter left Nashville but because he wanted to sign in Minnesota. Was Edmonton even an option?

Bouwmeester was dealt last year and for cheap but was Calgary gonna trade him to their provincial rivals? Those teams have completed exactly one trade ever and that was a washed-up Steve Staios for a barely NHL-worthy Aaron Johnson and a third rounder. That's as non-impact as it comes.

I'm sure Oilers brass is well aware of how a franchise defenseman could change the culture of this team completely. The saw it first hand when they acquired Pronger. The problem is that that was a one in a million opportunity. You can't assume that's just going to pop up again.

So they have to develop their own. That takes it's own form of luck with timing and yes a certain amount of skill in scouting and development but still luck. Because you can't know for sure if a guy is going to step in and be Seth Jones or Adam Larsson.

We all see the problems. The team needs more talent. Plain and simple, the players aren't good enough. When they are healthy this team can compete but they never get healthy. They tried to game the system bottoming out for top/can't-miss picks but it's not that simple. It's not the NBA where one player can step in right away and be a top player who flips the franchise on it's head. And even in the NBA, you need to have luck and timing to draft a franchise player.

I don't know how they get there. This is like stealing the answers to a math test. You can know the solution but you still have to show your work and how you got there. How do they get there?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The problems start with Kevin Lowe. He's been the main problem for years now.

Until he us finally booted, I have little faith the Oilers are going to turn this franchise around. Come on Katz, how is this not slapping you in the face?
    Why would Katz care? He's got an arena deal from the city, butts in the seat every game, and all this from the worst franchise in the NHL. He has zero incentive to see the team get better. It's just another page from the Wirtz/Ballard handbook of NHL GMing.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Why would Katz care? He's got an arena deal from the city, butts in the seat every game, and all this from the worst franchise in the NHL. He has zero incentive to see the team get better. It's just another page from the Wirtz/Ballard handbook of NHL GMing.
    You can say he doesnt care but I am willing to bet you he wants to win. Show me a filthy rich person who want to lose at anything (OK, maybe Ballard but those types are few and far between). Anyone successful in life wants to be successful in everything they do, it's in their nature to not fail. Right now, this franchise is failing big time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."