Page 122 of 370 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I was just going through some ECHL alumni lists, looking for guys who became productive NHL forwards after working their way up from that league.

Parenteau, Burrows, Ryder, and Peverley are obviously all the bigger names there. I was trying to see what kind of chances Arcobello might have, and I'm certainly downgrading my opinion on him. He's been such a great player at every level, and even showed flashes at the NHL level, but his size is a huge concern now that I look at it again.

Parenteau 6' 190+ lbs
    Peverley 6' 190+ lbs
    Burrows 6'1, almost 190 lbs
    Ryder 6'1", 200 lbs

Arcobello 5'9 165 ..... ouch.

He's a smart player, who works hard, and even plays physical despite his size, but I can't help but feel he's such a long shot to make it at this point now, no matter how much I'd love to see it.
    That's way too small a sample to be definitive one way or another. David Desharnais is a midget who played in the ECHL and he's carved out a nice career. The issue with Arcobello is that right now they need to cushion Nuge too much, which leaves little room for another guy who can't face the really tough match ups. Maybe once the Nuge develops a little more or maybe if Draisaitl can step in kind of the way Couturier did for Philly then there's room for a guy like Arcobello. Otherwise, you're better off having him as organizational depth.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thank you! For some reason I had figured there was another non-St Louis player out there who had made his way up through the ECHL ranks as a small player, and Desharnais is it!! Not sure how I missed his name on the first run through of ECHL alumni.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thank you! For some reason I had figured there was another non-St Louis player out there who had made his way up through the ECHL ranks as a small player, and Desharnais is it!! Not sure how I missed his name on the first run through of ECHL alumni.
    After I saw your post yesterday I ran through the Alum list too cause I thought there must be other solid players but I missed Desharnais too

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    After I saw your post yesterday I ran through the Alum list too cause I thought there must be other solid players but I missed Desharnais too
    Not surprising. Dude has been overlooked every step of the way. One thing worth noting for this comparison is that Desharnais scored 106 points in 68 games in his lone ECHL season. Arcobello scored only 20 in 33 while playing at that level. So we may not be comparing apples to apples here... Actually, we might be, and Desharnais had a lot more apples.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Just came upon this while scrolling my twitter timeline and it remind me of the conversation we had here.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201.../nail-yakupov/

As we’ve pointed out repeatedly at this blog for a few years now, one problem is that Nugent-Hopkins likes to set up there as well, but having him in that position hasn’t work well since the first few months of his rookie season, as RNH lacks a killer shot. Again, as we’ve said repeatedly for ages, Yakupov or Taylor Hall need to be in that spot, and the Oilers need to make it a priority to figure out a way to get them open and constantly feed them.
    Any thoughts to this?
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pretty much what I already said lol. Oilers under/mis-utilize all of their skill players on the PP.

Dobber Sports Expert

I was also pointing out that Staples didn't seem to like RNH being slotted at the half-wall because he feels he's one trick pony there (doesn't feel RNH has a killer shot).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I was also pointing out that Staples didn't seem to like RNH being slotted at the half-wall because he feels he's one trick pony there (doesn't feel RNH has a killer shot).
    I think he has a good shot. The issue more is coming off surgery it took him time to get it back. I think RNH can be as effective somewhere else as on the half wall, and I think Yak/Hall would be better in that slot.

Dobber Sports Ninja

2 seasons ago the powerplay was stellar. What setup did they use then?

Dobber Sports Deity

2 seasons ago the powerplay was stellar. What setup did they use then?
    One ran by Ralph Krueger. Oh ya, we canned that guy for the saviour, Dallas Eakins. Meh.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    One ran by Ralph Krueger. Oh ya, we canned that guy for the saviour, Dallas Eakins. Meh.
    In the past, time to get over, blah blah blah.

God that was such a mistake haha. I'm totally with you Axe

Dobber Sports Ninja

Still curious what the setup was. Little busy at the moment or I'd look it up myself.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

LOL! I know, I know. I make it seem like that's the only mistake that the current Management group has made.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

I can't believe they had to fire him, they couldn't ask him to stay and go back to being the PP coach? frick.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Had a dream last night that I got to watch the Oilers/Flames home opener (which I am going to attend!) with Gretzky and Messier. Rather nice guys in my dreamworld, I must admit. Though they threw Al Hamilton under the bus by stating that the #3 is an unCanadian jersey number (I blame Grebeshkov). Man, whatever I ate before bed needs to happen again. Strange stuff.