Page 77 of 370 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Welp... at least I was right that they'd need 55 points to make the playoffs - it's just a damned shame they didn't come close.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Has MacT tipped his hand on whether or not he'll be using a compliance buyout on Shawn Horcoff this summer?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Has MacT tipped his hand on whether or not he'll be using a compliance buyout on Shawn Horcoff this summer?
    I dont know if I'd say he's tipped his hat but he does discuss it in this interview here:

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/5/24...ticket-holders

The last question proposed to him talks about Horcoff.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Kind of doubt it unless they make big moves in the offseason that put them close to the cap (doubtful). If they don't have to they won't as he is still a pretty good 3rd liner for them (just overpaid, obviously).
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ninja

Should be an interesting next week for the Oilers. Al sorts of speculation (from some interesting sources) about potential trades being announced right after the Final is over.

I imagine some good toolbox players and maybe some younger guys on the cusp of breaking out (particularly at center) should be coming back.

I don't expect anything any longer from the team, but I'll always hope and cheer I suppose.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Should be an interesting next week for the Oilers. Al sorts of speculation (from some interesting sources) about potential trades being announced right after the Final is over.

I imagine some good toolbox players and maybe some younger guys on the cusp of breaking out (particularly at center) should be coming back.

I don't expect anything any longer from the team, but I'll always hope and cheer I suppose.
    I am really curious to see how Edmonton plays the draft in the upcoming week. Trade the pick early, move down in the draft, keep the pick and go with Nurse?

Next season should be really entertaining with the new division setup adding additional element of excitment.
    Hockey
    12 Team Yahoo H2H standard scoring 1 year
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G
    G,A, PPP, SHP, Shots, +/-, W, L, Shutout

To be drafted.

Football
    10 team league. Standard Yahoo scoring. (Non PPR)
    Start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1K, 1DEF, 1 defensive player

QBs: Wilson, Manning
    WR:V. Jackson, Patterson, Benjamin, Cooks
    RB: J. Charles, A. Morris, D. Martin, K. Davis, K. Robinson
    TE: Gronkowski, Cameron
    K: Novak
    DEF: Steelers
    IDP:Worrilow

Dobber Sports Deity

As fun as the Stanley Cup Finals have been to watch, I am looking forward to them ending so the silly season can finally get going.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

So the names being kicked around are things like Tootoo, Clutterbuck, Zack Smith etc

If these are the types of players that the Oilers are targetting then it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I hate most of these guys and really don't want them to wear an Oiler jersey, but maybe total asswipes are what it takes to win these days.

The Great One

So the names being kicked around are things like Tootoo, Clutterbuck, Zack Smith etc

If these are the types of players that the Oilers are targetting then it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I hate most of these guys and really don't want them to wear an Oiler jersey, but maybe total asswipes are what it takes to win these days.
    A bit of grit would be good for this lineup...I don't much care for Tootoo or Clutterbuck, but I think Smith would be a great addition. As I said in another thread, Smith would immediately be the best faceoff man on the Oilers. He can hit, skate, and stickhandle and he can be good for 15 goals and 15 assists. He is the prototypical 3rd line centre, but might even end up being the Oilers' 2nd line centre (at least in the short-term) if Gagner is traded.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have grave concerns for the future of the team if it's in a position where a 26 point checking center is playing on the second line.

Now, that being said, I just watched Bryan Bickell line up with Kane and Toews and win a Stanley Cup, so I think at this point it might be best for me to just sit back, let what happens happen on the roster, and hope for a better team next year.

The Great One

I have grave concerns for the future of the team if it's in a position where a 26 point checking center is playing on the second line.

Now, that being said, I just watched Bryan Bickell line up with Kane and Toews and win a Stanley Cup, so I think at this point it might be best for me to just sit back, let what happens happen on the roster, and hope for a better team next year.
    I agree that on most teams you don't want someone like Smith being a 2nd line centre, but with the wingers on this team (small, soft, highly skilled), someone like Smith is what we need (ideally with higher-end skills, but you can't be too picky). Smith will free up space for the wingers and, most importantly, he has the hands and skating to keep up with them. Also, it would be nice to have someone in the lineup who can actually win some faceoffs for a change.

Ideally, I do see him as a 3rd line centre, but in all honesty I like him more than Gagner and Horcoff, so unless the team acquires or drafts a better centre option, Smith would be the #2 guy in my books.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

I couldn't agree more.

If we end up with Zack Smith as the Second line centre, we are in some serious doo-doo.

This is the exact reason the Oilers need to draft a young centre like Lindholm or Monahan if they are still there at #7 this year and not another D prospect.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

If we end up with Zack Smith as the Second line centre, we are in some serious doo-doo.

This is the exact reason the Oilers need to draft a young centre like Lindholm or Monahan if they are still there at #7 this year and not another D prospect.
    long-term, Lindholm or Monahan would definitely be the answer.

It may not matter anyway because apparently Gagner will be signing a long-term extension anytime now. Looks like even if Smith is acquired, Gagner will be the #2 center.

I really wish we'd get a bigger, stronger center who is better at faceoffs to play on the 2nd line. Oh well.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|EDM|home

MacT talking draft, Gagner and trade options today.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think the Oiler's should take a page out of the Hawk's books....I've maintained for a while that with the current make-up of this team's current forward group, the Oilers need one bigger/physical Bickell type on both of its top lines. Puck possession and toughness has been our achilles heel for what seems like forverer now. It's a lot of fun to watch the finesse and skill of Hall-Nuge-Eberle and Gagne-Yakupov-Hemsky when they have the puck, but when they lose it they don't have the size, toughness and compete level (with the exception of Hall) to consistently win battles and get it back. As soon as games get rough, they get pushed around, and often become non-factors. Their record is terible against big, physical opponents for this reason. Having a player with size,toughness, and some hands on those lines would free up a lot of space for the kids and will complement and help protect our skilled young players.

Lots of talk locally that Gagner is on the verge of signing a 4 year deal in the $18-20 million range. I'm frustrated by that news as though I like Gagner as a player and person, he is just what we don't need: another under-sized center that can't win faceoffs and is weak in his own end. Mac-T should be doing what most fantasy GM's would: sell high on Gagner by trading his rights or a sign-and-trade scenario. I would be shopping him to anyone that would listen inreturn for either some help on D, or for a grit type player like the ones mentioned (Tootoo, Clutterbuck, etc).

I too hate all of the players mentioned, but one of the big problems with the Oilers is the severe lack of players that are hated by other teams and/or hard to play against. Personally, I love the Clutterbuck idea as he's the kind of 3 line C that we badly need....he'll hit anything that moves, score 15-20 goals, kill penalties. He would be a major upgrade over that waste-of-a-jersey Belanger.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon