Page 61 of 370 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow so much Oil hate in this thread. All I hear is jealousy
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    Now I've seen some teams suck before, but those were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

The Oilers were probably been reading all the media hype around them while forgetting that they still have to go prove it. On the positive side, hopefully that performance was an early season wake up call that they still have a lot of work to do.
    Love the Simpson's reference!

Sadly, I watched the game at a bar beside a SJ fan. Brutally embarrassing performance by the Oilers. That first period was the worst effort I have ever seen. Absolutely NO defensive awareness by either the forwards or defence, lack of effort (not skating) and Dubnyk didn't bail them out by making any saves. Difficult to accept that they were even professional hockey players. Where's your pride boys? You should have to pay back the fans tickets for that game. At least you could have made an effort to play hard.

RNH was invisible. Yakupov looks like he's going to be a good one. At least I see his effort.

Let's hope that this is a one off and they can bring it from here on out.

Oh, I would love to see Luongo dealt to Edmonton. We have some spare forwards lying around (Gagner/Paajarvi + 2nd?) and having a quality goalie save your ass game in and game out would allow for some firewagon hockey while the young guys learn to play a little defence. I'm certain that Luongo wouldn't waive his NTC to come to Edmonton, but hey, you never know. Just sayin'.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yeah I think that was a big part of the problem. One of the worst Oiler periods in the last few years, but I'm not too worried yet.
    Yeah me neither. In a short season like this you need to have a short memory when things go bad. I liked Dubnyk's comments after the game, he's basically already moved on from it (even though I don't think he's really to blame - how many point blank shots from the slot did SJ have on him??).

They'll be in tough though against LA on Thursday who's off to an even worse start. These next couple games should be interesting.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Oh, I would love to see Luongo dealt to Edmonton. We have some spare forwards lying around (Gagner/Paajarvi + 2nd?) and having a quality goalie save your ass game in and game out would allow for some firewagon hockey while the young guys learn to play a little defence. I'm certain that Luongo wouldn't waive his NTC to come to Edmonton, but hey, you never know. Just sayin'.
    Who plays second line C if you move Gagner? I just don't see a deal there.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Who plays second line C if you move Gagner? I just don't see a deal there.
    I never really thought it through, just wanted a legit goalie in Edmonton! Surely, it can't be that hard to play C in the NHL (lol!)? Honestly, Horcoff would end up there, but as we all know, he's not the answer.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    By the way, the sooner announcers stop butchering Yakupov's name, the better. It's not YEAH-kuh-pov. It's Yah-KOO-pov. And it's Na-EEL, not something you use hammers on.

LOL! What does that have to do with anything and I dont see how the announcers NOT butchering his name (as you say) makes anything better.

What do you use hammers on? Nail
    How do you spell Yakupovs first name? Nail

I dont see the difference.

Everyones name gets butchered when they are playing in a foreign country for the most part. I am sure the name Doug Smith gets butchered in foreign countries. We just laugh at it. Why cant you?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    How is Gagner a spare part? We don't have a 2nd line center ready to fill that role anywhere in the organization. Unless we sign say... Daymond Langkow to come fill it? Wouldn't that be a hoot... a former flame and former canuck playing for the Oilers.

On another note, a bunch of the players are at the Arena council meeting this morning, even the councilors took the chance to scold em a little:
    Councilor: Any of the players can leave any time if they want to, I'm assuming you guys got out of practice to be here
    Councilor: Unless this is your punishment, don't ever let in six goals in a period ever again.
    Another councilor: I never thought of the front row as a penalty box

lol
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    By the way, the sooner announcers stop butchering Yakupov's name, the better. It's not YEAH-kuh-pov. It's Yah-KOO-pov. And it's Na-EEL, not something you use hammers on.
    I could be hearing things, but the way he says it, it sure sounds like something you use hammers on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svQpYJ7rUtM

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    I could be hearing things, but the way he says it, it sure sounds like something you use hammers on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svQpYJ7rUtM
    Check again at the 28 second mark. He says it's the way Dakkster said it is, but also doesn't care either way.

Administrator

It's definitely supposed to be pronounced Na-eel but as with most mispronunciations if you say it fast enough you can make it sound like both Na-eel and Nail.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

My family is friends with a couple who have a child with a pretty severe peanut allergy. This child attends the same Elementary School as we do. When the child arrived at the school they did not ask for any special considerations when their child showed up. The teacher of their child's specific class decided to make the classroom peanut free, but that was all and the matter was dropped.

Until.

Until a few soccer moms rolled up in their Escalades and decided to make the matter a massive issue. The fact that entire school was not now peanut free was an outrage and they were taking up the cause for the poor child who's rights were being trampled by the school who clearly doesn't care that this child is at risk. On and on they went, raising the flag of 'PEANUT FREE! PEANUT FREE!' while the actual family actually didn't care.

The moral of this story?

Dakkster would make an awesome PTA President.

Dobber Sports Guru

good article on the covergae breakdowns in the SJS v EDM game. Some of the positioning is just atrocious.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...aint-of-heart/

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    good article on the covergae breakdowns in the SJS v EDM game. Some of the positioning is just atrocious.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...aint-of-heart/
    They also attempted the flying V zone breakout in that game. On the plus side there's no where to go but up... Wait, haven't we been saying that for four years now?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, at least the thudding sound can't be very loud when you hit the bottom from such a small ways up.

Administrator

Well, at least the thudding sound can't be very loud when you hit the bottom from such a small ways up.
    Hey man, you can still break your neck falling off the last step.