Page 91 of 370 FirstFirst ... 41 81 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Dubnyk must be feeling the pressure. A contract year and the chance to prove himself as their goalie for the future, and he's choking.

Dubnyk + for Miller. Do it MacT.
    Sabres don't need Dubnyk. There have plenty of goaltending options.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It's worth a try for Bryz.....guaranteed Labarbera gets the next start. This is Labarbera's chance to steal the job full-time.
    Labarbera as our starting goalie. What a sad, sad thought that is.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BC Oiler View Post
    Labarbera as our starting goalie. What a sad, sad thought that is.
    Labarbera is not good enough to be a starter either. Bachman deserves a chance if it was my decision.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Labarbera is not good enough to be a starter either. Bachman deserves a chance if it was my decision.
    Yeah it's getting to be that time. Dubnyk has zero confidence right now. I was reading in Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts a week or two ago about how the changes to goalie equipment really had an effect on Dubnyk.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Sabres don't need Dubnyk. There have plenty of goaltending options.
    True, but a decent salary dump for the SAbres. They would save 2.75m this year.

Both are UFAs so they could leave Dubnyk to the market this summer if they have depth in their organization.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah it's getting to be that time. Dubnyk has zero confidence right now. I was reading in Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts a week or two ago about how the changes to goalie equipment really had an effect on Dubnyk.
    Yeah, it seems to be having a huge impact mentally.

Contract year for Dubnyk, talk about terrible timing. This could be his career going from a starter to a back-up ongoing.

Administrator

True, but a decent salary dump for the SAbres. They would save 2.75m this year.

Both are UFAs so they could leave Dubnyk to the market this summer if they have depth in their organization.
    I'm not sure they are really that concerned with how much they are spending in Buffalo. The main aspects of the deal would be what else the Sabres would be acquiring because I'm not sure they'd value Dubnyk at all, which is why it's so damned hard to move goalies mid-season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'm not sure they are really that concerned with how much they are spending in Buffalo. The main aspects of the deal would be what else the Sabres would be acquiring because I'm not sure they'd value Dubnyk at all, which is why it's so damned hard to move goalies mid-season.
    I realize the idea is doubtful, and agree that Buffalo is a team that hasn't been that worried about spending lately. Perhaps the Oil throw in a decent pick (2nd rounder).

Was more looking at it in a few ways. First, it sounds like Miller may want a change of scenery and since he is a UFA they may move him. Second, the Sabres are crap this year and the worse their season gets, the earlier they'll do it. Third, if they can save salary, they may as well make a deal - especially if Miller is unlikely to re-sign there.

They won't find too many trading partners for Miller in a UFA year to begin with.

Banned

Anderson would be the perfect target for the Oilers most likely in the off-season.

In regards to the equipment, Dubnyk said his equipment wasn't really affected by the rule changes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Anderson would be the perfect target for the Oilers most likely in the off-season.

In regards to the equipment, Dubnyk said his equipment wasn't really affected by the rule changes.
    Yeah I don't see it as an equipment issue at all. More of a grey matter issue.

The Great One

They won't find too many trading partners for Miller in a UFA year to begin with.
    At the trade deadline, that may not be true. There may be plenty of teams willing to pony up for Miller, especially if he's playing well.

They won't trade him to save some salary. They'll only trade him if they are getting back assets to help them down the road.

Right now I wouldn't take Dubnyk even if you gave me a 2nd round pick with him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

Anderson 2010-2013 .918SV%
    Dubnyk 2010-2013 .917SV%

Relax.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    At the trade deadline, that may not be true. There may be plenty of teams willing to pony up for Miller, especially if he's playing well.
    Barring injury, there are few (if any) teams that will need to make a trade for Miller at the deadline.
    Last edited by MXHockey; October 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spoilers View Post
    Anderson 2010-2013 .918SV%
    Dubnyk 2010-2013 .917SV%

Relax.
    Anderson is a much better goaltender than Dubnyk. Don't know how that can be argued.

The Great One

Barring injury, there are few (if any) teams that will need to make a trade for Miller at the deadline.
    I'd still rather nothing for Miller, than Dubnyk.

And Miller has a partial NTC.

Why would he go to Edmonton?