Page 98 of 370 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    its too bad that Dallas Eakins cant get the Oilers to play the right way. After a certain point, it's not the coach's fault. I dont watch many Oiler games but I can only assume theyre not playing hard and/or the right way.

I dont think theres a long-term solution. Franchise defenseman wont suddenly become available. Itll cost alot to get one, they may have to trade an Eberle to get a Yandle. I dont see any other high-end puck moving D even possibly being moved.
    I honestly think they have to hope Nurse pans out (and by pans out I mean is a legitimate stud defenseman) to have any chance of being a real team within the next few years.

It could be a VERY long time before the Oilers see the playoffs.

Banned

if the Sens continue to struggle a bit I will bet these two teams make a deal. Buckle up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    if the Sens continue to struggle a bit I will bet these two teams make a deal. Buckle up.
    Scary thought since I'm pretty sure the Oilers get destroyed in any deal with the Sens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Scary thought since I'm pretty sure the Oilers get destroyed in any deal with the Sens.
    Who's your best d-man? Petry? We'll take him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Who's your best d-man? Petry? We'll take him.
    Sounds good. I assume the Oilers will kindly take a collection of bottom pairing defensemen, goons, and maybe a 5th rounder so that they can have more utterly useless depth.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Suter/Keith/Weber are nearly impossible to acquire. Yandle not so much. This is partially due to OEL's emergence but more so because he really isn't the defensive force the others listed are (though I'm sure he can be a solid top pairing guy with the right partner).
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Suter/Keith/Weber are nearly impossible to acquire. Yandle not so much. This is partially due to OEL's emergence but more so because he really isn't the defensive force the others listed are (though I'm sure he can be a solid top pairing guy with the right partner).
    Weber is the most likely candidate of those first 3, with the rise of Seth Jones, and the fact that Nashville needs help scoring makes it possible. The big factor is Weber's salary. Hemsky, Petry and Yakopov?
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Banned

and poor d. perron is still crying himself to sleep after his unfortunate turn of events this summer.

I still think this team is three years from making the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Weber would take Hall and Eberle, and I'd easily pay that for Weber.

Perron is amazing. If the whole team was made of players like him the Oilers would be a beast. Can tell he comes from a team that knows how to play actual NHL level hockey.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Weber is the most likely candidate of those first 3, with the rise of Seth Jones, and the fact that Nashville needs help scoring makes it possible. The big factor is Weber's salary. Hemsky, Petry and Yakopov?
    Silly.

The emergence of Seth Jones does not make Weber available. Nashville needing scoring does not make Weber available.

What the Oilers need is Chris Pronger. Even if he has concussion issues and one eye.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Believe me, I'm not implying that they can actually get those guys, I'm only saying that that is the type of player they need.

They don't really need Yandle IMHO, regardless of whether he can be acquired or not. Yandle is not the cure for their ills.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Silly.

The emergence of Seth Jones does not make Weber available. Nashville needing scoring does not make Weber available.

What the Oilers need is Chris Pronger. Even if he has concussion issues and one eye.
    Sure it might be silly, but I am just regurgitating the thoughts of others.

Adam Proteau of the Hockey News: Proteau thinks it may be time for the Predators to trade defenseman Shea Weber. Weber carries a $7.8 million cap hit until 2026. Pekka Rinne is out a month and their replacements have played in three NHL games. They are second worst in goals per game, 2.27. Trading Weber for offense help could help their perennial problem in scoring. Losing Weber would hurt their blueline in the short-term, but Seth Jones could be a franchise defenseman. GM David Poile could get a haul for Weber. The Flyers were willing to lose four first round draft picks when they signed him to an offer sheet. What would they offer now? What would the Oilers offer? Proteau would start with either Ryan Nugent-Hopkins or Taylor Hall. Weber doesn’t have a no-trade clause.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sounds like Proteau's just spitballing in the same way we are. Nothing there of any substance.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Sounds like Proteau's just spitballing in the same way we are. Nothing there of any substance.
    absolutely.

I was really only suggesting Weber would be a few percent more likely to be moved than Suter or Keith. Nashville has a history of developing and moving dmen.

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not sure Jones really makes Weber expendable either as NSH system is built around strong D. The more the merrier.

Yak++ is a decent starting point. Not so sure Oilers management is willing to admit they are panicking to the point of dangling Nuge or Hall yet.

If NSH management is seriously thinking that at some point maybe Weber will have to go they should try playing Jones and Josi together to see if they can form a formidable #1 pairing.

Yandle would still be a welcomed addition to the blueline though and can essentially kill 2 birds with 1 stone ie top PP QB as well as legitimate top 4 dman. If we could acquire him, it could make Schultz expendable and we could use him as trade bait? But unless we already had something in place to do so, I'd be wary of giving up a top forward for Yandle.

The way I see it Schultz, Petry, Smid, Ference, MAYBE Belov could be here for the foreseeable future and hopefully Klefbom and Nurse will become legit NHL calibre dmen in that time too so we should be careful for the price we pay to improve our D unless it's a very clear upgrade. No more depth acquisitions on the back end please.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year