Page 127 of 370 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Nail Yakupov looks good. Has gained some muscle weight in the off season and looks happy. His English has also really improved. I would be surprised if he didn't have a bounce back season.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

I never really thought his size or speech had much to do with his off year last year. I thought it had more to do with Dallas Eakins, and unfortunately he's still there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nugent-Hopkins is up around 190+ now as well. The team is slowly getting bigger just as they age, which is a good thing I guess.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Was reminded today of how bad the Oilers start was last season. The only won 4 of their first 20 games. They were out of it by November. Sooooo bad. It just has to be better than that doesn't it?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Was reminded today of how bad the Oilers start was last season. The only won 4 of their first 20 games. They were out of it by November. Sooooo bad. It just has to be better than that doesn't it?
    I will take the "over" on 4 wins in their first 20 this year!

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I never really thought his size or speech had much to do with his off year last year. I thought it had more to do with Dallas Eakins, and unfortunately he's still there.
    No question, that was his biggest obstacle. My point was, that with him being much more comfortable with his English, he should have an easier time with the media. As well, we have seen in the past, that young Russians who are faced with difficulties, can have a tendency to withdraw and regress. In this case, if he took the time to hit the gym hard and work on his English, it means he is going in with a great attitude. His results last year could have had a negative effect on him, but it seems to have motivated him instead. This can be nothing but a good thing. As a matter of fact, I may see if he is a good "buy low" candidate in my league because of this.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maybe I'm just pumping myself up again like I do every year at this time, but I really can't see the Oilers not improving by a decent amount. I don't think it will translate into much movement in the standings, but I don't think they'll be a pushover like they were in many games last year. All the changes in players and staff should be towards the positive while their core group is another year older. I'm also taking the "over" on 4 wins in the first 20! Who knows, maybe their be playing some meaningful games in february this year.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Now's the time to go after Yakupov people, as I suspect his price is going to be much higher after this year. I picked him up in a trade two days ago.

Bo Horvat for Nail Yakupov.

I might be an Oiler homer, but something tells me that deal is going to look golden in the future.

Administrator

Now's the time to go after Yakupov people, as I suspect his price is going to be much higher after this year. I picked him up in a trade two days ago.

I might be an Oiler homer, but something tells me that deal is going to look golden in the future.
    Well that's kind of a no-brainer seeing as Horvat isn't exactly the bees knees.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Well that's kind of a no-brainer seeing as Horvat isn't exactly the bees knees.
    Yeah I thought it was an extremely odd move. But hey, who am I to judge.

I assume most people in this thread have been following Oiler training camp/preseason. Looking forward to the first few cuts so that this team can boil it down to the nitty gritty as soon as possible.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Points only league I have an offer on the table around my Vanek for Yakupov and a pick. Any thought?
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Deity

Oilers cuts today:

https://twitter.com/SUNdvandiest/sta...06042181287936

#Oilers trim roster, Bunz, Chase, Roy, Krushelnyski, Ludwig, Tuohimaa among those assigned. Down to 49 players in camp.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Cuts part 2:

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...04562905219072

#Oilers also assign Betker, Bouchard, Boland, Chase, Houck, Platzer and Roy to respective major junior clubs, plus Rowley to @GBHKY.

Dobber Sports Deity

Some interesting points of notice for the Oilers so far as well:

http://oilersnation.com/2014/9/23/ed...rth-of-players

Vladimir Tkachev survives the first wave of cuts. I had expected the Oilers to make a decision on signing him and send him back to junior with the rest of the youngsters, but he’s going to get a longer look in the preseason before they come to a conclusion. That’s positive in that he’s in the running for a contract, but negative in that the team may not have made its mind up yet. Wednesday’s exhibition match is probably the most important game of his career to-date.

The clearest winner today is probably Jordan Oesterle. He’s not getting lumped in with the depth AHL guys; he’s being treated like a real prospect. From what I saw in the rookie tournament and his exhibition play his survival is well-deserved.

Matt Ford gets lumped in with the guys who are going to be fighting just to stay outside the ECHL. It’s where he slotted in last season, too, but it isn’t an encouraging sign, particularly because another guy on an AHL deal (Jason Williams) lives to fight another day.

Marco Roy’s demotion here isn’t surprising, exactly, and there’s a decent case for it. He had a rough 2013-14 season, so getting him home early is probably a good thing. On the other hand, he has some draft pedigree and one would think the Oilers would like to take a longer look at him.

Greg Chase is in the same boat as Roy in some ways – he’s a prospect of note but he’s going back to junior so the team had to weight the value of giving him a longer look versus getting him set for a successful 2014-15 campaign.

I should also note: Ty Rimmer lives; Tyler Bunz and Frans Tuohimaa head off to the minors. Rimmer continues to be the king of training camp.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Points only league I have an offer on the table around my Vanek for Yakupov and a pick. Any thought?
    I don't see Yakupov hitting Vanek type numbers for a few seasons, so I probably wouldn't do that deal unless the pick was crazy good.