Page 62 of 370 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    How is Gagner a spare part? We don't have a 2nd line center ready to fill that role anywhere in the organization. Unless we sign say... Daymond Langkow to come fill it?
    I only meant that Gagner is the least valuable of Eberle, RNH, Hall, Yakupov in terms of offensive production, therefore the one I'd be least likely to miss if traded. Honestly, I love the kid, but I'm not sure he has big offensive upside, nor do I think with those 4 young guns ahead of him, the Oilers actually NEED Gagner in the longer term.

Horcoff could potentially fill-in on the second line, he has played with Hemsky in the past, but wouldn't it be a hoot if they put an offer sheet out for Ryan O'Reilly. The Avs already have Stastny and Duchene at C and might honestly prefer to reap a package of high draft picks from a potential lottery team like Edmonton! Roll the dice...come on lucky 7...

Still wouldn't address the defensive issues, but at least O'Reilly has a defensive conscience.

Dobber Sports Stud

If they offer sheet anyone, I'd rather they try Benn or Subban.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    If they offer sheet anyone, I'd rather they try Benn or Subban.
    Both Benn and Subban are way, way superior to O'Reilly, BUT their respective teams would match in a heartbeat. With O'Reilly, he's pegged as the third line C on the Avs and he's likely looking for 2nd line+ money. There is a much better chance of success going for him and he's a pretty sweet player. Not going to happen, but one can dream!

Banned

O'Reilly would centre Landeskog in Colorado

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    O'Reilly would centre Landeskog in Colorado
    Thanks Ev. Last season, O'Reilly and Landeskog played a lot together and Stastny played a good chunk of last season with Duchene. Just another delusional Oiler fan here...

Dobber Sports Monster

Fantasic ending in the Oilers / Kings game tonight!! Yakupov went all Theo Fleury on the goal celebration which was beautiful and Gagner ends it in OT!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I can feel the hate building against Yakupov with every game he plays. He'll feed off it. I love it!

Last edited by doulos; January 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM.

Administrator

Just need 45 more like that.

Gotta admit the team got lucky time and time again tonight but at least they played with passion as evidenced above.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Just need 45 more like that.

Gotta admit the team got lucky time and time again tonight but at least they played with passion as evidenced above.
    I thought they were just fine 5 on 5, and both teams couldn't finish off on the PP. Very strange in that regards. If they are going to play such a defensively suspect system though they need to learn to finish their chances.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I thought they were just fine 5 on 5, and both teams couldn't finish off on the PP. Very strange in that regards. If they are going to play such a defensively suspect system though they need to learn to finish their chances.
    Yeah, I'm just saying three posts, two on that first 5on3, easily could've been re-run of the San Jose game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Turned out to be an exciting game with all the last second dramatics, but the officiating was just weird tonight. It's like they were going through the rule book and saying, "Hey, we haven't called that in a while..." They weren't wrong or biased, but the officials were FAR too noticeable tonight. Good ending for Edmonton tonight, but they were lucky to come away with 2 pts.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I can feel the hate building against Yakupov with every game he plays. He'll feed off it. I love it!
    Not sure how I feel about the Ray Lewis-esque praying on the ground vibe.....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the Ray Lewis-esque praying on the ground vibe.....
    Meh, it makes for great theatre! Hockey is far too stuffy sometimes...let the kids celebrate exciting moments. Too many Buzz Killington's out there (yeah Don Cherry, I'm looking at you...and the Tampa Bay Lightning players as well - remember the uproar when Linus Omark got a little too fancy in the shootout?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdO66187Os

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Meh, it makes for great theatre! Hockey is far too stuffy sometimes...let the kids celebrate exciting moments. Too many Buzz Killington's out there (yeah Don Cherry, I'm looking at you...and the Tampa Bay Lightning players as well - remember the uproar when Linus Omark got a little too fancy in the shootout?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdO66187Os
    That still pisses me off. That move by Omark was so much fun and St. Louis is such a hypocrite for getting upset considering some of the shit he's pulled. Thanks for reminding me that I hate St. Louis.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i have been to A LOT of oilers game and this was probably the loudest!!

DOULIS PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I GET THE GIF I WANNA POST IT TO FACEBOOK I HAVE SO MANY HATERS! PLEASE HURRY!
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey