Page 193 of 370 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Play like you want to make the team, not like you made the team and are waiting for changes to be made to help you.

The last batttle of Alberta at Rexall tonight was the worst game I have seen in years, we cant point the finger at Shultz and Purcell any more and

changes will be made. And as much as I like the young guns, they are out of town.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Play like you want to make the team, not like you made the team and are waiting for changes to be made to help you.

The last batttle of Alberta at Rexall tonight was the worst game I have seen in years, we cant point the finger at Shultz and Purcell any more and

changes will be made. And as much as I like the young guns, they are out of town.
    I was actually looking forward to a game that had a little bit of nastiness and hate.. We were all left disappointed, except for Flames fans of course..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I was actually looking forward to a game that had a little bit of nastiness and hate.. We were all left disappointed, except for Flames fans of course..
    Wasn't awesome for us either. Boring game. It was weak. Wow is really all I can say.

I'm on the train that Edmonton needs to trade Hall, RNH, Eberle, and Yal. Start fresh with Leon and McD.

That was an embarrassment.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Anyone else watch the ceremony after the game last night? (Last game at what is it now, Rexall Place?) It was lame and far too long (they introduced EVERY player who ever wore an Oiler uniform (NHL and WHA) except Sheldon Souray and Chris Pronger...BUT, it was nostalgic for this long time fan. Brought back lots of memories.

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched it right up until the started doing the interviews after the introductions. I didnt have an issue with the drawn out intro. I actually enjoyed that. I wished they would have given more info about each player as they were introduced instead of just whether they won a Cup or not.

And I dont believe that was everyone. I believe the invited everyone (which they should very well should have done) but those were just the ones who accepted the offer to attend the ceremony.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And I dont believe that was everyone. I believe the invited everyone (which they should very well should have done) but those were just the ones who accepted the offer to attend the ceremony.
    I was being a little sarcastic...I'm sure they invited everyone, although I have my doubts that they invited Souray, considering the way they parted ways.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I was being a little sarcastic...I'm sure they invited everyone, although I have my doubts that they invited Souray, considering the way they parted ways.
    Ahh, gotcha. I still say we need a sarcasm emoji.

Ya you are probably right about Souray, and quite possibly Pronger too. Although they were probably invited and "politely" declined.

I was surprised Andy Moog wasn't there. Was there a falling out with them when he left the organization? I cant remember.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting take from Dreger on what it may take to get Hamonic from NYI

On the Edmonton Oilers and New York Islanders …

Chris Nichols: Darren Dreger on TSN 1260 on if it could be last time that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall are all together in the Oilers lineup.

“I think it is likely. Will one be impacted by change – obviously trade – or will it be more than one. That’s what we don’t know.

“What we do know as well though is that Pete Chiarelli is dealing from, I believe, a position of weakness now. Garth Snow and the New York Islanders have made it fairly clear now going on for the better part of a year, where Edmonton is concerned, what they need for Travis Hamonic. And what they need back is a like young defenseman under a similar contract scenario.

“So guess what. Chiarelli is going to have to bite down hard here. Is it Oscar Klefbom? I think it is. Is that going to be enough? I don’t think it is going to be enough. So what other piece is it going to take to acquire that defenseman.

“And if you’re still concerned with, again, the core, or the culture of this club, who else becomes a primary target. Klefbom isn’t part of the core or the culture, if the culture is a concern yet, but Nugent-Hopkins would be. Eberle would be. Taylor Hall most certainly would be. So there’s some real tough decisions that Peter Chiarelli and the brass of the Edmonton Oilers have to make.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ahh, gotcha. I still say we need a sarcasm emoji.

Ya you are probably right about Souray, and quite possibly Pronger too. Although they were probably invited and "politely" declined.

