Page 53 of 370 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Klefbom has been remarkable according to reports. Sounds like the injury is not too bad, which is a good thing.

Klefbom could turn into a really great player for the Oilers in an area of weakness. VERY excited to see him play if the NHL ever returns.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Klefbom has been remarkable according to reports. Sounds like the injury is not too bad, which is a good thing.

Klefbom could turn into a really great player for the Oilers in an area of weakness. VERY excited to see him play if the NHL ever returns.
    Yep - I don't usually place a ton of stock in HFBoards stuff but there's a Klefbom thread in the Oilers section that gets regular updates from a few Swedish guys... and man, the praise is pretty incredible.

Dobber Sports Star

Can someone please give me some insight into Jeff Petry?

Dobber has him ranked quite high and ahead of such guys as Faulk, Josi, Smith, Hamilton, Bogosian, Larson yet he continually seems to be viewed as a non-offensive top 4 kind of guy who will get under 5 goals and less than 30 points.

Seems like a bit of a mixed message and I am trying to gague his value in a points only keeper.

Any insight appreciated
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Can someone please give me some insight into Jeff Petry?

Dobber has him ranked quite high and ahead of such guys as Faulk, Josi, Smith, Hamilton, Bogosian, Larson yet he continually seems to be viewed as a non-offensive top 4 kind of guy who will get under 5 goals and less than 30 points.

Seems like a bit of a mixed message and I am trying to gague his value in a points only keeper.

Any insight appreciated
    I'm huge on Petry - he really was dominant in the latter chunk of the season and was producing around .5ppg around then if I remember correctly. He could turn into a 40+ point d-man but it's hard to see how PP time etc. shake out with Klefbom and Schultz likely joining the team next year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Petry was one of the few bright spots last season, particularly the last half, and I have always been high on him. Given that he only has a 2 year contract I can see him being quite motivated to earn a bigger chunk of cash when that one is done.

The great thing about Petry is he is actually decent on defense but can put up points as well, so I imagine he'll be easier to pair up.

Smid, N Schultz, J Schultz, Petry, Whitney, Smid is top 6 with some really decent potential.

Then add in Klefbom and you've got another potential high end shut down guy as well.

While people have been crapping on the Oiler blueline (and rightfully so) for some time now, things are really starting to look brighter.

Administrator

Petry was one of the few bright spots last season, particularly the last half, and I have always been high on him. Given that he only has a 2 year contract I can see him being quite motivated to earn a bigger chunk of cash when that one is done.

The great thing about Petry is he is actually decent on defense but can put up points as well, so I imagine he'll be easier to pair up.

Smid, N Schultz, J Schultz, Petry, Whitney, Smid is top 6 with some really decent potential.

Then add in Klefbom and you've got another potential high end shut down guy as well.

While people have been crapping on the Oiler blueline (and rightfully so) for some time now, things are really starting to look brighter.
    I agree, if we could clone Smid and play two of them out there our blueline would look great.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

OOps.

Guess the blueline doesn't look quite as good without the use of banned technology.

Dobber Sports Stud

You forgot Sutton
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    You forgot Sutton

I also 'forgot' Potter ... on purpose

Dobber Sports Stud

I also 'forgot' Potter ... on purpose
    lol, that one I am willing to overlook
    10 Team Yahoo Roto

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow, so Horcoff just missed out on a paycheck of $420k (before taxes). Kind of puts the money into perspective.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2012/10/1...about-the-fans
    10 Team Yahoo Roto

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yakupov with another 2 goals to give him 8 in 10 games right now.

At the same age Ovechkin had 13 in 37 games and Malkin had 12 in 52 games.

He has just an insane release on his shot - it's scary good. I don't see him being as good as either OV or Malkin, but his goalscoring is unreal and with guys like Hemsky/RNH feeding him I am VERY excited if the NHL decides to ever come back again.

https://twitter.com/OilersNow/status/263000249633742848

Originally Posted by @OilersNow
    @Bob_Stauffer predicts a "WOW" player personnel move by the Oilers between end of lockout and start of season. #Oilers

Any ideas anyone?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    https://twitter.com/OilersNow/status/263000249633742848

Originally Posted by @OilersNow
    @Bob_Stauffer predicts a "WOW" player personnel move by the Oilers between end of lockout and start of season. #Oilers

Any ideas anyone?

Stauffer also expected the Oilers to draft Ryan Murray 1st overall. Take his predictions at face value.

I will play along just for the heck of it. I predict Ben Eagar will be released. Not really a big WOW move but not sure what else I can see happening to be honest. To say he was a bust last year would be a slight understatement.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Stauffer also expected the Oilers to draft Ryan Murray 1st overall. Take his predictions at face value.

I will play along just for the heck of it. I predict Ben Eagar will be released. Not really a big WOW move but not sure what else I can see happening to be honest. To say he was a bust last year would be a slight understatement.
    To be fair he never said they'd take Murray 1st overall. His words were "My head says Yakupov, my gut says Murray."

But that point aside, not everyone is right all the time.

Stauffer, overall, has been pretty accurate - said we'd draft Hall and RNH first overall, and was pretty much the first guy to say that Krueger was a serious candidate for the coaching position.

Anyway, things I've heard tossed around:

- Trade for Luongo
    - Horcoff Retires
    - Hall made Captain
    - Trade for d-man