Page 57 of 370 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Star

Just landed Hemsky as a throw in, and am hoping it is a sneaky little move.

Assuming there is a season and given his play/health right now, is he in the top six?

IF he can stay healthy, where does he fit in and what can be expected?

I am REALLY hoping he is not lining up with Horcoff and Smyth on the third line.

Here's an article where Krueger says he sees Hemsky-Gagne-Yakupov on the PP together (very bottom of article), which presumably would be the second unit:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/0...-yakupovs-game
    Last edited by loco man; December 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Just landed Hemsky as a throw in, and am hoping it is a sneaky little move.

Assuming there is a season and given his play/health right now, is he in the top six?

IF he can stay healthy, where does he fit in and what can be expected?

I am REALLY hoping he is not lining up with Horcoff and Smyth on the third line.

Here's an article where Krueger says he sees Hemsky-Gagne-Yakupov on the PP together (very bottom of article), which presumably would be the second unit:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/0...-yakupovs-game
    He's never going to now receive power play time and offensive minutes because he's not good at anything else but whether or not he stays healthy enough to actually benefit from those minutes or play them at all is always a question mark. Your guess is as good as anyone's.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Regardless of Hemsky's injury past, I feel you did right by grabbing him. He is so far off everyone's radar right now......good move. He's too talented offensively not to benefit from the young guns he is now surrounded by. I think "huge sleeper" for Hemsky this year. You never know, if he plays well and they decide to spread the wealth, he may find himself on the top line, 2PP. Points will come. Even if he finds himself on the 3rd line with Smyth and Horcoff, he won't have to worry about playing against other teams top players which should open up the ice for him.
    This being all said, I feel eventually Hemsky will be traded away to bring in a missing piece to the puzzle....ie defense or goalie If not he's still good to have around on any team. I JUST WANT HOCKEY!!!!
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jake44 View Post
    Regardless of Hemsky's injury past, I feel you did right by grabbing him. He is so far off everyone's radar right now......good move. He's too talented offensively not to benefit from the young guns he is now surrounded by. I think "huge sleeper" for Hemsky this year. You never know, if he plays well and they decide to spread the wealth, he may find himself on the top line, 2PP. Points will come. Even if he finds himself on the 3rd line with Smyth and Horcoff, he won't have to worry about playing against other teams top players which should open up the ice for him.
    This being all said, I feel eventually Hemsky will be traded away to bring in a missing piece to the puzzle....ie defense or goalie If not he's still good to have around on any team. I JUST WANT HOCKEY!!!!
    Guess I will never know. Shipped him and Filppula for Parenteau and Franzen. Would have liked to see how he made out, but also kinda glad to ship the headache.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Guess I will never know. Shipped him and Filppula for Parenteau and Franzen. Would have liked to see how he made out, but also kinda glad to ship the headache.
    I see your point, but you inherited another injury headache in Franzen.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Superstar

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...41769071861760
    A sneak peek at the Oilers schedule...Unless some final tweaks this is what it looks like. http://t.co/MnK0itGT Five games v. Van and Minn.

Administrator

The lack of five games vs. the Flames is an absolute travesty. I know the rivalry is a shadow of what it once was but that's still a failure.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    The lack of five games vs. the Flames is an absolute travesty. I know the rivalry is a shadow of what it once was but that's still a failure.
    Great point. I really think that both old and new rivalries need to be hyped more than ever in a short season to engage the average fan. Probably not as necessary with Canadian markets, but it should be applicable league wide.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

From the Edmonton Journal

Taylor Hall, 46 games, 46 pts. He was flying like I’ve rarely seen him fly before in his final weeks in OKC. Ready to rumble. Like Eberle, he’s a scoring chance machine. He also seems to be playing more under control, which will help him stay healthy.

Jordan Eberle, 48 games, 46 pts. His OKC play has convinced me. He’s the real sniper deal.

Ryan Nugent Hopkins, 44 games, 40 pts. Top centre on team with plenty of brilliant sniping wingers, no slouch himself.

Justin Schultz 48 games, 32 pts. Another scoring chance machine. Jumps into the play smarlty, wicked shot, excellent passer. Will regularly be one of NHL’s top-scoring d-men.

Ales Hemsky, 38 games, 30 pts. Was flying in Czech league, but top power play minute aren’t coming back and he’s got injury history.

Sam Gagner, 46 games, 30 pts. Won’t get so many power play minutes, but will pick up points on high powered second line.

Nail Yakupov, 46 games, 27 pts. A real sniper. Would put up more but his power play time will be curtailed because of Hall and Eberle.

Ryan Smyth, 44 games, 20 pts. Will be used mainly in checking rule. Along with Hartikainen and Horcoff, he will help score a lot of power play goals by screening the goalie, but he won’t be picking up points on most of those ones.

Teemu Hartikainen 45 games, 20 pts. Will pick up his points in the kill zone, right in front of the net.

Ryan Whitney 40 games, 14 pts. If healthy, should be solid enough at even strength, but his power play days should be done.

Shawn Horcoff, 42 games, 14 pts. His scoring days are done. His checking days are here. But he can help team immensely in that role.

Jeff Petry 46 games, 12 pts. Needed in shut-down defensive role, along with Smid.

Magnus Paajarvi, 22 games, 10 pts. Strong two-way player in OKC will eventually land him a role on third line, but he’s no scoring ace

Ryan Jones, 30 games, 8 pts. His injury is really going to set him back here. Can he keep Paajarvi out of the line-up. Hmm…

Eric Belanger, 46 games, 7 pts. A decent player if you don’t ask him to do anything more than kill penalties, play fourth-line minutes.

Ladislav Smid 43 games, 7 pts. Blocks shots, passes, hits, sound positionally, has matured into a strong shut-down defender.

Ben Eager, 25 games, 6 pts. Will have a hard time holding a roster spot.

Nick Schultz 48 games, 6 pts. Will provide steady defensive play, little offence.

Corey Potter 30 games, 6 pts. Might get some power play time. Strong passer, shooter from point.

Lennart Petrell, 30 games, 4 pts. A checker, not a scorer.

Theo Peckham 23 games, 2 pts. Needs to step up his positional game to earn playing time.

Anton Lander, 14 games, 2 pts. Auditioning to take over Belanger or Horcoff’s checking job.

Colten Teubert 3 games, 0 pts. Needs more time in AHL.

Taylor Fedun 7 games, 1 pts. Ready to step in at NHL level if one of Top 6 goes down. Solid skater, but mover.

Darcy Hordichuk, 10 games, 0 pts. A fighter, not a checker or a scorer.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Guru

via twitter:

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
    #Oilers lines at practice Hall-RNH-Ebs, Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky, Smyth-Horcoff-Hartikainen, Eager-Belanger-Petrell, Hordi-VandeVelde-Paajarvi

Administrator

Poor Paajarvi!

Dobber Sports Superstar

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...99226991423488
    #Oilers acquire defenceman Mark Fistric from the Dallas Stars in exchange for a third-round selection in the 2013 #NHLDraft

Dobber Sports Pro

So much for all that wishful thinking for Yandle.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Icon

Very nice deal for the Oilers. Fistric should add something that the Oilers back end has really been missing the last few years.

Dobber Sports Guru

Fistric - Peckham would be one tough third pairing if Peckham has gotten over his concussion issues and can get back to the level he played the year before.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw