Page 226 of 370 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I say this team turns it around. They miss the playoffs, but they go on some kind of hot run. Too much talent.. It has to start clicking.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I say this team turns it around. They miss the playoffs, but they go on some kind of hot run. Too much talent.. It has to start clicking.
    I've been saying that all year but I honestly doubt it now. I believe that there is something wrong internally. This team isn't that different from last year so something had to cause this.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I've been saying that all year but I honestly doubt it now. I believe that there is something wrong internally. This team isn't that different from last year so something had to cause this.
    There's still time. All-star break and bye week allow for a lot of reflection or recovery time. They are far too slow on the wing; nothing will change that. However, I do believe they are capable of being more than a bad team. Mediocre at least and certainly, there is potential for them to be good again.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This is my thought as well...

I just hope they don't duplicate what Colorado did... made the playoffs and looked like they were a promising young team... and then fell to pieces!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

I just hope they don't duplicate what Colorado did... made the playoffs and looked like they were a promising young team... and then fell to pieces!
    Gotta think a lot of the same things happened to this Edmonton team as did that Colorado team. Other coaching staffs have had a chance to find the holes in their game, and are finding ways of playing around the Oilers' strengths. Heard an interview during one of their games this week, and a player from the other team (don't remember who they were playing) said that it's pretty much league policy now that if McDavid is on the ice, all eyes are on him defensively. Now, whether that just means not leaving him space or blocking up the lanes I don't know, and I don't know what they're doing against him that they don't do against Boeser or Seguin. Either way though, it was interesting to hear a player talk about how pretty much every other team plays a similar style to try to contain McDavid.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Master

They looked a lot better tonight. At this pace, they will start winning games. They got pretty unlucky tonight (offside by a cm... puck to Larsson's face deflected...). McDavid looked like he played mad, which is what this team needs.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

They have looked ok in a lot of games but can't score any goals. Also, the fact that McDavid didn't draw a penalty on his breakaway is why I've started to mostly check out from the NHL (along with the atrocious display by the Oilers over the past decade). The officiating is simply horrendous and they don't do anywhere near enough to showcase, protect, and free up their marquee players to make the game exciting. It's not at all why the Oilers are losing, but it's one of the big reasons why I've lost interest in watching many games.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't agree on the too much talent. They are top heavy with McDavid and Drai, with a steep drop-off in talent after that. They are extremely light on talent in the wing positions, which has been a major issue all season long. They have a decent d-core when healthy, but don't have top end offensive talent there either. IF anything, I think this team is short on talent compared to other elite teams. Look at how many dangerous skilled players teams like Tampa has, miles above what the oilers currently possess.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree on the too much talent. They are top heavy with McDavid and Drai, with a steep drop-off in talent after that. They are extremely light on talent in the wing positions, which has been a major issue all season long. They have a decent d-core when healthy, but don't have top end offensive talent there either. IF anything, I think this team is short on talent compared to other elite teams. Look at how many dangerous skilled players teams like Tampa has, miles above what the oilers currently possess.

Dobber Sports All-Star

They looked a lot better tonight. At this pace, they will start winning games. They got pretty unlucky tonight (offside by a cm... puck to Larsson's face deflected...). McDavid looked like he played mad, which is what this team needs.
    I don't understand why Khaira lifted his back leg like a dog. Usually when you are trying to stay on side, you stretch your back leg to keep it on the line or behind it, not lift it up. Brain cramp?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't understand why Khaira lifted his back leg like a dog. Usually when you are trying to stay on side, you stretch your back leg to keep it on the line or behind it, not lift it up. Brain cramp?
    Practicing for the Ice Capades. Gotta really nail that performance on the weekend. Might actually be the Oilers' best bet of filling their new arena if they can't find a way to turn it around.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot to mention RNH, who's probably been one of their best players this year so far.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I watched most of this game and man, Smashville really pushed the pace and were most definitely the faster squad, but the Oilers eventually matched that and nearly got that tying goal. Very good effort, but you could see the difference to what a really strong defence looks like compared to what the Oilers are icing.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    They have looked ok in a lot of games but can't score any goals. Also, the fact that McDavid didn't draw a penalty on his breakaway is why I've started to mostly check out from the NHL (along with the atrocious display by the Oilers over the past decade). The officiating is simply horrendous and they don't do anywhere near enough to showcase, protect, and free up their marquee players to make the game exciting. It's not at all why the Oilers are losing, but it's one of the big reasons why I've lost interest in watching many games.
    Oh man, I hear you on the officiating. The Subban hook on McDavid (don't mind if I leave my stick stuck in your pants, do ya Connor?) was crappy to not get a call on, but I watched the end of the I think it was Calgary/Minny game and one of the players had his stick slashed and it broke, but the refs didn't call a penalty because there were about 20 seconds remaining in the third period of a tied game. Seriously, there was still enough time to score without one of the team's defenseman having a stick. I know it's not a conspiracy against any one team, but the officials can't stick to any standards from period to period, let alone game to game. It used to be the best in all of sports when the league didn't tell them to focus on certain penalties and let the refs manage the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You forgot to mention RNH, who's probably been one of their best players this year so far.
    RNH is having a fantastic season. He's noticeable out there. My thoughts - Do what you can to sign or trade for a top D like Doughty, Karlsson or Letang. If you have to purge salary, as sad as it might be, Draisaitl is not cutting it on his own line as C2 and only seems to be productive beside McJesus. RNH can be the C2 for years and won't carry nearly the cap hit Draisaitl will. We need a top puck moving D to compete. They are worth their weight in gold. Plus, if the Oilers could actually draft and develop some actual effective NHL'ers to fill out their bottom six, it would be nice. Khaira at least looks to be a nice third line player. I'm disliking Cammalleri and Strome shows small snippets of talent/effort, but then goes invisible for far too long. Kassian is invisible most shifts this year. He needs to bring it a little more often. Let's see what the Oiler brain trust figures out.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

RNH is having a fantastic season. He's noticeable out there. My thoughts - Do what you can to sign or trade for a top D like Doughty, Karlsson or Letang. If you have to purge salary, as sad as it might be, Draisaitl is not cutting it on his own line as C2 and only seems to be productive beside McJesus. RNH can be the C2 for years and won't carry nearly the cap hit Draisaitl will. We need a top puck moving D to compete. They are worth their weight in gold. Plus, if the Oilers could actually draft and develop some actual effective NHL'ers to fill out their bottom six, it would be nice. Khaira at least looks to be a nice third line player. I'm disliking Cammalleri and Strome shows small snippets of talent/effort, but then goes invisible for far too long. Kassian is invisible most shifts this year. He needs to bring it a little more often. Let's see what the Oiler brain trust figures out.
    Now there's an oxymoron for ya LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yup, totally....definitely their most consistent too. That still leaves only 3 really skilled top 9 forwards, none of which who are wingers. Being able to roll these 3 at C doesn't do you much good with the glaring lack of skill/finish on their wings. All 3 of these guys are pass-first, all the more reason the lack of skill on the wing is so evident and is hurting this team. We are also really lacking a dynamic skilled dman, have been forever.......I like Klef, but he can't be the #1 source of offence from the back end on a contending team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

We're a second half team...WOOOOOOO!!!!! Look out NHL.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket