Page 180 of 370 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 190 230 280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 5549

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Well in less than a week Oilers talk is who should be traded to 'Hey, were 3 points out of a playoff spot!'

Went to the game Sunday against Sabres. By mid game when Eichel hit the ice the crowd would chant:

CONNORS BETTER!
    CONNORS BETTER!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Well in less than a week Oilers talk is who should be traded to 'Hey, were 3 points out of a playoff spot!'

Went to the game Sunday against Sabres. By mid game when Eichel hit the ice the crowd would chant:

CONNORS BETTER!
    CONNORS BETTER!
    Ha, couldn't hear the chant on TV but a buddy relayed it to me, that's a good one by Oiler fans.

3 game win streak, awesome. Nice to be somewhat relevant again even if it is in the worst division (by far) in the NHL. If we can somehow stay 2-3 points out until McDavid gets back we may have a shot at playing meaningful hockey in February and March. Hopefully Anders the Giant can keep playing real solid in net like he has the last few games.

I still don't see a playoff spot because:

1. Looking at the Central standings it's clear the Pacific is only going to get 3 playoff teams.
    2. I don't see how the Oilers end up ahead of any of the California teams.
    3. I don't want to count the Canucks out of a playoff spot.

Anyways, time to enjoy the ride, I'm going to the game on Wednesday and am excited about that for the first time in awhile!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Ha, couldn't hear the chant on TV but a buddy relayed it to me, that's a good one by Oiler fans.

3 game win streak, awesome. Nice to be somewhat relevant again even if it is in the worst division (by far) in the NHL. If we can somehow stay 2-3 points out until McDavid gets back we may have a shot at playing meaningful hockey in February and March. Hopefully Anders the Giant can keep playing real solid in net like he has the last few games.

I still don't see a playoff spot because:

1. Looking at the Central standings it's clear the Pacific is only going to get 3 playoff teams.
    2. I don't see how the Oilers end up ahead of any of the California teams.
    3. I don't want to count the Canucks out of a playoff spot.

Anyways, time to enjoy the ride, I'm going to the game on Wednesday and am excited about that for the first time in awhile!
    You don't have to count the Canucks out but I will.

Ever since Miller crashed back to his usual levels the Canucks have been sunk. I'd rather bet on the Coyotes finding a playoff spot than the Canucks.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

I don't care all that much if we make the playoffs this year. Don't get me wrong in that I would love it if we did, but I would have considered that a major overachievement, even before McDavid was injured. I just want the team to be respectable and not finish among the bottom five teams in the NHL again.

I've been impressed all year with the way the team has played. They played like shit against Toronto and Carolina recently, but for the most part they have been competitive almost every game. It certainly is nice to see their hard work producing some positive results in the Win column lately.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I don't care all that much if we make the playoffs this year. Don't get me wrong in that I would love it if we did, but I would have considered that a major overachievement, even before McDavid was injured. I just want the team to be respectable and not finish among the bottom five teams in the NHL again.

I've been impressed all year with the way the team has played. They played like shit against Toronto and Carolina recently, but for the most part they have been competitive almost every game. It certainly is nice to see their hard work producing some positive results in the Win column lately.
    Couldn't agree with this more!!!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

It certainly is nice to see their hard work producing some positive results in the Win column lately.
    Couldn't agree more with SeaDawg about wanting the team to not finish in the bottom five this year - baby steps. A nice OT win for the Oilers tonight! Looks like Eberle is getting into the groove. Draisaitl to Hall for the GWG. Nice to see the coach put the young guy out there in OT. Now, about that D...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Couldn't agree more with SeaDawg about wanting the team to not finish in the bottom five this year - baby steps. A nice OT win for the Oilers tonight! Looks like Eberle is getting into the groove. Draisaitl to Hall for the GWG. Nice to see the coach put the young guy out there in OT. Now, about that D...
    here's the solution:

The #Oilers have recalled Nikita Nikitin from the @Condors. The d-man has nine points in 14 games this season.
    Wait, what? Send Fayne down to recall Nikitin?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey, sometimes a stint in the minors can get a players confidence back, or piss him off enough so that they bring their play up to show the team he's still a useful player.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nurse can hold his own, this guy is what the oilers have needed for a while. A tough D man who can play big minutes and is young enough to grow with the team and its young guns.

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Anyone know when McJesus will be back?? I can't wait to see him live in Winnipeg this season!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Both he and Yakupov returned to practice today. From what I've read, McDavid is not wearing a non-contact jersey. Sounds promising.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/925327

Happy New Year, Edmonton Oilers fans.

Connor McDavid took a big step in his recovery from surgery to repair a fractured clavicle, returning to practice with the team for the first time Friday.

McDavid has missed 26 games since crashing awkwardly into the boards against the Philadelphia Flyers on Nov. 3. There is still no timetable for his return.

The 18-year-old phenom recorded five goals and seven assists in 13 games before going down with the injury.

The Oilers have gone 10-13-3 in his absence.

Nail Yakupov, who's missed 17 games with an ankle sprain, skated with the team Friday as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Both he and Yakupov returned to practice today. From what I've read, McDavid is not wearing a non-contact jersey. Sounds promising.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/925327
    This team needs these guys back forsure.. T.Hall can only do sooooooo much..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm watching a very entertaining and physical Edmonton/Florida game right now! Edmonton spotted Florida to a 2-0 lead and it was 2-1 after the first period, but man, what a second period - Shots 14-2 for Edmonton and the physical play was ramped up. The third is shaping up to be just as physical as the Oilers press for the equalizer. Now this is type of hockey that I like to watch.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm watching a very entertaining and physical Edmonton/Florida game right now! Edmonton spotted Florida to a 2-0 lead and it was 2-1 after the first period, but man, what a second period - Shots 14-2 for Edmonton and the physical play was ramped up. The third is shaping up to be just as physical as the Oilers press for the equalizer. Now this is type of hockey that I like to watch.
    Really? As a fantasy owner I'm shitting my pants. The start of that period felt like guys weren't even trying to play hockey anymore. I was praying to the hockey gods that Barkov and Hall keep their heads up

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Really? As a fantasy owner I'm shitting my pants. The start of that period felt like guys weren't even trying to play hockey anymore. I was praying to the hockey gods that Barkov and Hall keep their heads up
    LOL, that was some old time hockey!! Keep your heads up boys! Hall is more likely to hurt himself by falling down and crashing into the boards.

I did hear that Hendricks might get a call from the NHL on this one.