I was surprised Andy Moog wasn't there. Was there a falling out with them when he left the organization? I cant remember.
    EVERY former Oiler was invited but not everyone could make it or declined. I heard Andy Moog was going to be there but I don't know what happened, maybe work committments? Many notable former Oilers weren't there but many of them have day jobs with other organizations like Doug weight, Bill Guerin, Todd Marchant, And Bryan Marchment. Oiler employees like McTavish and Buchberger were out of town for various reasons too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looks like these Oilers are giving our Leafs a run for our money for the best chance at Matthews... you guys have no shame

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Looks like these Oilers are giving our Leafs a run for our money for the best chance at Matthews... you guys have no shame
    Its going to be funny when someone like the Jets win Matthews.. HaHa.. Last place has the best chance at getting that 1st overall pick, but still has good chance at not winning.. It's going to be so interesting..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jeez, you know it's bad when Leafs fans are razzing us! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Its going to be funny when someone like the Jets win Matthews.. HaHa.. Last place has the best chance at getting that 1st overall pick, but still has good chance at not winning.. It's going to be so interesting..
    I'm good with the Oilers picking top 3 and snagging one of the Finns. I'm not that greedy...although I wouldn't turn down the ability to draft Matthews while pissing off so many hockey fans (5 first overalls in 7 years is a bit much).

Banned

lol, but honestly the oilers are a way better team

Dobber Sports Deity

Cool!

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...drake-caggiula

It’s college free agent signing season, and the Edmonton Oilers have already dipped into the pool when they signed undrafted goaltender Nick Ellis to an entry-level contract. The team isn’t finished yet, though, as a report Tuesday identified them as one of a half-dozen teams in the mix to sign undrafted forward Drake Caggiula.

It’s worth noting that Caggiula is a product of the University of North Dakota; current Philadelphia Flyers coach Dave Hakstol ran that program for years and Philly being mentioned as in the mix would seem to be significant.

Caggiula had an outstanding fourth season at the college level, scoring 25 goals and recording 51 assists in 39 games. Normally those numbers would be cause for real excitement, but there is a caveat, as he played on a line with first-round picks Brock Boeser and Nick Schmaltz, both of whom also had strong seasons at a younger age.

Still, it was Caggiula who was named most outstanding player as he helped his team to the championship, scoring two goals in the deciding game.

Caggiula lacks size, being listed at just 5’10” and 180 pounds, but according to college hockey expert Chris Dilks he doesn’t play a small man’s game:

Caggiula is a smaller forward, but plays with tremendous effort and grit. He makes life miserable for the opposition on the forecheck and plays a strong two-way game. He’s having a sensational senior season as a linemate of first round NHL picks Brock Boeser and Nick Schmaltz. It’s unlikely he is the same type of scorer at the next level, but would make an outstanding bottom six energy player.

There’s a pretty interesting player there. Speed, defensive responsibility and at least some amount of scoring touch make him an attractive prospect for the Oilers. That he turns 22 this summer is in his favour, too; he’ll likely be ready to compete for an NHL job relatively quickly.

The key question will be how much interest Caggiula has in Edmonton, and there are a couple of factors that might favour the Oilers. First, general manager Peter Chiarelli has never been shy about employing smaller players who play an aggressive game; Brad Marchand is basically the personification of that player type.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, there really isn’t a lot of competition. The Oilers have not done a good job of stocking the forward prospect cupboard over the years, which means that Caggiula might have opportunities with the team that he wouldn’t have in a system more flush with prospects. This is one of those rare circumstances where Edmonton’s mediocre record of drafting and development could actually work in their favour.

Dobber Sports Deity

Chiarelli talks about fielding calls on the 4th overall pick.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1023864

Peter Chiarelli's been open about the fact he's willing to trade the Edmonton Oilers' fourth overall pick at this year's NHL Entry Draft, and his phone's been ringing.

"I've already had four or five teams call me already," Chiarelli said on "Oilers Now" radio Monday afternoon. "I've made it known we would look to trade down if the right deal is there."

Chiarelli's open to parting with the No. 4 selection if he can get a pick and an NHL player in return, he added, according to Today's Slapshot's Chris Nichols.

"We went through a lot of scenarios at the amateur meetings," the GM added. "That's when you're most creative. Now, executing these things is often hard, but there's some real stuff that could come across our desk in the next few weeks."

Chiarelli's said last week there's a "real legitimate chance" the Oilers trade down, especially if they're able to land a top-four defenseman with the pick.

There's a lot at play, clearly, but the Oilers are confident, whether they trade the pick or not, that they'll be improving their team at the end of June in Buffalo.