Page 195 of 370 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    A draft pick and Nail Yakupov would work. I am living in a fantasy world anyways so why not.
    From a Flames side, I'd do #4 and Nail for Hamilton and a 3rd.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    From a Flames side, I'd do #4 and Nail for Hamilton and a 3rd.
    It's an intriguing offer. Probably rather just zip Yak off to some team for a defenseman if possible though. I don't see the Flames moving Hamilton so soon after acquiring him.

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's an intriguing offer. Probably rather just zip Yak off to some team for a defenseman if possible though. I don't see the Flames moving Hamilton so soon after acquiring him.
    I heard (I think) Dreger talking on Edmonton radio today about why the Flames may move Dougie. They need a new goalie, who will be pricey, they also have a ton already tied up in D-men. Finally, they have to re-up Gaudreau and Monahan. Given a of that Dougie could be the odd man out and getting the 4th overall for him is not a ba return at all.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I heard (I think) Dreger talking on Edmonton radio today about why the Flames may move Dougie. They need a new goalie, who will be pricey, they also have a ton already tied up in D-men. Finally, they have to re-up Gaudreau and Monahan. Given a of that Dougie could be the odd man out and getting the 4th overall for him is not a ba return at all.
    Yeah, 4th overall for Hamilton is probably a fair deal. Would rather see the pick get moved as part of a package for a top guy, but that probably won't happen.

Of course this is fantasy world draft day where Oilers get Subban and Hamonic! Oh and Lucic. Hell, why not Wingels as well just for a chaser. I mean it's mo made up world so I get to make the rules. I'm getting nothing done on draft day as usual.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well that was a let down as usual. I couldn't care less about another prospect. Fix the blueline or gtfo Chiarelli.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well that was a let down as usual. I couldn't care less about another prospect. Fix the blueline or gtfo Chiarelli.
    Still, making the pick was the right move. Acquiring assets like Puljujarvi will make dealing for a top D that much easier for Chia Pet.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Still, making the pick was the right move. Acquiring assets like Puljujarvi will make dealing for a top D that much easier for Chia Pet.
    Yep. They wont have to worry about protecting Puljujarvi in the expansion draft and they now have the ability to trade one of their LW for D help. We all want them to improve their D, and I am sure they will, but Chiarelli had already stated that he wasnt going to move that 4th overall for just any D. In fact, he said it was for PK or Weber at that was about it. That pretty much tells you that his plan was to use the draft to replienish and more than likely deal from the current roster to help with the blue line. As long as PC does that, I am more than happy drafting Puljujarvi here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    where have i heard this before...oh yea every draft the last decade

one more week. chiarelli needs to acquire one of barrie/shattenkirk or the oilers miss the playoffs again. i think barrie is the better fit given he's a RFA, no way shattenkirk re-signs in edmonton.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

one more week. chiarelli needs to acquire one of barrie/shattenkirk or the oilers miss the playoffs again. i think barrie is the better fit given he's a RFA, no way shattenkirk re-signs in edmonton.
    And that's why Shattenkirk makes no sense for the Oilers. If you are going to overpay, it may as well be for someone who's going to be under control past one year.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why would the Oilers move a top winger for one year of Shattenkirk? If they can negotiate a contract first then sure, but otherwise no way.

Chiarelli has had one season with this team and made a ton of moves already. You say things like 'the last decade' as if it's the same management team. It's not, so your point is meaningless.

I wish something would have happened by now, just because I'm getting antsy, but there will absolutely be some moves made this summer. No doubt about it. I also know that no matter what they do everyone will slag on the Oilers and say things like 'they never learn', 'moronic GM', 'stupid team that makes stupid moves' and until such time that the Oilers actually become something other than a laughing stock there is nothing anyone can say or do to change people's minds.

Chances are I probably won't like whatever happens (say a Nuge for Brodin trade ... gross), but I'm way past the point of thinking I know what it's going to take to fix the team, and it's pretty clear fans of other teams have zero clue as well. So we sit back, bitch (because hey why not!) and hope for the best.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Why would the Oilers move a top winger for one year of Shattenkirk? If they can negotiate a contract first then sure, but otherwise no way.

Chiarelli has had one season with this team and made a ton of moves already. You say things like 'the last decade' as if it's the same management team. It's not, so your point is meaningless.

