Page 96 of 370 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Hah... I'm not calling home about anything. Beating the Oil definitely isn't something to be proud of.

I just find it amusing that doulos seems to believe that the top team in the eastern conference is apparently "a good team to beat up on" for the worst team in the entire league. Someone please explain that logic to me
    Leafs won the scoreboard but were outshot, lost faceoffs and played in their own zone most of the game. Can't have Reimer/Bernier stand on their head every night. I find it bizarre luck the Leafs can play this way most games and find a way to win. That will change.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Still at it with the Leafs bashing huh? I suppose that makes the result tonight that much sweeter
    Turns out my good feeling was just gas I suppose. I didn't even watch the game as I was at a Dixie Chicks concert tonight. Natalie Maines put in more effort into Goodbye Earl than the whole Oilers from what it looks like. Awesome stuff...haha.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hah... I'm not calling home about anything. Beating the Oil definitely isn't something to be proud of.

I just find it amusing that doulos seems to believe that the top team in the eastern conference is apparently "a good team to beat up on" for the worst team in the entire league. Someone please explain that logic to me
    Leafs fans have all the leverage since they are getting wins, and that's all that counts. However, most of the people who watch them play (and are not Leafs fans) seem to agree that they have way more points than they should. I'm hardly alone in this belief.

But if I was in the same position as Leaf fanbase I would be saying the same things. All that matters is wins, and Toronto is getting those in spades right now.

Leaf fans can gloat all they want while the wins keep rolling in. I would expect nothing less, and would do nothing less if it was the Oilers. Congrats on the win tonight.

Banned

Probably because the top team in the conference means very little right about now. Look at Colorado.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Stephen King played very well in regulation and overtime, will definitely get the next start.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This reminds me of what happened to me while I was watching the game last night. My wife comes downstairs after putting our daughter back to bed and says who is that in net for the Oilers. I reply, "Richard Bachman". She asks, "is that his real name?" So I say, "no. His real name is Stephen King but people get him mixed up with someone else all the time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Stephen King gets the start tonight against the Leafs. Maybe they'll bring CUJO out of retirement for this one......
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    as long as he doesn't pull a Carrie (Jim Carey, that is)
    Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Stephen King is one hit wonder.............
    Well played, everyone.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I never said the Leafs will finish atop the standings - in fact that would blow my mind. I was just pointing out the facts based on today's standings.

I watch all the games, and despite the boxscore last night, I never ONCE felt the Leafs were ever threatened in this game. The oilers had about 20 shots after the end of the 2nd period... the game was already done by the third after 4-0, and the Leafs let off the gas. Anyone who's saying the Leafs were "outplayed" last night obviously did NOT watch the game.

Like I said before... this is a team with speed and elite offensive skill that buries it's chances. Yes - it helps their goaltending duo is solid right now, but they've also found ways to win games where their goaltending has been shit.

Leafs may not finish atop the conference (I'd be shocked if they do) but they definitely deserve more respect than they're getting today from the majority of those on this forum. I think this goes beyond looking the facts and being objective - I think people outside of Toronto generally just really want to see Leafs Nation to fail.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Probably because the top team in the conference means very little right about now. Look at Colorado.
    Your energy would probably be better served worrying about your Sens... clearly not living up to the monumental expectations you laid out for them at the start of the season and that "locker room meeting" Spezza held resulted in 6 goals against last night

Banned

Your energy would probably be better served worrying about your Sens... clearly not living up to the monumental expectations you laid out for them at the start of the season and that "locker room meeting" Spezza held resulted in 6 goals against last night
    How about you stop trolling other team boards? Just a thought. I don't see other people doing that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    How about you stop trolling other team boards? Just a thought. I don't see other people doing that.
    How am I trolling? I can go to any forum and comment wherever I want. I saw a comment directed against the Leafs that I thought was unfair and responded accordingly - nothing off side there.

Do you realize how rich that comment is coming from you?

Banned

How am I trolling? I can go to any forum and comment wherever I want.
    You're not wrong...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I never said the Leafs will finish atop the standings - in fact that would blow my mind. I was just pointing out the facts based on today's standings.

I watch all the games, and despite the boxscore last night, I never ONCE felt the Leafs were ever threatened in this game. The oilers had about 20 shots after the end of the 2nd period... the game was already done by the third after 4-0, and the Leafs let off the gas. Anyone who's saying the Leafs were "outplayed" last night obviously did NOT watch the game.

Like I said before... this is a team with speed and elite offensive skill that buries it's chances. Yes - it helps their goaltending duo is solid right now, but they've also found ways to win games where their goaltending has been shit.

Leafs may not finish atop the conference (I'd be shocked if they do) but they definitely deserve more respect than they're getting today from the majority of those on this forum. I think this goes beyond looking the facts and being objective - I think people outside of Toronto generally just really want to see Leafs Nation to fail.
    I agree Blayze, I watched the game from puck drop to end whistle. I NEVER felt threatened by the Oilers. But what I did find alarming was how off Reimer seemed. Always seemed to be out of position and solely reactive. Just looked off to me. Now he kept the puck out which is what matters, but I'm starting to like the idea of having both Reim's and Bernier maning the net this year. But the Oil Kids where peppering him with shots and his rebound control (Or lack there of) was making things way more entertaining than it needed to be.

As for the Oilers...I think they're far enough into the season to realize that unless they want to try and get another 1st over all pick...it's time for McTavish to quit talking bold and start being bold. This team looks juvy (oops) and lacking direction and leadership. Eakins looks awkward too.

MAKE A CHANGE NOW!!! (stated from my armchair!) lol

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Well played, everyone.
    I thought you might like those, buddy
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

How am I trolling? I can go to any forum and comment wherever I want. I saw a comment directed against the Leafs that I thought was unfair and responded accordingly - nothing off side there.

Do you realize how rich that comment is coming from you?
    I don't find you coming in here to throw a little trash talk around that big of a deal, particularly since I threw the lob ball into the air for you to hit earlier yesterday...haha.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't find you coming in here to throw a little trash talk around that big of a deal, particularly since I threw the lob ball into the air for you to hit earlier yesterday...haha.
    Toronto fans can suck it...at least we can always remind them that they traded Seguin for Kessel...

...oh, wait a minute. Damn, now we can't even tease them about that any longer.

Screw you Leaf fans!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

I'm going to find some Buffalo fans to mock...they are about the only other fans that can even somewhat understand our pain.

Bomm, where are you?!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap