Page 67 of 370 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Petry this year after the way he finished last year is a major disappointment. And I'm so damn tired of this OT bullshit.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Petry this year after the way he finished last year is a major disappointment. And I'm so damn tired of this OT bullshit.
    Man I couldnt agree more with both of your points. I really thought Petry would grow into a solid 2 way Dman. He is playing some great D but the offense has been a major disappointment so far from him.

I am hating the OT BS myself, but on the bright side, at least they are still collecting points.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Man I couldnt agree more with both of your points. I really thought Petry would grow into a solid 2 way Dman. He is playing some great D but the offense has been a major disappointment so far from him.

I am hating the OT BS myself, but on the bright side, at least they are still collecting points.
    Still collecting points but at the same time giving away free points. People are speculating teams will need ~53 points to make playoffs this year. We have 30 games left and therefore would need at least 35 points over that span. At least. So that's what, 16-11-3 over that span (or 10-0-20 haha), or some comparable? Not impossible, but we've been 3-4-3 over our past ten. Equate that over 30 remaining games and that's 9-12-9 which just doesn't cut it.

Administrator

Petry is the epitome of mediocre.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Still collecting points but at the same time giving away free points. People are speculating teams will need ~53 points to make playoffs this year. We have 30 games left and therefore would need at least 35 points over that span. At least. So that's what, 16-11-3 over that span (or 10-0-20 haha), or some comparable? Not impossible, but we've been 3-4-3 over our past ten. Equate that over 30 remaining games and that's 9-12-9 which just doesn't cut it.
    Not to mention the fact that they are heading out on a long term road trip thanks to the Brier. This trip will pretty much make or break them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Not to mention the fact that they are heading out on a long term road trip thanks to the Brier. This trip will pretty much make or break them.
    You mean definitely break them right?

We'll pretty much know if they have any shot whatsoever by next week. They play 3 games by Sunday and 4 by Monday so unless they win the majority I think it's safe to rule them out unless they go on a crazy hot streak.

Administrator

We'll pretty much know if they have any shot whatsoever by next week. They play 3 games by Sunday and 4 by Monday so unless they win the majority I think it's safe to rule them out unless they go on a crazy hot streak.
    So it's definitely safe to rule them out.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    So it's definitely safe to rule them out.
    Yep. Getting pretty tired of Krueger too. Playing Potter over Fistric consistently, Yak on the 3rd line, etc.

Administrator

Yep. Getting pretty tired of Krueger too. Playing Potter over Fistric consistently, Yak on the 3rd line, etc.
    I don't understand why Potter is up with the big club. They landed Schultz therefore Potter is completely redundant and useless. I wouldn't necessarily play Fistric every night but there's got to be a better option than Potter whose only purpose was being a righty-shot on the power play, a position he no longer gets to play. Just senseless.

I don't understand why Potter is up with the big club. They landed Schultz therefore Potter is completely redundant and useless. I wouldn't necessarily play Fistric every night but there's got to be a better option than Potter whose only purpose was being a righty-shot on the power play, a position he no longer gets to play. Just senseless.
    Yep. Can't say I understand a lot of the things management/coaching does.

Administrator

Yep. Can't say I understand a lot of the things management/coaching does.
    I don't get how with all the talent on this team the shit goalies have somehow been the best players.

I don't get how with all the talent on this team the shit goalies have somehow been the best players.
    Gagner has been by far our best player IMO but yea, the goalies have kept us in almost every game we've won.

I don't understand how a team with Hall, Gagner, Hemsky, RNH, Yakupov can't score on 5v5. I know it's early but you sort of have to point to the coach for that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Gagner has been by far our best player IMO but yea, the goalies have kept us in almost every game we've won.

I don't understand how a team with Hall, Gagner, Hemsky, RNH, Yakupov can't score on 5v5. I know it's early but you sort of have to point to the coach for that.
    Ya I'm having a hard time with this... Even Eberle doesn't always seem like the Eberle I know. The coach has to take some blame for this. Too much talent not scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    Ya I'm having a hard time with this... Even Eberle doesn't always seem like the Eberle I know. The coach has to take some blame for this. Too much talent not scoring goals.
    Still putting up decent points but just not the same player as last year. I've heard some people say they developed bad playing habits etc. in the AHL but who knows. Hall has still been great but Nuge/Ebs not so much.