Page 178 of 370 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 188 228 278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    2 pts tonight book it. All because I traded him is why he is doing so good lol
    So you traded both him and McDavid? Wow.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    no no. I just traded Bennett and Draisaitl.

I havent found a buyer for McDavid yet. Most likely wont either

Dobber Sports Grand Master

2 pts tonight book it. All because I traded him is why he is doing so good lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    no no. I just traded Bennett and Draisaitl.

I havent found a buyer for McDavid yet. Most likely wont either
    Edmonton doesn't play tonight.......

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Edmonton doesn't play tonight.......
    Then next game. 2 pts. The McDavid injury is really effecting me

Dobber Sports Deity

Eberle back tonight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdmontonJ...4264943616?p=v

McLellan confirms Eberle will play and leaning toward starting Nilsson v PIT. Miller will centre 4th line, Lander on LW, Pakarinen RW.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/EdmontonO...0477008897?p=v

"If I can contribute & keep them going, that's my goal." @ebs_14, will return tomorrow & play with Hall & Draisaitl amp.twimg.com/v/369b0dbe-9ed…
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Sounds like forward lines are:

Hall- Draisaitl- Eberle
    Pouliot-RNH- Yakupov
    Hendricks- Letestu- Purcell
    Lander-Miller-Pakarinen

I like what McLellan did here, he's showing he trusts RNH a lot defensively and has balanced his strength between his top-2 lines. having Draisaitl take over McDavid's spot between Pouliot and Yakupov would have been throwing him to the wolves defensively.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I like what McLellan did here, he's showing he trusts RNH a lot defensively and has balanced his strength between his top-2 lines. having Draisaitl take over McDavid's spot between Pouliot and Yakupov would have been throwing him to the wolves defensively.

As a Draisaitl owner, I like what McLellan did here, too. But Draisaitl is going to have to show what he's got as a C probably sooner than they would have liked.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Stupid Oilers keep coming back and scoring on my fantasy goalie tonight, Crawford! I hate it when my real team messes with my fantasy team!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

They are battling, even against some tough competition. On paper they don't appear to have improved, but when you watch the games there are all kinds of reasons to be optimistic. Last night they held the defending Stanley Cup Champions and the team with the second most shots on goal to only three shots in the first period, while throwing a crap load of shots on Crawford. Unfortunately they fell behind 2-0, yet managed to come back and bring the game to overtime.

At some point all we are going to care about are wins, but considering the way this team has played in the past, I like what I am seeing this year. They are battling hard and holding their own against some tough teams. Yakupov, for example, had a great play on the back check last night. Nurse is the real deal. Fayne, Sekera, Reinhart, and Klefbom have all been decent. Draisaitl is insanely good.

All in all, not too bad. If they keep playing this way, the wins will eventually follow.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    They are battling, even against some tough competition. On paper they don't appear to have improved, but when you watch the games there are all kinds of reasons to be optimistic. Last night they held the defending Stanley Cup Champions and the team with the second most shots on goal to only three shots in the first period, while throwing a crap load of shots on Crawford. Unfortunately they fell behind 2-0, yet managed to come back and bring the game to overtime.

At some point all we are going to care about are wins, but considering the way this team has played in the past, I like what I am seeing this year. They are battling hard and holding their own against some tough teams. Yakupov, for example, had a great play on the back check last night. Nurse is the real deal. Fayne, Sekera, Reinhart, and Klefbom have all been decent. Draisaitl is insanely good.

All in all, not too bad. If they keep playing this way, the wins will eventually follow.
    Great post SeaDawg! I agree. They played hard, never gave up and there are lots of reason to be happy. Draisaitl has been unreal for sure. We're on the right track. Just challenge for a playoff spot and I'll be happy. Don't be in the discussion for another lottery pick.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Great post SeaDawg! I agree. They played hard, never gave up and there are lots of reason to be happy. Draisaitl has been unreal for sure. We're on the right track. Just challenge for a playoff spot and I'll be happy. Don't be in the discussion for another lottery pick.
    I don't know, Edmonton would be unbeatable if they got Matthews

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I don't know, Edmonton would be unbeatable if they got Matthews
    It is more about personal pride. Not to mention that many people went bat shit crazy after Edmonton won the lottery to get McDavid. I don't even want to know what people will do if they win the Matthews lottery also.

Honestly, I think the team will be fine with or without Matthews so there isn't a need to have him. I'd rather the team be respectable now, finish as close to .500 as possible this year, and challenge for a playoff spot next year when we have McDavid for a full season.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Watching the Leafs/Oilers game last night was simply painful for the majority of it.

The Oilers scrambled and couldn't get out of their own end most of the night.

Three minutes to go, down 2-0, the Oilers get a PP and who do they send out?? RNH, Mark Letestu, Benoit Pouliot and Laurie Korpikoski and they are out there for 1:45 of PP time. No wonder they get shutout. Geez!!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

How's Eberle doing? Is he still struggling as the numbers suggest or are there some positive signs?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    How's Eberle doing? Is he still struggling as the numbers suggest or are there some positive signs?
    Like most of the Oilers forwards last night, he didn't stand out and only had the odd glimmer of hope. Pretty much invisible most of the night.