Page 208 of 370 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Finally!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Finally!
    Start the orange crush!

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...r-nhl-playoffs

Dobber Sports Deity

Giddy up! I hope they face the Flames right out of the gate!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Congrats on making it back in the playoffs Oilers fans!

I like the decision to run with orange jerseys for home playoff games!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Been a long wait. I don't even care if they win a series, just be competitive and if they lose, come back hungrier next season. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them winning a series...or two. A man can dream, can't he?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Im happy the Oilers are back in the playoffs. Id much rather watch this team than most in the West.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lucic showing exactly why he was signed last night. Big hit, big fight, great guy to have on the bench from by the sounds of it, and I guess the hat trick was okay too. As the importance of the games ramps up so does his play.

Being a winning team obviously changes the way guys relate to one another but it really is remarkable how different things look between players out there. Now that Kassian is more of a hockey player and less of an absolute total piece of garbage, you can see the way he interacts with guys on the bench. Seeing him and Lucic laugh and chat on the bench during the game was such a strange sight after 10 years of guys silently pouting on the bench and hanging their heads. Totally different environment now than in the past. Absolutely its about having a team that is winning games but I suspect it's also the personalities like Maroon, Lucic etc that make a difference.

Dobber Sports Pro

And just in time for the playoffs:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...-sex-1.4059865

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ben Massey‏ @Lord_Bob
    Shocked to hear Daryl Katz has been accused of offering money to an actress for sex. I'd think he'd make the City of Edmonton pay for it.

I have no idea what's true or not in there. Billionaires exist in a world I will never know or understand. The accusers also have a very ... interesting ... history.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Lucic showing exactly why he was signed last night. Big hit, big fight, great guy to have on the bench from by the sounds of it, and I guess the hat trick was okay too. As the importance of the games ramps up so does his play.

Being a winning team obviously changes the way guys relate to one another but it really is remarkable how different things look between players out there. Now that Kassian is more of a hockey player and less of an absolute total piece of garbage, you can see the way he interacts with guys on the bench. Seeing him and Lucic laugh and chat on the bench during the game was such a strange sight after 10 years of guys silently pouting on the bench and hanging their heads. Totally different environment now than in the past. Absolutely its about having a team that is winning games but I suspect it's also the personalities like Maroon, Lucic etc that make a difference.
    I agree with you, though winning also helps with players laughing on the bench.

Seriously, as previous iterations of this Oiler team have proven, talent alone does not make a team successful. Chiarelli may have "lost" the Hall deal, but in order to get the pieces you NEED to build a winner, you've got to make some tough decisions. Hall was the asking price and Chiarelli knew he had to pay it or explain why he couldn't acquire a top 4 D again.

I just love the toughness and character of guys like Lucic and Maroon, plus there are important role players in Letestu and Kassian. Talbot has really been the beneficiary of an improved team defence.

Can't wait to watch some playoff hockey with my favourite team involved!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

My son is excited about the Oilers being in the playoffs - though probably because he knows he'll get to stay up late from time to time!

Dobber Sports Deity

I was really hoping for a first round Battle of Alberta but I guess San Jose is just as good of a place to start.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I was really hoping for a first round Battle of Alberta but I guess San Jose is just as good of a place to start.
    It can wait for Round 2 I think! San Jose isn't exactly hot entering the playoffs. I heard that Thornton is on the limp and Couture is of course not 100%. There are no easy opponents anymore, but I think I'd rather face SJ than Calgary.

Dobber Sports Ninja

2 years ago today I was sitting in a Mexican resort cheering like a crazy person because the Oilers won the McDavid lottery. Here we are now enjoying a playoff run. Love it!