Page 219 of 370 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I rarely remember the media trashing the Leafs, even when they were bad. LOL!
    You really weren't listening then. Which is surprising. You had like 10 years to pick up on something .

(unless I'm missing sarcasm. Then )

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers are going to miss the playoffs, which is frustrating, but they sure are playing well lately. Lucic has been a real joy to watch as well. He's having a very good year. Puljujarvi's game is coming around, and I have to say I am surprised by that. Still not sold on the kid, but what he's doing right now with no PP time and hardly any ice time is impressive.

It's a shame they dug themselves such a big hole early on. Lots to like about the current make up of the team right now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't understand why the Oilers don't use Pulju on the PP. They're now forced to use guys like Letestu and Benning on the PP to get a right-handed shot in there. Why not use the guy who's playing on McDavid's wing at ES? The guy who has a great one-timer and is expected to score a lot of goals in the future? That sure sounds like a guy I'd want to use on the PP. They need that right-handed shot possibility for one-timers, otherwise their PP is too predictable.

Dobber Sports Deity

They have used Letestu on the PP for his faceoff abilities as much as his right handed shot abilities.

I do agree that Puljujarvi is finally coming along nicely and deserves more icetime, not just on the PP but also 5-on-5. He's only seeing about 13 minutes a night.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

They have used Letestu on the PP for his faceoff abilities as much as his right handed shot abilities.

I do agree that Puljujarvi is finally coming along nicely and deserves more icetime, not just on the PP but also 5-on-5. He's only seeing about 13 minutes a night.
    Sure, let him take the faceoff. But take him off the ice after that and put Pulju out there.

Although, I think they could just let Draisaitl take those faceoffs. You have the extra man on your side, so you don't need to win it cleanly. Make it a 50-50 battle and allow your wingers to win the puck. I know that's more difficult to do with the new faceoff rules but it's still possible.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Sure, let him take the faceoff. But take him off the ice after that and put Pulju out there.

Although, I think they could just let Draisaitl take those faceoffs. You have the extra man on your side, so you don't need to win it cleanly. Make it a 50-50 battle and allow your wingers to win the puck. I know that's more difficult to do with the new faceoff rules but it's still possible.
    I agree with you on both parts, but they like his right hand faceoffs on his strong side. Also, it's not as easy to get him off the ice and switch him with Puljujarvi depending on where the bench is and what not. They practice these PP's and switching someone out isn't always that easy.

All this being said, considering how poor the PP has been for the Oilers, a change should be a welcomed idea.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I agree with you on both parts, but they like his right hand faceoffs on his strong side. Also, it's not as easy to get him off the ice and switch him with Puljujarvi depending on where the bench is and what not. They practice these PP's and switching someone out isn't always that easy.

All this being said, considering how poor the PP has been for the Oilers, a change should be a welcomed idea.
    Yes, exactly. If it was working, I would understand their stubbornness. But when it's not working and they have other (better) options available, they should give them a shot.

Dobber Sports Deity

Your thoughts made it to the coach.

https://twitter.com/JHaskinsGlobal/s...79268801429504

Puljujarvi getting a look on the PP this morning. #Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Hey! Looks like Sekera is close to returning too!

https://twitter.com/ReidWilkins/stat...79280063242241

With Klefbom not on the ice, Sekera is on PP unit with 97, 29, 55, and 27.

Puljujarvi on second unit with Strome, RNH, Maroon, and Benning.

Dobber Sports Deity

I was out at a Christmas party last night and didn't see the Hotstove or hear this rumour until today. As long as its not our 1st in 2018 or Yamamoto, he would be a great addition.

https://twitter.com/JoeyNotMoss/stat...44216205221888

According to CBC panel, Oilers and Senators have discussed Mike Hoffman for picks and prospects... ��

Dobber Sports Wizard

I was out at a Christmas party last night and didn't see the Hotstove or hear this rumour until today. As long as its not our 1st in 2018 or Yamamoto, he would be a great addition.

https://twitter.com/JoeyNotMoss/stat...44216205221888

According to CBC panel, Oilers and Senators have discussed Mike Hoffman for picks and prospects... ��
    They could definitely use a shooter like Hoffman. If only he was a right-handed shot, that would be perfect for them... But either way, he would be a nice addition for the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Deity

Not a moment too soon.

https://twitter.com/DailyFaceoff/sta...57274371981314

Adam Larsson: Injury: The Oilers have activated Adam Larsson (upper-body) from IR; will return to the Oilers lineup on Monday. https://t.co/QiU5OS1GmT

Dobber Sports Jedi

getting Sekera & Larsson back will be huge for them.... Hoffman would be a seriously dangerous weapon on anyone's wing in this line up
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Sekera isn't ready yet, but it looks like he's close.

The Great One

Sekera isn't ready yet, but it looks like he's close.
    With Weber being sent home and going on IR I grabbed Sekera from the FA list in my ESPN league. I’m a little surprised he was there. Additionally, the Hoffman owner got fed up with the Sens and dropped him! Waiver claim successful! Let’s hope he does go to Edmonton. Thanks guys.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch