Page 23 of 370 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ace

Wow I cant believe how many people think Chroney is better, personally I thought he was making Peckham look good LOL. I think their both equally as bad in their own ways. Just another reason why we need some help back there.

But their making Gilbert and Smid look like all stars
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Administrator

They went for the "more offensive" player since they are seriously lacking puck movers with Potter now out. Not saying I agree with the move, personally I think the best thing that ever happened was when we waived Chorney, but the rationale is that Plante and Chorney are completely different players. If you want to argue Plante vs. Teubert that's a reasonable argument but Plante vs. Chorney, that's apples and oranges.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by diamondback87 View Post
    I dont understand why Chorney is up with us. That guy is brutal in his own zone. He single handily gave the Stars their first goal. I would way rather have Plante up there who at least would make smart plays and get the puck out. Who cares if the first pass is sloppy. That guy really needs to go, he looked horrible last game and wow its not getting any better.
    Looks like they listened to you.

http://twitter.com/#!/NHL_Oilers/sta...06247172194304
    The #Oilers have recalled defenceman Alex Plante and assigned Taylor Chorney to the Oklahoma City Barons. More details to follow.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    Tambi doesnt always, but ever now and then he reads a couple comments and realizes that it isnt such a bad idea. For the sake of God plz go somewhere else, or to Europe.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finally broke the losing streak in Minnesota - 17 games of losing hockey finally put behind the team.

Isn't this great Oiler fans? Smyth is back and playing possibly the best hockey of his career in the back end of his 30s (will he beat out his 2000-2001 season when he was paired with Weight?).

The team actually looks to have some kind of future that doesn't include words like Nilsson or Schremp.

The new lines that have been rolled out the past few games have been really clicking with Smyth taking Hall's spot alongside RNH and Eberle. Smyth's wwork along the boards, combined with the creativity of the two kids seems to be really making a difference. Hall has looked a lot better with Hemsky on his line (go figure) and even though I am certain one or both of them will be injured again this year, right now it's a treat to watch them.

What's astounding to me is that the Oilers are still dragging themselves around the 6-10 spot in the Conference with a defense that is utterly atrocious. Yes, Smid and Gilbert have been playing extremely well, and Petry is holding his own, but the rest of the AHL bottom guys are trainwrecks. And yet the team is still getting wins.

Get Potter back, a Whitney back into game shape, and make some kind of trade for one more guy, and this team could really do some damage next season by the time they have one more season of development under their belts.

Lots of things could (and likely will) go south this season for the team, as their goaltending is still far from set (even though they have performed admirablythis season) and the defense is a mess. Paajarvi needs to get his crap figured out and Gagner is looking really lost this season (though he's been somewhat better in the past few games).

So glad to feel like there might FINALLY be a light at the end of the tunnel after sitting through so many years of Corson, Manson, Comrie and on and on.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The team actually looks to have some kind of future that doesn't include words like Nilsson or Schremp.
    Geez I'd forgotten about those two... you poor bastards!

Congrats Oil fans, your future is looking healthier than in decade(s). And your team is fun to watch!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ace

LOL ya i remember bragging about the future we used to have being so oblivious. HAHAHA wow things are different now. I thought Gagner has looked really good the last few games. He is starting to look a lot more comfortable with the puck and isnt rushing his decisions. I dont know if this guy will ever turn into what we thought we had but he could still be a great number 2 center one day. MP has looked lost as well but, hes still extremely young and I think his game is gonna take some time to find.

Whats been really nice to see is the team scoring goals and beating teams by a large margin. It was troubling to see the Oilers winning but by 2-1 most nights. Its nice to see the team jump up to 14th in goals scored and with our special teams right now, this team still could be fighting for a playoff spot in 4 months.

No matter what happens this year Im happy to see things finally turning around in oil country and guys starting to show why they were drafted where they were.

And Eberle is just continuing to prove to me game in and out why he is my favorite player in the NHL. They guy will be the future captain and he does everything right. Maybe the best steal of that draft(other than filatov)

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ace

Today will be another great test for the Oilers. A big problem in recent years has been the play vs NW opponents. So far this year we have improved but this will be another tough test with a tired Oilers team. This is a game we can win so I guess we will see what happens

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Andy Sutton suspended indefinitely... and thus the Oilers blueline becomes further depleted.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Andy Sutton suspended indefinitely... and thus the Oilers blueline becomes further depleted.
    What the Oilers need is a steady stream of goon defensemen to deploy against the opponents fearlessly. Not saying it's the most honest strategy but if Boston can win Cups and spark undefeated streaks with their goonery I say the Oilers get on board with this new trend.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers are brutal once again. Nice to see Nugent-Hopkins still rolling along though. Even on nights when he struggles he puts up points. Hopefully the Oilers can at least stay out of the basement this season. All I want to see is some improvement over the year and a strong push for the playoffs this season. With maybe a Calder for Nugent-Hopkins to boot.

Dobber Sports Genius

With the way he puts up points, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get the Calder this year. Then again, there is plenty of time for someone else to make a strong case for it and surprise everyone.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I read this the other day (maybe it was HF boards) but anyway, it was pointed out that we were really missing Hall.

In general, I haven't been impressed by Hall this year, but it was argued he brings a sense of energy and drive we're currently lacking and our record without him the past while is quite abysmal.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not sure if it's true or not but the team results certainly point to some sort of trend there.

On another note I snagged this picture from the following article:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...lousy-defence/

Last game was the first time this year I turned the game off in disgust, and that seems to be a pretty clear example of why.

Administrator

BAHAHAHA!!! The old 1-1-1-1-1 trap! That'll get them every time. Didn't you read the scouting report Doulos? The Hurricanes only rush the puck up the right side of the ice. We just had to put the stops to it.