Page 145 of 370 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I don't know if anyone has covered this, but what is the deal with Perron, is he a dropsy or should I hold on to him a while longer, where do we think he will end up?
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    I don't know if anyone has covered this, but what is the deal with Perron, is he a dropsy or should I hold on to him a while longer, where do we think he will end up?
    I try to avoid owning any Edmonton players on my fantasy team for this reason - it's really hard to predict how any specific player is going to do because they are so inconsistent. Hall would be the only one that interests me.

Perron hasn't looked bad per se, but he hasn't looked good either. For me he's been fairly unnoticeable in most games this year. I think he can play better, but not sure when we'll see things start to turn around for him.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, the Oilers win streak is over. Can we go back to the "Fire Eakins" talk again!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well, the Oilers win streak is over. Can we go back to the "Fire Eakins" talk again!
    Hey, it only took him until after the dreadful first period to try and get Hall/Nuge/Eberle away from Josi/Weber.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Tomorrow night is a key game for me to determine if Edmonton has actually turned things around a bit. The 4-game wins streak was nice, and a victory against Nashville would have made me a bit of a believer, but realistically I knew the winning streak would have to end eventually, and Nashville has been playing incredibly well so far this season.

That said, I want to see Edmonton bounce-back from the loss with a solid victory against Vancouver. Vancouver is no where near a powerhouse team, but Edmonton often struggles against them. A win against Vancouver and then I'm hoping for 2 more wins on the road the week after (Philly and Buffalo). If they can pull that off, their record would be just above .500, which given the horrible start to the season would be incredible and allow me to openly express my pride in the team without feeling embarrassed.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Got delayed on a flight and had to spend the night in Vancouver last night (at least Air Canada paid for it!) Also was forced to watch the Oiler game at the hotel pub. Painful experience, no matter what the outcome of the game was going to be. I really wonder if most Vancouver residents have any clue that there is a world that exists outside of Vancouver. I doubt it.

As for the game, the Oilers played fine, but at this point results are all that matter and they keep losing. What's new. Scrivens can play so well at times, but he's probably caused 5-6 goals due to his atrocious puckhandling. Oilers have the potential for 2 more wins this year if he wasn't such a bone head.

Hall injured - what's new. Guy is amazing but this will probably happen every season to some degree, given the way he plays.

I give up on Yakupov. Maybe he'll figure it out at some point, but he's been jerked around by the team and clearly has no clue what's expected of him any more. Combine that with the fact that he is a spastic hockey player that other linemates can't seem to figure out either, and I have no idea what his future holds. So much talent, but it's looking more and more like he going to be listed as one of those rare first overall picks that don't pan out. What a disaster for the Oilers.

The Oilers as a team have taken some steps this year, but who cares about steps. They can't win a single game against the West. Shameful.

Brad Hunt is a garbage defenseman, and Klefbom is doing REALLY well in the AHL this season. But let's stick Hunt and Schultz together and run em out there for 20 minutes - that's going to work great!! Idiotic coaching. Idiotic management.

Rant over.

I'm still watching the games because I can't help myself.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 1m1 minute ago
    #Oilers have recalled Oscar Klefbom from @OKCBarons, placed Brad Hunt on waivers for purpose of assignment and placed Nikita Nikitin on IR.

Hahaha, I can't believe that just happened. Thankfully they got it right with Brad Hunt - too bad it took WAY too long.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 1m1 minute ago
    #Oilers have recalled Oscar Klefbom from @OKCBarons, placed Brad Hunt on waivers for purpose of assignment and placed Nikita Nikitin on IR.

Hahaha, I can't believe that just happened. Thankfully they got it right with Brad Hunt - too bad it took WAY too long.
    Yeah, I have no idea what they were doing with that one. Clearly an AHL defenseman at best right now.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You should write heartfelt rants more often, doulos
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    You should write heartfelt rants more often, doulos
    It generally comes out as incoherent mumblings and things that don't make much sense, so basically not much different than normal I suppose.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sums up my thoughts more or less. Can't say that I "give up on Yakupov", but I'd agree that he doesn't seem to have any idea as to what the hell he's supposed to do out there. Only constant in his game seems to be setting up for his one-timer on the right side during a PP and on which every occasion, he either whiffs on it, or breaks his stick.

Think I heard on SNET that the Oilers wanted a big shot on the blue line, which was why Hunt remained up with the team for so long. He clearly doesn't have NHL size and didn't seem to play especially well defensively. For me, the focus should be on playing effectively in your own zone. Hunt and Schultz can move the puck well, but the Oilers aren't ever going to possess the puck in their end unless they learn how to defend at some point. As poorly as Fasth performed last night, the Oilers' defensive play overall is still absolutely awful. Glad to hear that Klefbom was brought up, though.

The Great One

What a season so far...4 loses in a row, 4 wins in a row, 4 loses in a row.

I suspect they will win tonight, but even so, I think we are finally at a tipping point. The four game winning streak offered hope, but I think major changes are forthcoming now. I imagine Eakins will be fired and at least one trade will happen shortly.

I think Colorado makes a great trade partner. That is another team frustrated with their play right now. My guess involves O'Reilly coming our way for a package that includes Perron and Petry.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Bob MacKenzie was on TSN Radio this morning and had this to say:

“Yeah, I think if they continue to lose here, Craig MacTavish has got to take stock of what’s there and maybe he’s got to pull the trigger on a move. I don’t think – because of the negative momentum of the last eight-plus years, and we’ve talked about this seven ways to Sunday - it’s not all Craig MacTavish’s fault. It’s not all Dallas Eakins’ fault. But guess what? They get to live with that legacy right now and so you can’t just lose seven or eight or nine in a row and say, ‘Well, yeah, but it’s all part of the plan. We’ll be fine.’ Because people aren’t going to tolerate the plan anymore. It maybe forces you into making a move you wouldn’t otherwise make in Year Two or Three of your plan.

“And I know obviously the coach comes under the gun in situations like that, especially if you continue to lose, but I’ve got to believe – and I could be wrong on this – but I’ve got to believe that there’ll be a significant trade for the Oilers before there would be a coaching change.”
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Jordan Eberle has looked downright awful. He is absolutely invisible most nights. Yak might not have as many points but at least I notice him on a nightly basis. I noticed this with Eberle last season too. Takes way too many nights off and is one of the worst back checkers I have ever seen. If the Oilers do ship some talent out, I hope he goes while his value is still relatively high.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like how this thread has essentially gone dead. You guys are probably like me - can't even stomach talking about the Oilers right now. What a mess this organization is. Even worse is that there is no end in sight to the misery. What did die-hard Oilers fans do to deserve watching a garbage team year after year after year? It's just sad.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.