Page 121 of 370 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 5548

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'd be all in on trading Eberle as well, but mainly because he would get a much better return than Yakupov. However, this year is so key in all of these young guys figuring things out.
    Wasn't that what last year was all about? Groundhog Day once again I see.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

So Tyler Dellow (mc79hockey.com) looks like he was hired by the Oilers today (or it became official today). He's a big analytics guy and has been extremely critical of the Oilers, so the fact that they would hire him is interesting. He's a pretty prickly personality, but the fact that he can piss a guy like Steve Simmons off so much is a plus in my book. Going to be interesting to see where this goes.
    Dredging this back up. Hasn't the front office already been taking an analytical bend on things under MacTavish? If so is this simply to add more volume to the numbers they can pump out or is this so they have someone who can provide a directive on things? I guess I'm wondering how much power he is going to have.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Dredging this back up. Hasn't the front office already been taking an analytical bend on things under MacTavish? If so is this simply to add more volume to the numbers they can pump out or is this so they have someone who can provide a directive on things? I guess I'm wondering how much power he is going to have.
    Yeah, this is more of the same. I found it more interesting because of how critical this guy has been of the Oilers in the past. Maybe this is a "cement shoes" position...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Greg Chase with 2 assists and sounds like he annoyed the crap out of the Czechs in the game. Really loving this guy. Could the Oilers finally have found a player with a late pick?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Interesting hire for sure if it happened.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yeah, this is more of the same. I found it more interesting because of how critical this guy has been of the Oilers in the past. Maybe this is a "cement shoes" position...
    I think he's just one more guy they can fire and blame when things don't turn around. He isn't one of the "old boys club" so he's an easy fire when the time comes. Then they can say to the fans "see, we are trying to turn this around and make things better".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think he's just one more guy they can fire and blame when things don't turn around. He isn't one of the "old boys club" so he's an easy fire when the time comes. Then they can say to the fans "see, we are trying to turn this around and make things better".
    It has certainly been the trend there that's for sure.. Scouting staff is okay there, development staff seems to be lacking, at the pro level.. I think it's an easy hire to have on staff if he is kept as a reference, like a stats encyclopedia.. The more control you give him in decisions, the easier it will be to can him if things go awry.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sounds like Eakins was pretty key in hiring him. Not what I would have expected!

Dobber Sports Pro

Sounds like Eakins was pretty key in hiring him. Not what I would have expected!

Why not? Eakins sounds pretty hands on. At least he is not resting on his laurels all summer:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/o...oach/?shawct=1

Administrator

Yeah, from everything I've heard Eakins is pretty progressive when it comes to fancy stats. Or are you thinking that bringing in a fancy stats guy means he'll have his toes stepped on?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wish I had time to watch these games, but instead I must content myself with reports from other people who did? Anyone get a chance to watch the Jrs game? Sounds like Nurse was alright, but showed some reasons why he should spend another year (at least) developing his game. Chase was a jackass as per usual (in the best way possible)

Dobber Sports Genius

Any news about Schultz contract talks? Bridge deal or not?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Ninja

There has been zero news on this situation lately. Very odd.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was just going through some ECHL alumni lists, looking for guys who became productive NHL forwards after working their way up from that league.

Parenteau, Burrows, Ryder, and Peverley are obviously all the bigger names there. I was trying to see what kind of chances Arcobello might have, and I'm certainly downgrading my opinion on him. He's been such a great player at every level, and even showed flashes at the NHL level, but his size is a huge concern now that I look at it again.

Parenteau 6' 190+ lbs
    Peverley 6' 190+ lbs
    Burrows 6'1, almost 190 lbs
    Ryder 6'1", 200 lbs

Arcobello 5'9 165 ..... ouch.

He's a smart player, who works hard, and even plays physical despite his size, but I can't help but feel he's such a long shot to make it at this point now, no matter how much I'd love to see it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

There has been zero news on this situation lately. Very odd.
    It is odd, sign please!