Page 78 of 370 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree that even though Gagner had a great season, he might not fit the mould of what we need for a 2nd line center.

That being said, I wouldn't trade him for Clutterbuck. Sure, we need grit, but if we're giving up a legit top 6er, I'd rather at least get someone back with a little more upside than Clutterbuck. Also, I'm pretty sure Clutterbuck never plays center, always wing, so he wouldn't help us in the faceoff circle anyways.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ninja

So any guesses as to specifics? I'd wager the Oilers are going to see a pretty sizeables moves(s) within 48 hours here.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm just hoping they dont bring in Bryz but I figure as soon as I breathe it, it is already in the works. I would much rather see them go after Emery and continue to grow Dubnyk as their long term goalie. I don't see Bryz taking a job on the bench watching and bringing him in doesn't help Dubby's growth at all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Word is Peverley is available from Boston.

I know he doesn't add a ton of size/toughness, but could the Oilers use a jack-of-all-trades kinda guy like him for our top 9 and special teams? Even though he sometimes slides over to the wing, he has been very good on the draw in his NHL career (51-58%).
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like the idea of trying to get guys like Peverley and Clutterbuck.

Not sure why, just a gut feeling, but would like to see Gagner dealt.

We definitely need to improve in goal.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Word is Peverley is available from Boston.

I know he doesn't add a ton of size/toughness, but could the Oilers use a jack-of-all-trades kinda guy like him for our top 9 and special teams? Even though he sometimes slides over to the wing, he has been very good on the draw in his NHL career (51-58%).
    I'd be interested but not overly. Was he hurt this year? Seems like in the past he'd been a very important part of the Bruins' playoff runs but seemed somewhat exiled to the fourth line this spring. If he was hurt and he can bounce back to his previous level I'd have some interest.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Paajarvi for Braydon Colburn?

Apparently thats the rumor that floating around and what the Oilers are offering up. Flyers looking for more.
    Last edited by Axeman33; June 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Paajarvi for Braydon Colburn?

Apparently thats the rumor that floating around and what the Oilers are offering up. Flyers looking for more.
    More? MORE?!?!?

JK. Defensemen are at a premium so I get why they'd want more but cap space is at a premium too. Would love to see Coburn on the Oilers though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I doubt it takes Paajarvi. With the cap situation a couple second round picks is probably more realistic.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    More? MORE?!?!?

JK. Defensemen are at a premium so I get why they'd want more but cap space is at a premium too. Would love to see Coburn on the Oilers though.
    Coburn would be a solid fit for the Oilers. Tons of rumors flying on twitter about this whole deal.

Paajarvi +7th for Coburn +11th
    Paajarvi + 2 - 2nd round picks for Coburn +11th
    2 - 2nd rnd picks for Coburn

Man, I swear the Oilers are in on every rumor floating around out there. Its almost hard to keep up with.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Coburn would be a solid fit for the Oilers. Tons of rumors flying on twitter about this whole deal.

Paajarvi +7th for Coburn +11th
    Paajarvi + 2 - 2nd round picks for Coburn +11th
    2 - 2nd rnd picks for Coburn

Man, I swear the Oilers are in on every rumor floating around out there. Its almost hard to keep up with.
    Well when MacT does everything short of bringing a can full of gas and matches to his introduction press conference you can be damn sure there will be hype.

Dobber Sports Deity

Man what a boring draft for the Oilers.

I dont love the Nurse pick but I dont hate it either. I am wondering if Nichushkin would have been the right pick there. Certainly more in line with their needs as he offers size and skill up front. The Oilers have a ton of skill up front already but not much in the way of size. I think MacT traded down at the wrong time. The 1st rnd would have been the time to trade down a couple spots and fill their REAL need and that is down the middle. Trading down in the 2nd round when there was still some quality pieces to fill holes (Jarry? Zykov?) didnt make much sense to me.

I'm not going to lie, I know nothing about Yakimov (another Yak) that they drafted in the 3rd round but hes finally something needed (a big body down the middle. 6'5"?) . That being said, he is Russian so that always is a place for concern.

The Slepyshev pick was a good one, if they can get him over here. I'm sure a guy with his skill wasn't passed over all last year, and dropped to the 3rd round this year for no reason at all.

To me this draft wasn't about what MacT did, but more about what he didnt do. I am still waiting to see this "Man of Action" they hired. I am still wondering if this is really just Steve Tambellini wearing a Craig MacTavish mask because I am seeing similar qualities. Instead of using assets at the draft to make deals and improve their current roster, we watched deals happen all around. Sure, there were Oiler rumors everywhere. You would swear they had their hands on every possible deal that was going on around them but it was the same ole same ole.

So now we wait for the next phase of silly season. Time to over-pay (not sure if I am using this hyphen correct here Dakkster or not) for Free Agents to try and improve our situation. Fabulous!

I dont know what tricks this Man of Action has up his sleeve but he best have an ace up there somewhere. I still think Kevin Lowe is calling all the shots and to me thats part of the problem with the Oilers. We are seeing the same things going on around Oilerville and the one constant there is Lowe.

Thats my rant for this morning. A very discouraging draft day for the Oilers and a very discouraged Oilers fan here this morning.

Hell, even Calgary can say they got a key future piece in Monahan.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thought that they did alright at the draft. Some interesting picks.

I think we saw MacT get a dose of reality when it comes to being an NHL GM. It takes more than a couple draft picks and a phone call to make a deal happen.

Guess we wait now and hope the team improves. Not holding my breath.

The Great One

Generally speaking, I think MacT and a lot of GMs are doing a lot of talking, but everyone is either chicken-shit to make a deal or wants something for nothing.

If the Schneider deal is any indication of what NHL GMs are willing to give up for quality NHL players, then I don't think the Oilers are willing to give up much to land someone like Coburn (still not sure what I think about him as an Oiler).

There are lots of big names being talked about: Skinner, Seguin, Yandle, E. Kane, Miller, Letang (previously), Luongo (previously), but from the sounds of it, no one is willing to give up fair market value for these players, so I doubt many (if any) of them are moved, despite MacTavish's desire to improve his team with trades.

I think the best we can hope for is that MacTavish overpays to land a UFA like Horton or Clarkson, which honestly concerns me quite a bit because I'm not a big fan of either player.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have come to terms with the fact that the Oilers are the bottom of the barrel in terms of where players want to sign or be traded to. Also, players won't take hometown discounts for a crappy hockey club with freezing cold weather.

I'm at a loss for what the team can actually do to improve at this point beyond drafting stupidly well (history is not kind to the Oilers in this regards) and making some extremely smart trades for players who don't have No-Movements in place so they can't say no.

MacTavish is a smart guy but he can't get water out of stones. Best of luck to him. I'll sit back and hope things change, but I'm not holding my breath, and I won't be jumping to pick up any more tickets to games etc until the team is at least semi-competitive.