Page 66 of 370 FirstFirst ... 16 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 116 166 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's funny how a team can suck so bad despite having so much talent. Time for them to start evening out the team by trading some of their youth for experience, grittiness and to fill the holes on defense IMO.

It would be downright embarrassing for them to make a run at another #1 draft pick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's funny how a team can suck so bad despite having so much talent. Time for them to start evening out the team by trading some of their youth for experience, grittiness and to fill the holes on defense IMO.

It would be downright embarrassing for them to make a run at another #1 draft pick.
    I don't think it's funny. It was very predictable.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't think it's funny. It was very predictable.
    Oh don't get me wrong, it was very predictable. I always maintained that they would suck given the glaring holes on their roster, and it was hilarious how several on this forum were predicting a deep playoff run.

Doesn't mean it still can't be funny though. They've got the main pieces for a potential dynasty and yet they're so bad haha.

It'll be interesting to see if they can finish ahead of the Sens this season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, it was very predictable. I always maintained that they would suck given the glaring holes on their roster, and it was hilarious how several on this forum were predicting a deep playoff run.

Doesn't mean it still can't be funny though. They've got the main pieces for a potential dynasty and yet they're so bad haha.

It'll be interesting to see if they can finish ahead of the Sens this season.
    It would be sad if they don't.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Dyz

I just moved Hemsky for Derek Roy in my league. My reasoning was that Hemsky's value is probably at a high since he's playing w/ Yakupov and that hoping that would continue (or that Hemsky would remain healthy) would be dangerous.

I figure that Edmonton is going to have to make some kind of move to take the next step, and that Hemsky was the the one most likely to be moved.

Thoughts?
    Can't say I know Tambo's thoughts. He's the most expendable of our top 6F but he's a good player signed to a reasonable contract. Oiler fans have speculated he's been going to get moved for years and it hasn't happened so no idea.

Dobber Sports Pro

Growing pains, I am sure they will have a good season next year after they fill some holes.

Then I will have to suffer through all the BS from my buddies who are oiler fans.

Thanks for the stats Dys. I forwarded those on to a few oiler fans i know
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Administrator

Tambo seeking help from the best:

Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

From a fantasy aspect I was about to sh*t on Hall, Eberle, and Schultz, then I noticed Hall and Eberle are at a ppg clip and Schultz is at a .5 ppg (not bad for a rookie D). Perception vs reality.

Also had to chuckle, Eberle is STILL leading the AHL in scoring lol.
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

D-Carlson,Hedman,Pulock,Pionk,
    Klingberg,Addisson,Forsling,Korchinski

G-Hellebuyck,Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=3pts,T=1,SO=2,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Despite the loss last night, team actually played fairly well. Outshot and outchanced the Kings by a significant margin in the first. Quick made some pretty amazing saves in the first 20 minutes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Despite the loss last night, team actually played fairly well. Outshot and outchanced the Kings by a significant margin in the first. Quick made some pretty amazing saves in the first 20 minutes.
    I still can't believe I called that Jeff Carter GWG like five seconds before it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I still can't believe I called that Jeff Carter GWG like five seconds before it happened.
    You suck. . .

Went to the game yesterday.... yuck

Administrator

The Oilers are playing like a bunch of gobbled knobs.

Administrator

These dicks keep leaving points on the ****ing table. They've gone to OT eight times now, which is second in the League to Nashville's 10. They could certainly be worse than their 4-4 OT/Shootout record but it's getting freaking annoying to see them blow these close games when their goaltenders are absolutely standing on their heads.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why can't everyone on the Oilers play as hard as Ryan Jones and Ben Eager?

Watching Petry blow the coverage (he actually went BEHIND our net) on the GWG was painful. Of course Hossa is gonna score when you give him like 6 rebounds!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket