Page 86 of 370 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Hall may play C but he's not going to wear C in his jersey as Andrew Ference has been named Oilers' captain.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads
    Bleh, just delaying the inevitable. Everyone knows this is Hall's team.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    IMO they don't really have a clear C or clearcut leader right now. Hall is a great player but not captain material right now. I think Gagner was the best choice to be honest.

I like giving it to a vet even though Ference was just signed which is odd

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers put Larson and Hamilton on waivers and claimed Luke Gazdic. All pretty much non-issues. Gazdic is another goon, so I'd rather see him elsewhere. Oh well.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ference is an okay choice for the next few years until the younger guys are in their mi/late 20s and legitimate adults.

Hall would be my choice as well, but some people don't like the fact that he actually shows emotion on the ice.

Dobber Sports Deity

I have no issues with Ference as captain. They brought him in for his leadership abilities anyways. I can't understand teams like Colorado who name kids like Landeskog to be their captain. Stuff like that makes little sense to me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Smart move IMO. Don't see any need to rush Hall into the captain's role at 23.....Ference will do a solid job as a place-holder for 3-4 years until Hall is ready to have the torch passed to him.

Too many teams handing out C's waaaaay to early, I really like this decision.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ninja

New lines for tonight's opener. Looks like they loaded up the top line and surrounded Arcobello with the vets.

Second line is weak, fourth line is horrifically bad and hopefully see almost no ice time.

Third line intrigues we as hopefully Yakupov will have some room out there.

Perron Hall Eberle
    Smyth Arcobello Hemsky
    Joensuu Gordon Yakupov
    Gazdic Acton Brown

Dobber Sports Ace

I have a guy feeling that Yakapov is going to get Seguin'd before the season gets too deep. I don't have anything to base it on, but something about him and the Oilers doesn't feel right.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Icon

Hopefully the Oilers can get as much in a trade for Yakupov as the Bruins got in giving up Seguin. They Oilers should definitely move him. Yakupov was completely disinterested in the game tonight. He did not take a hard stride until the game was well out of reach. The Oiler fan in me hopes he is ill but the realist in me thinks he is being a baby for not starting the year on the first line.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers need to get Hall away from center (who has been almost the worst player on the team through 2 games), and see what they have. Yakupov is far from the problem with the team. He was simply dominant near the end of last season when he got rolling.

However, if things don't turn around quickly when Nugent-Hopkins and Gagner come back then it's probably time to start shipping out some of the young guys to shake things up.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Oilers need to get Hall away from center (who has been almost the worst player on the team through 2 games), and see what they have. Yakupov is far from the problem with the team. He was simply dominant near the end of last season when he got rolling.

However, if things don't turn around quickly when Nugent-Hopkins and Gagner come back then it's probably time to start shipping out some of the young guys to shake things up.
    Agreed!
    The game last night was painful....Hall a minus 4! Ouch. Its early and Im not jumping to any conclusions just yet but perhaps Hall should be shifted back to the wing.
    The first two weeks of the season are nothing to get to worried about...I tell myself that on repeat with fingers crossed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hall- Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle are on a line for Game 3 it looks like.

Administrator

Nuge coming back so early could have some serious negative repercussions if he isn't fully healthy. PLEASE don't let his shoulder injuries become a perennial problem.

That said, they absolutely need the help.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nuge coming back so early could have some serious negative repercussions if he isn't fully healthy. PLEASE don't let his shoulder injuries become a perennial problem.

That said, they absolutely need the help.
    Historically speaking do shoulder injuries cause guys long term grief? Doesn't seem like the type of injury that would do that, but I really don't know.

I don't think it's going to matter After watching the Oilers be THAT bad again last night, I have little hope that this team is destined for anything but garbage yet again.

But I'll be watching, like I always am.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Historically speaking do shoulder injuries cause guys long term grief? Doesn't seem like the type of injury that would do that, but I really don't know.

I don't think it's going to matter After watching the Oilers be THAT bad again last night, I have little hope that this team is destined for anything but garbage yet again.

But I'll be watching, like I always am.
    I don't know, I'm sure there are examples going both ways. All I know is Nuge has had shoulder woes since coming into the league.