I wish something would have happened by now, just because I'm getting antsy, but there will absolutely be some moves made this summer. No doubt about it. I also know that no matter what they do everyone will slag on the Oilers and say things like 'they never learn', 'moronic GM', 'stupid team that makes stupid moves' and until such time that the Oilers actually become something other than a laughing stock there is nothing anyone can say or do to change people's minds.

Chances are I probably won't like whatever happens (say a Nuge for Brodin trade ... gross), but I'm way past the point of thinking I know what it's going to take to fix the team, and it's pretty clear fans of other teams have zero clue as well. So we sit back, bitch (because hey why not!) and hope for the best.
    that was supposed to say barrie/brodin, my mistake. as my next sentence said, i dont think the oilers should go for shattenkirk as everything ive heard says he wants to hit FA, and Edmonton is one of the worst FA destinations.

RNH for Brodin has made sense for quite some time, surprised it hasnt happened yet.

Dobber Sports Deity

The reason why Brodin hasn't happened yet is because the Oilers want a puck moving Dman, and Brodin isn't a great puck moving Dman offers little to no offense. If they are going to move someone like RNH, they are going to get what they want. Dumba is the better option, and is a right handed D, but comes with more risk. There would need to be more coming back with Dumba too for RNH.

Dobber Sports Ninja

that was supposed to say barrie/brodin, my mistake. as my next sentence said, i dont think the oilers should go for shattenkirk as everything ive heard says he wants to hit FA, and Edmonton is one of the worst FA destinations.

RNH for Brodin has made sense for quite some time, surprised it hasnt happened yet.
    I think Brodin is a very bad defenseman, but it's possible the guys who get paid the big bucks know otherwise. RNH for him is horrific value but there's probably only horrific value type deals out there and I've come to terms with that.

Dobber Sports Pro

Brodin/Dumba for RNH makes more sense for me if Minny adds in a Haula/zucker, maybe Coyle?
    Oilers need some speed in the bottom 6, and Minny has a lot of F's to protect in expansion. I doubt Edm would protect either Zucker or Haula but they are big upgrades on the current bottom 6.
    I still dont like it at allvalue-wise.. RNH hasnt even sniffed his potential yet, and im a big fan of his.

...I really hope they find a better deal then this.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Deity

Good draft for the Oilers. They definitely got bigger, which is Chiarelli's goal, both today and long term.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...2016-nhl-draft

1st round, No. 4 overall: RW Jesse Puljujarvi. He’s a big, skilled, right-shooting right wing who plays a complete game and has experience playing at the senior level. Both the best player available at his position and a direct answer to immediate team need.

2nd round, No. 32 overall: LW Tyler Benson. Hyped as a potential top-10 pick as recently as a year ago, the Edmonton product fell thanks to an injury-filled 2015-16 campaign. If he can get healthy and back on track next season, this could be the steal of the draft.

3rd round, No. 63 overall: LD Markus Niemelainen. A big Finnish rearguard with experience playing on the right side, Niemelainen was a consensus mid-second round pick who slid to the Oilers in the third round.

3rd round, No. 84 overall: LD Matthew Cairns. Another big defenceman who can skate, Cairns is more of a long-term project. His immediate future will likely see him in the USHL, after which he’s off to Cornell. This pick was the trade return for Teddy Purcell.

3rd round, No. 91 overall: RD Filip Berglund. A 6’3″, 210-pound defenceman, Berglund was originally eligible for the 2015 Draft but snuck through. After putting up impressive scoring totals in Sweden this past season, the Oilers saw enough to bite. This pick was the trade return for Justin Schultz.

5th round, No. 123 overall: G Dylan Wells. Wells is an athletic but raw goalie out of the OHL. His numbers are underwhelming at this point, but he has a projectable frame and junior save percentages do have a history of misleading.

5th round, No. 149 overall: LW Graham McPhee. The son of former Washington Capitals general manager George McPhee, Graham is an under-the-radar pick from the U.S. NTDP. This pick was the trade return for Anders Nilsson.

6th round, No. 153 overall: RC Aapeli Rasanen. Edmonton’s third Finnish selection of the draft is a polished two-way centre who scored well in international play.

7th round, No. 183 overall: RD Vincent Desharnais. A mammoth defenceman who has passed through the draft on two previous occasions, Desharnais just completed his first season at the NCAA level.