Page 51 of 370 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Theo Peckham signs a 1 year deal worth $1.075M

Dobber Sports Grand Master

20. He explained that he liked Jordan Eberle with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Sam Gagner with Ales Hemsky. That not only allows him to move Hall around the lineup, but also rotate others depending on the situation -- Ryan Smyth, Ryan Jones, Ben Eager and potentially even Shawn Horcoff on the wing. I'm really curious to see this. This stuff fascinates me.

From 30 thoughts...

So if Gagner/Hemsky are a pair and RNH/Ebs, that means unless one of them switches to LW, Yakupov will be playing with Horcs?

Edit:

21. Some of you will be wondering: what about Nail Yakupov? Krueger wants to see how the number one pick looks on the left side. Yakupov is used to the right, but with Eberle and Hemsky there, it's pretty jammed. Finally, Krueger closed by saying one of the most important things moving forward for the Oilers will be the group "demanding more from each other and the team right from the beginning."

Looks like Yak will be playing LW - I'd rather see Hemsky there as he's got a lot more experience.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post

Looks like Yak will be playing LW - I'd rather see Hemsky there as he's got a lot more experience.
    Agreed- hes also more expendable with his term. Ideally like to see Yaks develop on the proper wing unless hes comfortable converting to his off wing. You have to wonder if Yakupov was their 1st- 1st overall if theyd even consider this. I get the feeling hes not going to get the royal treatment most 1st overalls get- lmao!

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Hemsky on RW with Yakupov on LW would be awesome. The positions with these 2 only matters on faceoffs and D-zone coverage, they are both effective rushing down either wing. Hemsky's elite passing, with Yakupov's 1-timer, would be deadly!
    Ideally they'd have a big center between them, but that's a different discussion.

I can't get over the Hall-RNH-Eberle connection, they were so fun to watch last year.
    ps.The way these 3 get along off and on the ice will be a big advantage for the Oil when it comes time to re-sign them, I'm all for nurturing that bond.
    Last edited by donions; July 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I think Hemsky on RW with Yakupov on LW would be awesome. The positions with these 2 only matters on faceoffs and D-zone coverage, they are both effective rushing down either wing. Hemsky's elite passing, with Yakupov's 1-timer, would be deadly!
    Ideally they'd have a big center between them, but that's a different discussion.

I can't get over the Hall-RNH-Eberle connection, they were so fun to watch last year.
    ps.The way these 3 get along off and on the ice will be a big advantage for the Oil when it comes time to re-sign them, I'm all for nurturing that bond.
    Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
    Smyth-Horcoff-Jones
    Hordichuk/Petrell-Belanger-Eager

Not too shabby.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yakupov plays the "off-wing" already does he not? In the Russian sort of style (like Ovechkin, but the opposite side and opposite shot?).

So moving him to the other side might make a little more sense anyways since the transition could be easier.

Who knows.

Just gets these guys on the ice and start winning hockey games.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
    Smyth-Horcoff-Jones
    Hordichuk/Petrell-Belanger-Eager

Not too shabby.
    I think I'd rather see Yakupov stay on the right side as well (like you).

Something like

Hall - RNH - Eberle
    Paajarvi/Hartikainen - Gagner - Yakupov
    Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
    Petrell/Belanger/Eager/Jones/Hordichuk

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I think I'd rather see Yakupov stay on the right side as well (like you).

Something like

Hall - RNH - Eberle
    Paajarvi/Hartikainen - Gagner - Yakupov
    Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
    Petrell/Belanger/Eager/Jones/Hordichuk
    Yep, that's the line up I'd like to see, but think the other is the more likely scenario.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yep, that's the line up I'd like to see, but think the other is the more likely scenario.
    Yeah Krueger said in Friedman's 30 Thoughts that he liked Eberle with RNH and Hemsky with Gagner.

Edit: Lol oops didn't see you already said that above. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Yeah Krueger said in Friedman's 30 Thoughts that he liked Eberle with RNH and Hemsky with Gagner.

Edit: Lol oops didn't see you already said that above. My bad.
    You know, I don't always look for reasons to make fun of you, but some times you just make it so god damn easy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lines are rarely static in the NHL these days. I agree that the former lines you suggested are probably the 'first tried' though.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Lines are rarely static in the NHL these days. I agree that the former lines you suggested are probably the 'first tried' though.
    Yep - I'm just excited to see how the team plays. Certainly weren't any radical changes made, but new coaching, few new faces, few more developed players.

Dobber Sports Ninja

You know, I don't always look for reasons to make fun of you, but some times you just make it so god damn easy.
    [Insert "I don't always..." meme here.]

Just out of curiosity, do you Oils fans think Dubnyk is essentially now the #1 or do you think that Dub and Khabi still split time relatively even? Any chance Dubnyk hits 55-60 starts or do you think that to be highly unlikely?

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    [Insert "I don't always..." meme here.]

Just out of curiosity, do you Oils fans think Dubnyk is essentially now the #1 or do you think that Dub and Khabi still split time relatively even? Any chance Dubnyk hits 55-60 starts or do you think that to be highly unlikely?
    I'm no sage, but chance at 55 if he plays well. I'd guess like 52-30, though that could change dramatically if Khabi plays well again.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Couple of depth signings for the Oilers today

Edmonton Oilers ‏@NHL_Oilers
    #Oilers have agreed to terms with defenceman Alex Plante and centre Chris Vande Velde on one-year contracts.