Page 174 of 370 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 184 224 274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Have fun, Lawman. Don't forget to buy a 50/50 ticket. Last year's winning 50/50 went unclaimed, so they are rolling it into tonight's 50/50. Apparently it starts at 49 thousand dollars tonight!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/09/2...050-hits-50000

Rylant
    50/50 got up to over $150k, I did not win

Game was pretty entertaining for pre-season, obviously the fans have some serious buzz over McDavid.

First time seeing him in person and he sure seems to be everything the scouts have said. Also, I was impressed with his defensive game, usually that's where young star forwards struggle, he was above average I thought.
    Finally, was interesting to see Draisaitl was the guy who got bumped up to the top line late, the fact that he scored in the 3rd will certainly help his cause. I hear he was skating with McDavid and Hall at practice today. Excited for the season!

Final note: Metal detectors at all the entrances to Rexall Place now (I know it's an NHL initative) the lines were loooooooooooong, took us 20 minutes to get through the door and were there 30 minutes before puck drop. The side of Rexall with the Gretzky statue seemed to be slightly shorter lines as more people park at expo or take the train. Having to wait in those lines when it's -20 out is not going to be fun.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    50/50 got up to over $150k, I did not win

Game was pretty entertaining for pre-season, obviously the fans have some serious buzz over McDavid.

First time seeing him in person and he sure seems to be everything the scouts have said. Also, I was impressed with his defensive game, usually that's where young star forwards struggle, he was above average I thought.
    Finally, was interesting to see Draisaitl was the guy who got bumped up to the top line late, the fact that he scored in the 3rd will certainly help his cause. I hear he was skating with McDavid and Hall at practice today. Excited for the season!

Final note: Metal detectors at all the entrances to Rexall Place now (I know it's an NHL initative) the lines were loooooooooooong, took us 20 minutes to get through the door and were there 30 minutes before puck drop. The side of Rexall with the Gretzky statue seemed to be slightly shorter lines as more people park at expo or take the train. Having to wait in those lines when it's -20 out is not going to be fun.
    I don't understand how this is an issue/new thing for fans, or how it takes so long. Calgary has had them for like 3 or 4 years and it adds barely any time to the process.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't understand how this is an issue/new thing for fans, or how it takes so long. Calgary has had them for like 3 or 4 years and it adds barely any time to the process.
    Yeah, but they haven't plugged them in yet...that may explain why it barely adds any time to the process...you're welcome!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, but they haven't plugged them in yet...that may explain why it barely adds any time to the process...you're welcome!
    They have most certainly been on and working all this time.

Dobber Sports Stud

Does anyone have any insight on Justin Schultz? 4th year. Improved EDM team. Big things this year w/ 40-45 points? PP1? Maybe even a + rating w/ Talbot in goal?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Does anyone have any insight on Justin Schultz? 4th year. Improved EDM team. Big things this year w/ 40-45 points? PP1? Maybe even a + rating w/ Talbot in goal?
    Schultz will get a fresh slate with a new coach in town which is good for him, this year could be his last shot to prove he can be even a portion of the free agent that signed to a ton of hype.
    I see 30-35 points, asking for 40-45 is a lot. The PP will be good but the Oilers are going to use 4F-1D setup and their will be competition for the D-spot on PP#1.

I see an improvement in his +/- but don't see him being a +, -5 to 0 I'd say.
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Offense is normally not the issue with Schultz, it's his questionable decisions playing in the defensive zone. He's simply not that great of a "defenseman".

40 points is not out of the question for him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Offense is normally not the issue with Schultz, it's his questionable decisions playing in the defensive zone. He's simply not that great of a "defenseman".

Lots of offense and bad mistakes leading to PIMs = great for fantasy owners. As long as Talbot can make some saves this year lol.

Will Schultz be paired with Sekera? What is Sekera's role in all of this, and was he acquired to take on a more defensive load??

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Agreed. However, I'd also place that as his 3 year ceiling. Maybe he reaches for 44/45, but I given the way the blue line is shaping up, I think Schultzy IS a 35-40 point defender with the potential of 45 if he develops the same way I see the forwards developing.

I'm tempering expectations.

Dobber Sports Stud

"Biggest year of this career"

Gawd this article makes me wants to keep him and not let him go.................

I can't decide who to keep, Leddy or Schultz...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/09/2...r-of-my-career

Dobber Sports Expert

Who won the bkup job to Talbot?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Decided yet? Seems it's still a dead heat between Skrivy and Nilsson. What did I miss?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Nikitin placed on waivers...hallelujah!
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Scrivens wa placed on waivers today so Nillson will get first Crack at backing up Talbot.
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

I think that was a mistake by the Oilers. Scrivens is a proven back up goalie at the NHL level. His career numbers are better than Nilsson across the board. Nilsson has had a save percentage above .901 only three times in his 6 year professional career. 10/11 in the SEL, 11/12 when he played 1669 minutes in the AHL and the NHL combined and 2014/15 in the KHL. In the KHL last year, his back up, Emil Garipov, had pretty much identical numbers to Nilsson. Nilsson was 1.71 GAA and .936 SV% with a 20-9-8 record while Garipov was 1.78, .933 and 16-5-2. This tells me that the Kazan AK-Bars was the best defensive team in the KHL and not that Nilsson has found his game.