Page 69 of 370 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oilers acquire Mike Brown from Toronto for a 4th round pick.

I don't know much about him - not sure why they would make this move when they had hordichuk. Is he an upgrade?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like players like Brown and Eager. They are not very offensively talented, but bring skating ability, hitting and energy to the bottom six. Winning teams need players like this to be successful, just not too many of them! (oh, and Edmonton isn't really a winning team this year...please, please, please snag a top 3 draft pick this year...).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I like players like Brown and Eager. They are not very offensively talented, but bring skating ability, hitting and energy to the bottom six. Winning teams need players like this to be successful, just not too many of them! (oh, and Edmonton isn't really a winning team this year...please, please, please snag a top 3 draft pick this year...).
    Just a centerman away from the all speedy-goon line!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

please, please, please snag a top 3 draft pick this year...
    really, please let the rest of the league have a shot at these kids. EDM has an embarassment of riches...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    really, please let the rest of the league have a shot at these kids. EDM has an embarassment of riches...
    Oh they are an embarrassment alright...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Oh they are an embarrassment alright...
    It's all on the back end right now. The D can't feed the offense like they need to. The Oilers need puck moving D men to outlet to the talent up front, otherwise, the forwards have to come back and play defence, not their strong suit.

Not necessarily point producers, but guys who can MOVE the puck quickly and effectively to the forwards.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In regards to the young guys though, are any of them difference makers? You look at the Ovechkins, Crosbys, Stamkos, and when they were drafted, within two years they were bonified superstars. I'm looking at Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak, Gagner, they are all nice players, but are they or will they ever be superstars? Will they be the leaders? Or nice complementary players. I am starting to think the latter... especially Hall, who arguably has the highest to live up to. I like what Cox wrote today - is Hall the next Wendel Clark (high talent, injury prone)?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by wopap View Post
    In regards to the young guys though, are any of them difference makers? You look at the Ovechkins, Crosbys, Stamkos, and when they were drafted, within two years they were bonified superstars. I'm looking at Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak, Gagner, they are all nice players, but are they or will they ever be superstars? Will they be the leaders? Or nice complementary players. I am starting to think the latter... especially Hall, who arguably has the highest to live up to. I like what Cox wrote today - is Hall the next Wendel Clark (high talent, injury prone)?
    Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos are in a class of their own. Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Yakupov are definitely not in the same category.

Where would you put players like Tavares, P. Kane, or (to go back a bit further) E. Staal? These players didn't put up numbers like Crosby or Ovechkin right away, but they turned into difference-makers.

My point is that I think Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and RNH can be difference-makers too, in time, if they are given the proper support and environment to succeed.

As an Oiler fan, there is major reason to hope, but I really don't like many of the decisions management have made. It isn't too late to correct things, but the longer the team struggles and loses, the more I worry about the effects on the young teams' mental maturity.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos are in a class of their own. Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Yakupov are definitely not in the same category.

Where would you put players like Tavares, P. Kane, or (to go back a bit further) E. Staal? These players didn't put up numbers like Crosby or Ovechkin right away, but they turned into difference-makers.

My point is that I think Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and RNH can be difference-makers too, in time, if they are given the proper support and environment to succeed.

As an Oiler fan, there is major reason to hope, but I really don't like many of the decisions management have made. It isn't too late to correct things, but the longer the team struggles and loses, the more I worry about the effects on the young teams' mental maturity.
    not an Oilers fan but i do llike to watch them play, and TBH i think that if they would have had a decent training camp and a full off-season with the core group (which i guess most of them kinda did in the AHL) they would be a more solidified group coming into the season. JSchultz looks like the guy to move the plays forward, and maybe a L2 defenseman with the same ability would help, but thats every teams dream scenario (See Ottawa: EKarlsson)

with regards to where these guys fit in, i like the Pkane, JT comparos..very fitting i'd say.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to Petry for waking up!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to Petry for waking up!
    Turns out all he needed to do was fight a midget.

Dobber Sports Expert

on a side note and I know this is old news, but I find it really cool that Petry is Dan Petry
    s son! I grew up in the Detroit area, watching the Tigers, it I think it is really fun to watch his son play hockey... cool stuff.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So in an ideal world, what is Petry's upside in terms of points, PIM, hits and blocks?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It is so, so, soooo hard to be an oiler fan
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    So in an ideal world, what is Petry's upside in terms of points, PIM, hits and blocks?
    One hundred, across the board. In a realistic world where lots of things go right I'd say 45 points with marginal PIM but pretty solid Blocks and Hits. He does quite a bit more of the latter two than you might expect.

The points will really only likely come under a few circumstances:

1) He takes a significant step forward.
    2) Schultz and Potter get hurt so Petry has to be on the top PP.
    3) The Oilers improve their depth forwards to the point where every line is a threat.