Page 59 of 370 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Star

Went to the scrimmage today. Did anybody else see it? The boys looked good.

A couple of points:

The biggest ovation went to Darcy Hordichuk LOL.
    Mark Fistric way laying the body! He had a couple of great hits. LOL, dude, these are your teammates!!! :-)
    Nail Yakupov looked amazing. Blazing speed, he was ALWAYS first on the back check, blistering shot and OOZING confidence. Perhaps overconfident!

As an Oiler fan, we may struggle to make the playoffs, but it WILL be exciting hockey.
    Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Went to the scrimmage today. Did anybody else see it? The boys looked good.

A couple of points:

The biggest ovation went to Darcy Hordichuk LOL.
    Mark Fistric way laying the body! He had a couple of great hits. LOL, dude, these are your teammates!!! :-)
    Nail Yakupov looked amazing. Blazing speed, he was ALWAYS first on the back check, blistering shot and OOZING confidence. Perhaps overconfident!

As an Oiler fan, we may struggle to make the playoffs, but it WILL be exciting hockey.
    Rylant

As an Oiler fan living on the East Coast, I am severly jealous that you get to go to the practices, let alone to the games. Thanks for the updates.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Bought a minipack... nothing like supporting the lockout right? =/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Playoffs this year for sure. The Oilers are going to really surprise people with the pace of hockey they play. People who know me around here know I am negative about the team, but no longer. This is the year they make their turnaround with a postseason appearance and it's only getting better from there.

I can't wait for the whining from people to happen - I certainly did my fair share about the winning Canucks!!

Dobber Sports Deity

I was reading today on twitter that the Oilers are investigating the waiver process as it pertains to Wade Redden. Will this be Cam Barker 2.0?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I was reading today on twitter that the Oilers are investigating the waiver process as it pertains to Wade Redden. Will this be Cam Barker 2.0?
    Someone needs to explain this to me. If they claim him off waivers does that mean they are on the hook for his whole salary or with these buyouts is this the way they have to go about signing him to a reasonable deal because if it's the first option I'll just go ahead and start a bonfire with all my Oilers gear and then throw myself into the pile.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

No, for better or worse, Tambellini today mentioned that they are satisified with the current defensive group.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Someone needs to explain this to me. If they claim him off waivers does that mean they are on the hook for his whole salary or with these buyouts is this the way they have to go about signing him to a reasonable deal because if it's the first option I'll just go ahead and start a bonfire with all my Oilers gear and then throw myself into the pile.

I hear ya there bud.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is why I love youtube. Schultz and Yaks messing around at camp. This is about to be on yahoo and deadspin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcB9zY43lQQ

Forwards
    Voracek------------Carter----------Simmonds
    E.Kane-------------Bergeron--------Stone
    Panik-----------Kuznestzov------Wenneberg
    Defense
    Karlsson-----Josi
    Byfuglien-----Werenski
    Goalie
    Rask
    Bobrovsky
    Vasilevsky

stats (12-team, 1-year H2H)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT
    2x Champion
    1st Place (122-45-20)

Dobber Sports Ninja

A good clip to show for the Stanley Cup Final montage versus the Rangers this year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

We gotta stay healthy and Dubnyk needs to be consistent if we want to make playoffs. But I will say I'm more hopeful this year than in recent memory.

Got tickets for the following games:

Vs MIN Feb 21st
    Vs DET Mar 15th
    Vs VAN Mar 30th
    Vs ANA Apr 21st

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think people will be laughing at the thought of "only" making the playoffs by the end of the season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I think people will be laughing at the thought of "only" making the playoffs by the end of the season.
    Didn't TSN pick you guys to miss...?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Edmonton won't make the playoffs. I think they'll take a step forward, but definitely no playoffs.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Edmonton won't make the playoffs. I think they'll take a step forward, but definitely no playoffs.
    This season I'm not saying definite about anything. Remember the house of cards that was the Minnesota Wild at mid-season last year?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg