Page 133 of 370 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I always stated that Fasth is the better goalie but can't stay healthy long enough to show it.

Scrivens scrambles too much for my liking. Fasth is just a quiet goalie who seems to stay calm in the net. I just like his presence more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I always stated that Fasth is the better goalie but can't stay healthy long enough to show it.

Scrivens scrambles too much for my liking. Fasth is just a quiet goalie who seems to stay calm in the net. I just like his presence more.
    I don't disagree. One thing I have admired Scrivens for in Toronto (Leafs/Marlies) is that he is a very sound Goalie when playing the puck outside of his crease. 3 years ago while facing forward, I saw him with 1 hand poke check an attacker behind his net. It was a rediculous play (as far as poke checks go). But he's far to inconsistent facing shots for my liking. I don't see him ammount to anything more than a very good back up goaltender. So look to Fasth to try and take control of this team... a late bloomer, not unlike a Craig Anderson? But failing that, I fear Edmonton's goalie search is still not over.

Dobber Sports Deity

So did anyone else see the story about the putz throwing his sweater/hoodie/jersey on the ice last night after the loss and somehow his cell phone landed on the ice with it? LOL!

Geez people, it's one game!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Back to back is pretty meaningless in my books. Particularly when it's this early on in the season.
    and the majority of the times, I find, a team wins 1 and loses 1 on a B2B.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    and the majority of the times, I find, a team wins 1 and loses 1 on a B2B.
    Even at the start of the season? Which teams? How often do they win 1 and lose 1 compared to normal? Do they win the first one and lose the second one usually (which is exactly the opposite of the what the Flames did)

EDIT: I just went digging for some info on back to back games in the NHL and I was surprised that I couldn't find a heck of a lot aside from one Hockey News article that wasn't that well done (http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ack-games.html).

Banned

Even at the start of the season? Which teams? How often do they win 1 and lose 1 compared to normal? Do they win the first one and lose the second one usually (which is exactly the opposite of the what the Flames did)

EDIT: I just went digging for some info on back to back games in the NHL and I was surprised that I couldn't find a heck of a lot aside from one Hockey News article that wasn't that well done (http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ack-games.html).
    I don't have anything to back it up. That's just what I've seen/remember and I have been pretty successful betting the second game of a team's b2b.

However I find it happens more when it's the same two teams playing eachother. Usually it's always a split.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not too interested in personal opinions that are based on guesses, sorry Big_Ev. Maybe you're right. Maybe back to back games have some sort of significant effect. Or maybe not. I'm going to keep looking to see what I can find, but the one source I found was pretty light on details and didn't show too strong of an effect (but did show a slight one), however it only covered one season and didn't account for a lot of other factors.

Banned

well as I said it's not just guesses, it's my experience and actually betting on these things. But like I said as well I don't have the numbers so your comments are fair.

So far it is 50/50 as the Flames and Bruins have split B2Bs and the Caps and Flyers have gone 2-0 and 0-2 respectively.

I think a lot of it depends on the goalie. It's dumb to start the same goalie B2B, in my opinion. If the Flyers didn't start Mason I bet they win that game. Same thing happened to the Bruins. Whereas the Flames and Habs used different goalies.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, except the Flames actually won the second game, which is the exact opposite of what you would expect in this situation.

So at this point only 1 of the four back to backs has gone as expected.

Banned

Yeah, except the Flames actually won the second game, which is the exact opposite of what you would expect in this situation.

So at this point only 1 of the four back to backs has gone as expected.
    No, they lost the first game with Hiller, won the second with Ramo.

So, 2 out of the 4 have been correct as far as this theory goes.

I will track the stats for the whole year and see what happens. What I am expecting is more splits than not. We will see how significant it is if true.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No, they lost the first game with Hiller, won the second with Ramo.

So, 2 out of the 4 have been correct as far as this theory goes.

I will track the stats for the whole year and see what happens. What I am expecting is more splits than not. We will see how significant it is if true.
    Oh sorry I thought the thing being suggested was that teams play worse (and thus lose) their second game on a back to back. I see that you're suggesting merely that they split games, regardless of how they play, and regardless of what order they win or lose those games.

I guess you could track that, though that wasn't really what I was personally concerned with.

People were suggesting that the Oilers should have beat the Flames because 'It was the second game for them on a back to back series'. I put forward that at Game 2 of the Regular Season that it probably doesn't matter so much. I should get Tyler Dellow on the deal!

Banned

Oh sorry I thought the thing being suggested was that teams play worse (and thus lose) their second game on a back to back. I see that you're suggesting merely that they split games, regardless of how they play, and regardless of what order they win or lose those games.

I guess you could track that, though that wasn't really what I was personally concerned with.

People were suggesting that the Oilers should have beat the Flames because 'It was the second game for them on a back to back series'. I put forward that at Game 2 of the Regular Season that it probably doesn't matter so much. I should get Tyler Dellow on the deal!

Exactly, I don't think it matters at all at any time of the year. I think if you win the first game, you won't put as much effort into the next game since it is the very next night and you figure going 1-1 isn't too bad. However, I think if you lose the first game, you easily forget that loss and you're putting much more effort into the next game trying not to lose on two straight nights. Just my take.

Dobber Sports Star

Burrows hand passes the puck to Bonino who puts the puck on net. They score. How the refs missed the hand pass is beyond me. The real kicker? Burrows gets an assist for the hand pass. Brutal...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Total crap. Oh well. Oilers are playing well and need to stick to the gameplan and keep playing as a team. I'd really like Cooke to go remove Burrows from the NHL though if at all possible.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Very poor coaching decisions tonight for the second straight game.

Eberle is garbage.

The top line generates great possession time but has struggled to really create actual chances, and has been very weak defensively. The team needs them to be the top line or they will go nowhere. However, Eakins rolls them out over and over while the 2/3 line sit. really, really poor decisions

7 straight Canucks powerplay with the Sedins playing unreal hockey (seriously, them and Vrbata look incredible together) will beat almost any team. The fact that the Oilers got a point was a miracle. The thing is, while the Oilers penalties were justified, the refs missed utterly blatant calls multiple times, and also the hand pass that led directly to a goal. And the Oilers still almost won.

It's too bad they lost, but this was a very winnable game yet again. The real test will be the Kings - time to see how the Oilers stack up against a team that actually is good.

Hunt is really great on the PP, but slow as molasses and a 5v5 liability. Despite his goal I'd pull him out for one of the young guys - maybe Nurse. Ideally Nikitin would sit for a game as well, but good luck benching a veteran like that. I don't see it happening.