Page 85 of 370 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    My guess is that he won't play much. They'll slot him in for certain games when they need to make a point or have that extra protection, but I think he'll be a scratch player most of the time.
    The only point I see them making is that McIntyre us great for goals against.

Dobber Sports Pro

What they need IMO, is someone in a Clarkson, Clowe, Lucic type mould that can play in the top 3 lines.

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph 1h
    Kassian on #oilers picking up MacIntyre as a deterrent, "Perfect. I don't think he can skate, that's the last thing on our mind."
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 20m #Oilers have placed forward Linus Omark on waivers today for the purpose of assignment to the AHL's @OKCBarons.

Ouch. Injuries to Nuge and Gagner still couldn't keep him in the NHL to start the season.

Can he be claimed by any team now?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 20m #Oilers have placed forward Linus Omark on waivers today for the purpose of assignment to the AHL's @OKCBarons.

Ouch. Injuries to Nuge and Gagner still couldn't keep him in the NHL to start the season.

Can he be claimed by any team now?
    Thats a big rodger dodger! He's fair game for the pickin's or he goes to the AHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Showed nothing all preseason. Don't see him ever being an NHL player.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Showed nothing all preseason. Don't see him ever being an NHL player.
    That's what I've been saying about the guy since he left for Europe!

I'm excited for this season, sure we're missing our top two centers, but it seems like a large part of the supporting cast has been overturned. That's what stunk most last season, Hall and Ebs were doing all that they could but none of the other lines were carrying their weight. At least Mac T has recognized that and has made moves change things up on our other lines. I know by "bold moves" people were expecting some big names, but if you think about it we already have our top lines, they just needed help.

So we're sitting at something along these lines to start the season?

Yak-Hall-Hemsky
    Perron-Arcobello-Eberle
    Smyth-Gordon-Jonesuu
    Hamilton-Acton-Brown/Eager

Schultz-Belov
    Schultz-Grebeshkov
    Petry-Smid

Dubnyk-Labarbera
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    That's what I've been saying about the guy since he left for Europe!

I'm excited for this season, sure we're missing our top two centers, but it seems like a large part of the supporting cast has been overturned. That's what stunk most last season, Hall and Ebs were doing all that they could but none of the other lines were carrying their weight. At least Mac T has recognized that and has made moves change things up on our other lines. I know by "bold moves" people were expecting some big names, but if you think about it we already have our top lines, they just needed help.

So we're sitting at something along these lines to start the season?

Yak-Hall-Hemsky
    Perron-Arcobello-Eberle
    Smyth-Gordon-Jonesuu
    Hamilton-Acton-Brown/Eager

Schultz-Belov
    Schultz-Grebeshkov
    Petry-Smid

Dubnyk-Labarbera
    You are forgetting the meat-head they just plucked off waivers yesterday, MacIntyre.

You also don't have Andrew Ference in there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You are forgetting the meat-head they just plucked off waivers yesterday, MacIntyre.

You also don't have Andrew Ference in there.
    I knew I was forgetting someone important, Ference! Forgot Larsen too, seems like he will stick until some people come off of IR. Is there one more round of cuts then? We have 8 d-men still with the team.

I don't expect MacIntyre to play too many games.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Oilers played really watered down teams in the preseason and so I think there is some undue optimism for what this team will be capable of without their top 2 centers.

The first month, with tons of it on the road, is going to be real key for the team. Pretty concerned that they will lose too much ground early on to really make a run this year.

I'll be watching though, like I do every year. Here's to hoping for the best.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just wondering if you guys had any insights on potential line combos to start the season (based on what we've seen in preseason and last season). I have two drafts on Monday and I'm trying to determine where Hall, Eberle and Yaks should be ranked, and how RNH and Gagner's injuries will affect their value.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Smyth - Hall - Hemsky
    Perron - Arcobello - Eberle
    Joensuu - Gordon - Yakupov
    Junk - Crap - Garbage

The Oilers are going to be in tough to do much to the start the year. Smyth is a bit of an anchor on the top line long term, but Hall and Hemksy will drag him along alright for a while, until the old man starts to really break down 15 games in.

Arcobello is not even an NHL player so seeing him in the 2nd line spot between Perron and Eberle is painful.

Yakupov has been slotted with third line players in every single preseason game, so unless there is a planned sudden change upcoming then he will stay there.

Banned

Haven't been following closely, is Hall for sure a C to start and he will be taking faceoffs?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Smyth - Hall - Hemsky
    Perron - Arcobello - Eberle
    Joensuu - Gordon - Yakupov
    Junk - Crap - Garbage

The Oilers are going to be in tough to do much to the start the year. Smyth is a bit of an anchor on the top line long term, but Hall and Hemksy will drag him along alright for a while, until the old man starts to really break down 15 games in.

Arcobello is not even an NHL player so seeing him in the 2nd line spot between Perron and Eberle is painful.

Yakupov has been slotted with third line players in every single preseason game, so unless there is a planned sudden change upcoming then he will stay there.
    This is exactly what I was afraid of - the talent spread thin as a result of RNH and Gagner out for probably at least a month. I'm thinking I pass on Eberle and Yaks as well unless they slide till the later rounds. I really wanted to draft Yaks this year but if he's going to be stuck swimming in shit on the third line then I don't see big things happening.

Hall had a breakout season, but it still isn't a full season in my books - although I watched him in an interview recently and was encouraged by how he commented on trying to play a safer game. Having said that I'm going to wait it out another year before I elevate Hall to the upper tier of my rankings - I'm 100% positive he will be drafted higher than he should be in most pools this year.

The only Oiler I'll be targeting is Schultz this year although I think he'll probably go higher than he should too, but he carries less risk than the others.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Haven't been following closely, is Hall for sure a C to start and he will be taking faceoffs?
    It's certainly looking that way. He's been playing center most of the preseason and taking the draws. He actually hasn't looked back in the dot. Could he really look worse then anyone else the past few years?

Dobber Sports Guru

Hall may play C but he's not going to wear C in his jersey as Andrew Ference has been named Oilers' captain.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-