Page 5 of 370 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Penner has been traded for Teubert + LAK 2011 1st + conditional LAK 2012 3rd

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Penner has been traded for Teubert + LAK 2011 1st + conditional LAK 2012 3rd
    Not a bad deal if we consider Blues can only get a 2nd 2011 for Boyes.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like the deal for a few reasons.

1. The Penner experiment just never worked: Fans were on him from day 1 and he didnt do a lot to change their minds with his inconsistent and sometimes lazy play. Feuding with coaches(MacT) never goes over well in this market either.

2. More ice-time for the kids: No doubt about it, Penner was 1 of the Oilers best players, but ideally, even if he stayed, he wouldnt have been for very long. The kids are getting better all the time and they need the chance to thrive in bigger roles against tougher opposition.

3. The return was fair: A 1st rnd pick and a prospect are what most speculated would be the return for DP. They were right. I always enjoyed watching Colten Teubert play when Regina came to my home-town Red Deer; he's big, he's mean, he's a leader, and he plays with a lot of heart. A potential Peckham-Teubert pairing will be feared league-wide if those 2 develop into full-time NHL'ers.
    It also doesnt hurt that he played with Eberle for 3 yrs in Regina and remained close friends afterwards.

All in all an exciting day yesterday, I was driving down a busy street with a fellow hardcore Oil fan when the news came thru the radio-waves, I nearly swerved off the road throwing high-fives. We've been counting down the days we'd no longer have to endure the enigma that is Dustin "Funky Pickle" Penner, now we are free!
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Yea there was no way he would be kept long-term. Even with him gone at some point one of paajarvi/omark/hemsky will have to be moved as none of those guys are suited for a bottom 6 role.

Administrator

We just gotta get these smurfs on the juice!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    We just gotta get these smurfs on the juice!
    Send some to Joey Moss with some custom sneaks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Damn you Dorsett! Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Few questions for any Oiler fans out there. Looking towards next year;

Assuming Larsson is taken, who would you rather draft? RNH, Landeskog, Couturier, Murphy, Other?
    -A month ago I'd have said RNH no question, his 2-way play is so strong for a young star caliber player(ala Toews). He's a fantastic setup man, the kind of player that can help Hall get 50 goals every year. And he's a PP stud, shows great patience, knows how to carry the puck into the zone to get setup(ala Hemsky).
    -Now Landeskog is coming on hard and I'm torn. I've seen a few hockey minds compare Landeskog to Taylor Hall, he plays with a different level of intensity and reckless abandon then most star players. Sure we got lots of top 6 wingers as is, but who wouldnt want another Taylor Hall? He's also a great leader and it could be kinda fun having a strong Swedish contingent to combat Detroit and Vancouver.

Is anyone catching your eye that could be had with LA's 1st rounder(14-20th overall)?
    -Based on the latest rankings, Ryan Murphy was only the 10th ranked North American, if there is anyway in hell the Oilers can draft this kid on-top of whoever they get in the top 5, I will run naked thru the streets. But im not optimistic.
    -Either of the Portland forwards(Rattie, Bartschi) would be great additions to an already stacked forward crop moving forward.

Cogliano or Brule or Neither?

-There isnt really room for both. Id prefer to keep Cogs even tho Brule brings a larger physical presence. Cogs seems determined to make himself a strong role player and he has the talent to exceed in a secondary role.

Dubnyk or "outside hire"?

-Is Dubnyk the goalie of the future? I'm not sure. This is more of a question for 2-3 years down the road. Dubnyk will get loads of starts next year to show what he's got and that'll be a big tell, but is anyone here convinced either way yet?

Bring back UFA's Vandermeer and Jones?

I sure hope so. Oilers got loads and loads of cap-space, I dont care if you have to pay a little more then you think they're worth, the Oilers absolutely NEED gritty players like these.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wouldn't call myself an Oilers fan... But as a CANUCKS fan, I get to see them play quite regularly. So I'll touch on a couple of these... Take it for what it's worth. :P

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Is anyone catching your eye that could be had with LA's 1st rounder(14-20th overall)?
    -Based on the latest rankings, Ryan Murphy was only the 10th ranked North American, if there is anyway in hell the Oilers can draft this kid on-top of whoever they get in the top 5, I will run naked thru the streets. But im not optimistic.
    -Either of the Portland forwards(Rattie, Bartschi) would be great additions to an already stacked forward crop moving forward.

I'm not really sure what position the Oilers will be looking for after they draft (in my opinion) Couturier with their 1st pick... But lets assume they want a defenseman. In the 14-20 range of the 1st round, I would say the best 2 remaining defenseman will be David Musil, and Nathan Beaulieu... Assuming that Larsson, Hamilton, Siemens, and Murphy have already been drafted.

Considering David Musil was born in Edmonton, I could see them going after him... And in my opinion a steal if he falls to the 14-20 range. Musil and Marincin could make a big scary pairing in a few years.

Cogliano or Brule or Neither?

-There isnt really room for both. Id prefer to keep Cogs even tho Brule brings a larger physical presence. Cogs seems determined to make himself a strong role player and he has the talent to exceed in a secondary role.

I'm probably the biggest Gilbert Brule fan out there. I would take Brule over Cogliano... Although I feel like Cogliano fits into Edmonton's plans a little bit better than Brule does.

I would be pretty excited if Vancouver would swap the Oilers Mason Raymond for Brule haha.

Bring back UFA's Vandermeer and Jones?

I sure hope so. Oilers got loads and loads of cap-space, I dont care if you have to pay a little more then you think they're worth, the Oilers absolutely NEED gritty players like these.

I've been pretty impressed with Jones for most of the year... I think I would keep Jones but let Vandermeer go.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    I wouldn't call myself an Oilers fan... But as a CANUCKS fan, I get to see them play quite regularly. So I'll touch on a couple of these... Take it for what it's worth. :P
    Get outta here you greasy Nucks fan!

Kidding, anyones opinions is welcome, cept Flames and Canucks fans. Seriously...get out.
    Ok kidding again.
    Im really torn on the Brule Cogliano issue, for the short term they can both stay, but I wonder if the Oilers plan on inserting Anton Lander directly into the NHL, and with the emergence of Reddox as a solid PK'er/checker, somethings gotta give. Aslong as whoever they decide to let go, doesnt goto the Nucks, I can live with it.

Banned

Nice to see the Oilers finally play a good game.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Nice to see the Oilers finally play a good game.

Yeah, Paajarvi & Omark looked great and Dubnyk stole a few.
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just thought I'd throw this FYI up here for all you Oils fans.

TSNRyanRishaug Ryan Rishaug
    Liam Reddox signs with Vaxjo In SEL, unable to come to terms with Oil. 2 years. Oil weren't offering one way deal Reddox camp wanted
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this FYI up here for all you Oils fans.

TSNRyanRishaug Ryan Rishaug
    Liam Reddox signs with Vaxjo In SEL, unable to come to terms with Oil. 2 years. Oil weren't offering one way deal Reddox camp wanted
    Can't blame the guy. Those two-way deals really hurt the income if the player is stuck in the AHL.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust