Page 184 of 370 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

McDavid should bail on that franchise as soon as he can.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't think it can be definitively argued that Schultz would have turned out different in Anaheim. A soft player plays a soft game. I just think that's who he is. A coaching staff might encourage or mandate players to play in a certain manner, but it's ultimately up to the competitor to improve.

You don't actually think that MacLellan and previous coaches have "instructed" Schultz to make ill-advised decisions on the ice, do you? I would assume that after a few seasons of being physically-dominated by bigger, stronger and more imposing opponents, Schultz would have taken it upon himself to bulk up a bit, or at least improve aspects of his game like his defensive-zone coverage or play away from the puck. His play actually appears to worsen over time and he isn't offering anything in terms of offensive ability or point-production - the two things he's expected to provide.

I wouldn't say that Schultz has no fantasy value at all, but I'd state that in order for him to improve significantly and evolve into a better player, it's on him, not previous or current coaches.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

8-1, my god.. I need to watch the highlights!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    McDavid should bail on that franchise as soon as he can.
    I remember people saying this about Tavares too, and they managed to turn it around pretty well. I don't think McDavid is going to bail and I dont see a reason why he would.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

it is hard to stay positive after the last two games, but I still think we have the pieces in place to compete for the playoffs next year.

Our top 6 is fine, our goal-tending is solid, I believe in the coaching staff, and once Klefbom is healthy, we have three serviceable dmen.

Obviously we need some major help on the back end. But we used to be weak up the middle and we used to need a goalie, so slowly this team is getting fixed.

Nurse, Klefbom, and Sekera give us three decent dmen. Fayne can hold his own in a bottom-pairing role. I don't know if it is possible, but if we could land a top pairing dman and a middle-pairing dmen, we'd be just fine.

Klefbom - Hamonic or Lindholm (for RNH??)
    Nurse - Chychrun (or trade the pick for someone??)
    Sekera - Fayne
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Pakarinin getting a shot with the big boys.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...03838071795712

"It doesn't matter who I'm playing with, I just try to play simple and hard and give my everything." @IPakarinen on playing with 4 & 29

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Hearing chatter that Schultz is a healthy scratch for the game, perhaps because of a pending trade.

I wonder if the Phaneuf deal means the Leafs might be interested in uniting Schultz with Gardiner? Maybe Cowen going to Edmonton?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Hearing chatter that Schultz is a healthy scratch for the game, perhaps because of a pending trade.

I wonder if the Phaneuf deal means the Leafs might be interested in uniting Schultz with Gardiner? Maybe Cowen going to Edmonton?
    that would be a terrible line defensively. that being said i'm still a supporter of schultz and think a fresh start could do him some good...but i'm not sure Toronto is a place that would help. Vancouver/Detroit seem like better fits...or even Anaheim lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Tons of rumors on Twitter tonight about Schultz. The one zinging around right now has Edmonton/Buffalo/Toronto in a 3-way deal. Prospects going to the Oilers, Franson (also a healthy scratch tonight apparently) to Toronto and Schultz to the Sabres.

I dont buy it. The Oilers aren't looking for more prospects, they need blue line help in the bigs today.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Tons of rumors on Twitter tonight about Schultz. The one zinging around right now has Edmonton/Buffalo/Toronto in a 3-way deal. Prospects going to the Oilers, Franson (also a healthy scratch tonight apparently) to Toronto and Schultz to the Sabres.

I dont buy it. The Oilers aren't looking for more prospects, they need blue line help in the bigs today.
    schultz is done in edmonton. trading him for prospects would allow them to gain extra cap space to help trade for a current Dman.

franson would automatically get top 4 ice time in toronto, and we could trick another team into trading for him when his stats get inflated.

i dont see why buffalo would want schultz over franson though. sure the upside is there but unless they want to shed the extra year of franson i can't see why they'd make that swap.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think theres much doubt that Schultz's days are numbered in Edmonton. It's just a matter of what they can get for him. I think they'd rather package him with one of their forwards for an upgrade on the backend.

Dobber Sports Pro

Schultz is worth next to nothing to most GM's.
    He's terrible, he' overpaid, and hes a pending FA. Getting anything for him at all would be great. Whether its prospects or a 5th round pick, there's absolutely 0 chance he's an Oiler next year so take anything you can get.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Schultz is worth next to nothing to most GM's.
    He's terrible, he' overpaid, and hes a pending FA. Getting anything for him at all would be great. Whether its prospects or a 5th round pick, there's absolutely 0 chance he's an Oiler next year so take anything you can get.
    I guess it comes down to your definition of "worth". I dont know if I'd say he's worth next to nothing because I do believe there are GMs calling on him but I do agree that his value is pretty low. The fact his contract expires will probably interest GMs more than if he was signed for a longer term.

I do agree that he has played like crap this year. His defense is so below par it's not even funny but the offensive upside is what is luring GMs to call on him.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    that would be a terrible line defensively. that being said i'm still a supporter of schultz and think a fresh start could do him some good...but i'm not sure Toronto is a place that would help. Vancouver/Detroit seem like better fits...or even Anaheim lol
    agreed. I wasn't necessarily suggesting that they play together...though my post made it sound that way. I was just mentioning that the two would be reunited (as in be on the same team together again).

I don't actually think Schultz has any value to any team, but there are some on twitter, etc. reporting that maybe if Gardiner and Schultz were on the same team, they can bring the best out of each other. I mean, for Schultz, maybe practicing and hanging out with his old buddy is enough of a change to get his career turned around.

Optimistic thinking, I know. I personally don't buy it, but that is one of the theories out there right now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Superstar

Gotta love the show that Eberle and McDavid put on last night. Eberle is quickly going from headed out of town to (almost) untouchable.

As far as Schultz goes I think it's clear his days with the Oilers are numbered. Given what he'd be owed in arbitration I don't see the Oilers even making him a qualifying offer, and I don't see them offering him a multi-year deal either. I see him getting moved at the deadline either as a throw-in with Purcell or for a pick-3rd round tops.

If he goes somewhere and commits to really improving his defensive game he could have a bit of a revival (think Dubnyk but on a smaller scale) but the coach and team have no trust in him at this point IMO.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR