Page 55 of 370 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
    Here's a wow move:

Yakupov for Subban

MTL gets rid of Subban who I hear isn't very popular in the dressing room while reuniting Galchenyuk with his good buddy Yakupov.

EDM gets their stud Dman they so deperately need while trading from a position of strength.

You heard it here first! I rule!!!
    Nice!

Hopefully they follow that up by trading away Taylor Hall for a quick punch to every remaining fan's balls as well.

And maybe RNH for a choice of whatever jersey we want to wear next now that we're all no longer OIler fans.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Nice!

Hopefully they follow that up by trading away Taylor Hall for a quick punch to every remaining fan's balls as well.

And maybe RNH for a choice of whatever jersey we want to wear next now that we're all no longer OIler fans.
    heh-heh....nice...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nice!

Now that's some sentiment I can share.

Dobber Sports Ninja

2G,1A for Yakupov again today. He's the real deal. Trading him would be the absolute pinnacle of stupidity.

2G,1A for Yakupov again today. He's the real deal. Trading him would be the absolute pinnacle of stupidity.
    Yep - and all this with only mediocre TOI and bad linemates.

He's going to be unreal.

Interesting read on Yak and his performance in the KHL thus far:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...evgeni-malkin/

Apparently Oil Kings just traded for Musil - sweet, another one of our prospects I'll get to watch live. Oil Kings really needed to add a solid D-man too.

Administrator

If I was a KHL owner I'd offer Yakupov $20 million a year to stay.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    If I was a KHL owner I'd offer Yakupov $20 million a year to stay.
    I completely agree. The KHL could do some real damage by signing him and maybe convincing a few other vets to stick around.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I just read that the Oilers are possibly making a splash upon CBA completion. Here's my idea (which will never happen.....more like a wish if you will ) Why not make a move for Galchenyuk.....like say Gagne MPS Omark.....Wish list would include Galchenyuk Price Subban in a package. Talk about filling in the holes. I know it would be impossible to ever make that happen, but wouldn't it be cool if they could somehow do it without touching any of Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, Schultz.

......this would then be making headlines as Montreal would be on fire from the result of days and days of rioting....followed by NHL banning the Habs from the league due to public embarassment, that and they burned down their arena during the riots.....oh wait, I guess add all this to my wish list as well.....
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Anyone else see this?:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=644752

Actually pretty damn cool... seriously considering it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Interesting idea but I can't see myself giving any money to the league/team/players in any way right now.

Administrator

Yeah, I mean it's cool but it just feels like something been a desperate plea to not lose fans and a total money grab. I can't decide which way it leans more. I'm really curious as to whether any of the money made will go towards the arena fund or if it'll just go into Katz' pocket.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, I mean it's cool but it just feels like something been a desperate plea to not lose fans and a total money grab. I can't decide which way it leans more. I'm really curious as to whether any of the money made will go towards the arena fund or if it'll just go into Katz' pocket.
    At that price they are probably making very little money off of it, but for me it's just the idea of showing support...

Administrator

At that price they are probably making very little money off of it, but for me it's just the idea of showing support...
    Yeah see that's why I didn't go into a full blown rant on the money grab aspect.