Page 124 of 370 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

To me, Gordon is not a 2nd line C but Arcobello may not be ready to be... Only problem I have with the lineup below is that Purcell is not in the top 6 and to me he should be.. but I don't think he should be playing C.. so He can't be in the top 6 if you want Yak there (and he should be). Other option is to take Perron out of the top 6 but I wouldn't do that. They really need a line 2 C. Draisatl can become that. So if it's him instead of Arcobello, that might work too. It could be ok if your C isn't that good at driving possession if at least one of your wingers are.

HALL - NUGENT-HOPKINS - EBERLE
    PERRON - ARCOBELLO - YAKUPOV
    POULIOT - GORDON - PURCELL
    GAZDIC HENDRICKS - JOENSUU

Perron and Purcell are both good possession drivers, no?

I dunno.. Yak really needs to take that next step and I will that will help solve the depth chart when he does.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Agentzero,

For better or for worse you should probably find a spot for Draisaitl in there somewhere. Really slim chance he doesn't play this season for the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Agentzero,

For better or for worse you should probably find a spot for Draisaitl in there somewhere. Really slim chance he doesn't play this season for the Oilers.
    Yeah it was gonna be Arcobello's to me. Draisatl, Yak and one of Purcell or Perron. I would prefer Purcell... but they'd be playing off wings...
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

I prefer to have Gordon with Hendricks.
    Let someone with a bit more offensive upside play in the "top 9" be it Draisaitl or a stop gap signing (Koivu?).
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    I prefer to have Gordon with Hendricks.
    I would tend to agree but it means one of them is out of position.. (not that it matters much with Hendricks...).. It will be growing pains but I guess they will go with Draisatl in that slot at C2, if not Arcobello...?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Interesting. Either way they sure are looking better this year than last.

Out of curiosity (as I would like to see what actual Oilers fans think, rather than all dobber members): What would you guys think Yak might put up this year? I am confident he is a player that will rebound, but it is a matter of this year or next. I guess it all depends if he slots in the 2RW or 3RW slot.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post

Out of curiosity (as I would like to see what actual Oilers fans think, rather than all dobber members): What would you guys think Yak might put up this year? I am confident he is a player that will rebound, but it is a matter of this year or next. I guess it all depends if he slots in the 2RW or 3RW slot.
    lol. Not an Oil fan but I couldn't resist putting my hat in with a request like that. You can't lock us out!! lol

Yakupov 29G 22A 51 pts. He starts to figure it out again this year.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    If this is true, thats great. I'm sure Yak kinda gets excluded from the Hall-RNH-Eberle group (not saying the dressing room is cliquey, I just think these 3 hang out outside the rink) and lots of the team is older. Like Seguin/Benn bonding, sometimes you just need a bud to chill with.
    I completely agree with this, especially the last part about needing a bud to chill with. When I played, it made all the difference in the world to feel like I belonged on the team. It affected my happiness (for lack of a better word) and to some extent my performance - if you are happier, it seems less like a job and you will go through a wall (or John Scott) for your buds/team mates.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    lol. Not an Oil fan but I couldn't resist putting my hat in with a request like that. You can't lock us out!! lol

That's strike 2. First you said you have grey hair, and now you're claiming to have a hat. What's next? You're actually Mats Sundin?...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    That's strike 2. First you said you have grey hair, and now you're claiming to have a hat. What's next? You're actually Mats Sundin?...
    LMAO.

Strike 3. Non Oil fan crashing Oil thread..

Ok I'm locked out. lol.

I still think Nail scores 29G..........
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yak's numbers look Quite similar to Ryan Johansen's for his first two years (actually significantly better). If Yak plays with Purcell, or gets moved to the RNH/Hall line, he should have a big year - otherwise I worry about him.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Yak's numbers look Quite similar to Ryan Johansen's for his first two years (actually significantly better). If Yak plays with Purcell, or gets moved to the RNH/Hall line, he should have a big year - otherwise I worry about him.
    Honestly, I would rather he play with Purcell at this point (and with Draisatl as C I guess?) if only bc I would want him to play more with veterans than youngsters. He will get going. Way too much talent there.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Honestly, I would rather he play with Purcell at this point (and with Draisatl as C I guess?) if only bc I would want him to play more with veterans than youngsters. He will get going. Way too much talent there.
    Agree with you there - every time I get down on him, I remember when he was going goal-for-goal with Ovi at the end of the lockout.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Draisatl vs Arcobello should be quite the battle at camp!

Dobber Sports Ace

Lets have a best guess at the top six for this season: pre and post all-star break
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15