Page 79 of 370 FirstFirst ... 29 69 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

one thing MacTavish could do is not be a ***** and actually trade some players of value for other players of value (without no movement clauses)

if players like Seguin, Yandle, E. Kane, and Skinner are available, those players don't have NMC and they could be good for the Oilers (well, maybe not Skinner, but the other three would be awesome, imo)

We need some grit...offer RNH or Eberle for Kane. We need a big-time center...offer Gagner and our first round pick for Seguin.

Maybe I'm naive and the Jets and Bruins aren't interested in deals like that, but somehow I suspect the Oilers (like most teams) are trying to get something for nothing.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

6ou guys should offer sheet Rask!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    one thing MacTavish could do is not be a ***** and actually trade some players of value for other players of value (without no movement clauses)

if players like Seguin, Yandle, E. Kane, and Skinner are available, those players don't have NMC and they could be good for the Oilers (well, maybe not Skinner, but the other three would be awesome, imo)

We need some grit...offer RNH or Eberle for Kane. We need a big-time center...offer Gagner and our first round pick for Seguin.

Maybe I'm naive and the Jets and Bruins aren't interested in deals like that, but somehow I suspect the Oilers (like most teams) are trying to get something for nothing.

I actually agree with you. When MacT sat at that mic and said he was impatient as was going to make some "bold moves" this is what I expected. I was expecting some sort of ballsy deal like sending out Eberle or Yakupov for a stud centre or a top 4 Dman. Maybe this will still happen. Do I want to see these guys moved out, of course not, but you are going to have to give something to get something.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

An interesting read on Darnell Nurse.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/7/3/...nurse-stack-up

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Heard that Philly asked for 3 2nd round picks plus an unnamed player for Coburn.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Heard that Philly asked for 3 2nd round picks plus an unnamed player for Coburn.
    I hope MacT bends Holmgren over, whenever they get around to finalizing this deal. My best friend from university is a Flyers fan so nothing would make me happier.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Meh, its all rumors. I got so sick on Sunday of reading rumors on twitter that it was just silly stupid. I dont know how many times people were tweeting "MacT and Holmgren engaged in long conversation" or "Holmgren just went back over to talk to MacT". Brutal.

The Great One

Coburn to Edmonton doesn't make a lot of sense to me, for a number of reasons. First, I know Philly is over the cap, but even with Streit, I think their defense is horrible and they need Coburn almost as much as the Oilers do. Hence, I can understand why they are asking for a lot.

As for the Oilers, as much as Coburn might be a decent fit, I'd rather they explore the possibility of acquiring other dmen. I already mentioned Yandle. I've heard Gardiner's name being mentioned. Is Wiercioch available? I know Coburn has more experience than Gardiner and Wiercioch, but I've never been a big fan of his. He doesn't skate all that well and for a guy of his size, he isn't overly physical. Gardiner can skate himself out of trouble and Wiercioch has a lot of untapped potential (though I'm sure Ottawa knows that also).

Solving our defense is definitely more difficult, imo, because (let's be honest) we don't know what the going rate is for dmen and it is extremely hard to tell how much chemistry someone like Wiercioch or Gardiner would have with our existing defensive corps. For example, when Ottawa acquired Methot, I had no idea he'd mesh so well with Karlsson. I'd be thrilled if we can find a solid d-partner like that for Schultz.

Still, I just want to see the Oilers to do something. As much as everyone likes to make fun of the Flyers, at least they don't sit around and do nothing. I don't want the Oilers to go nuts, but make some bloody moves already!
    Last edited by SeaDawg; July 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ninja

They should go after Jeff Schultz because you can never have enough defensemen named Schultz! When on road trips they could all room together and pretend they are brothers, just like the Hanson brothers from Slapshot. That and it would give play-by-play announcers league wide fits.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

**** you, MacTavish. You just missed another opportunity to land an impact player in either Seguin or Eriksson.

I love this hockey trade and wish the Oilers would make a deal like that. To land a player like Eriksson or Seguin, you gotta give something up. I hope you learn from this MacT.

Now go out and grab Evander Kane already!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Stud

I hope MacT claims Grabovski. Then he can trade Gagner and/or Hemsky.

I don't think our D-core is in as dire straights as you guys make it out to be. Schultz x 2 is a solid pair. We'll have Nurse and Klefbom with us within 2 years if not next. Petry, Smid, and whomever.. shouldn't be so bad. I can see our D situation turning around pretty quickly from within the organization.

What we DO NEED BADLY are much better 3rd and 4th line players. Horcoff is a great 3rd line C.. Mike Brown was freaking awesome on the 4th.. Pajaarvi will be somewhere in between 2 and 3.. so still leaves 3 more wingers and one more center on the bottom lines that we badly need some real quality players for.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Deity

I wonder if Craig MacTavish was paying attention to the big deal today. Rookie GM Jim Nill not afraid to move quality for quality to fit his teams needs.

You see that MacT?? Thats how you become a qualified GM in the NHL!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm sure he's been talked about plenty in this thread, I'll read back at some point. But what are some thoughts on RNH? The surgery should fix him up, after two years is he still looked at as a future #1, 90 point center?

Any info on him would be appreciated, looking to grab him in a deal for Malkin.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Horc gone, anti-climatic.

He must feel like they couldn't wait to push him out the door. Good trade for both sides, bring on Grabo.

Who is this Boyd Gordon cat? Never heard of him.

Like the Blum, Ference and Larsen moves
    @SmittysRant