Page 218 of 370 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 228 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I remember a gaggle of folks saying the Habs won that trade when the Oilers dealt Davidson away for Desharnais last season. They couldn't understand how Chiarelli could deal away a promising young Dman for a washed up, overpaid center. I guess, in the end, Davidson wasn't as good as many thought; that or the Habs simply didn't use him correctly. Either way, welcome back Brandon. The Oil could use your help right now with the injuries going on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Man, for the 2nd time in three games the Oilers get shutout by a backup goalie, even though they clearly were the better team on both nights. Ugh. Frustrating as hell but at least the effort is there on a more consistent basis. No puck luck at all and their PP still sucks ass.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Man, for the 2nd time in three games the Oilers get shutout by a backup goalie, even though they clearly were the better team on both nights. Ugh. Frustrating as hell but at least the effort is there on a more consistent basis. No puck luck at all and their PP still sucks ass.
    next game they should score 6. that's the recent trend. every second game is better than every third game... baby steps?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

They are playing better than baby steps. They are simply not putting the puck in the net consistency.

Dobber Sports Expert

They are playing better than baby steps. They are simply not putting the puck in the net consistency.
    Ahhh one more trip to the lottery and the Leafs will see u in the finals next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

baby steps toward winning consistently...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Funny how the media trashes teams like oilers and sens yet gives Toronto a complete free pass for getting outshot every game and having their players dry up offensivelt

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Maybe dumb media. But smart media (like The Athletic) has correctly called out the Leafs recently for playing crappy. And I agree with them. The Leafs have been riding hot goaltending since early November, looking like a team with many kids to whom the league has adjusted. The kids just need to adjust back and are struggling.

The Oilers, like I wrote earlier are being criticized unfairly. They've played way better than their record indicates. The turnaround was already creeping into the results, but then the Talbot injury derailed them again. Now with him back, and Sekera soon, this team will surprise some people. Not me though.

Ottawa deserves the criticism they are getting, sorry. Compare their possession numbers to Edmonton... night and day.
    That wasn’t really my point . I don’t really care about possession numbers (don’t think they matter at all if you’re winning) and think the leafs will be fine. It’s just a message in the media is not consistent depending on which team they’re talking about. Jim hughson was praising the leafs for getting outshot terribly and winning. He said it was a good thing.

Dobber Sports Jedi

it is not wise to have the centre of the universe turn against you... the media is wise.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Records be damned... from what I've seen, the Oilers have outplayed their opponents more often than the Leafs have so far this season.
    Even head to head, McElhinney stole that game.

Keep doing it right Oilers, the tide will turn.
    Not being critical just stating what might happen. These are 2 future powerhouses . Both still going through the growing cycle.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    That wasn’t really my point . I don’t really care about possession numbers (don’t think they matter at all if you’re winning) and think the leafs will be fine. It’s just a message in the media is not consistent depending on which team they’re talking about. Jim hughson was praising the leafs for getting outshot terribly and winning. He said it was a good thing.
    I get what you?re saying but think you?re off point.

The media criticized the struggling teams and praises the winnin teams. It has nothing to do with Ottawa vs Edmonton vs Toronto and everything to do with where they are in the standings. The media trashed the leafs when they were bad as well and were praising Edmonton last year when they were winning.

You get the odd intelligent voice out there who looks at the underlying trends and speaks out on whether a team may slow down or pick it up again. Edmonton should pick it up, but I think the holes too big for them to come back. Ottawa is just in plain trouble. It?s a lost year and the future is looking shaky now too. Leafs have enough of a buffer to survive slipping back down to Earth a bit.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I get what you?re saying but think you?re off point.

The media criticized the struggling teams and praises the winnin teams. It has nothing to do with Ottawa vs Edmonton vs Toronto and everything to do with where they are in the standings. The media trashed the leafs when they were bad as well and were praising Edmonton last year when they were winning.

You get the odd intelligent voice out there who looks at the underlying trends and speaks out on whether a team may slow down or pick it up again. Edmonton should pick it up, but I think the holes too big for them to come back. Ottawa is just in plain trouble. It?s a lost year and the future is looking shaky now too. Leafs have enough of a buffer to survive slipping back down to Earth a bit.
    Just ask Phaneuf about the media and whether the Leafs were given any kind of free ride

Dobber Sports Deity

I rarely remember the media trashing the Leafs, even when they were bad. LOL!

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...47415200604161

Jesse Puljujarvi with the GWG this afternoon in St Paul. The first of his career.
    Won't be the last either!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Not being critical just stating what might happen. These are 2 future powerhouses . Both still going through the growing cycle.
    I thought so as well, but lets not forget that this is what Colorado looked like 3 years ago. Nothing is certain.