Page 106 of 370 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Any more rumblings on what they offered for #1?
    I really think they need to draft Draisaitl at 3 and wouldn't give up a ton to move up.
    I wonder if a Gagner, Yakupov, Klefbom package for Ekblad would intrigue either side?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont understand why people think the Oilers are offering Gagner and the #3 for the top pick. This only makes sense if they plan on drafting Sam Reinhart. They have no depth down the middle as it is, so to trade one of your few centers, along with a pick that will net them a very good young center to possibly draft a D does nothing to help them and the balance of their roster. Great, they have Ekblad, but they are now missing a top 6 (as scary as that is when you think of Gagner as a top 6 center) and I think its pretty obvious how hard it is to find those out there.

Stupid trade (again, assuming it is what its been rumored) for the Oilers unless the plan on drafting Reinhart. I see no reason to do it. If you are going to trade Gagner, you best have another quality center already in your back pocket to replace him. This trade doesn't do that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sounds like the Oilers are not going to trade the #3, so they will likely get one of the centermen.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Sounds like the Oilers are not going to trade the #3, so they will likely get one of the centermen.
    I hope so, but it also sounds like theres a good chance Florida trades that #1 too. If that does happen and the Oilers are staring down both Ekblad or Draisaitl at #3, thats going to be a tough one.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't see any likely scenarios where Ekblad is available to Edmonton at 3 no matter what, but I could be surprised.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't see any likely scenarios where Ekblad is available to Edmonton at 3 no matter what, but I could be surprised.
    I dont think Buffalo takes him if he falls to them. I just dont see it. He either goes 1st overall or is there for the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I thought that as well and then there was this:

"I believe that Ekblad is going to go one," Sabres general manager Tim Murray said. "Then we pick who we have left, the next guy on our list. If he doesn't go 1, I'd be surprised, I guess. And I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

Now I'm not so sure.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think Buffalo takes him if he falls to them. I just dont see it. He either goes 1st overall or is there for the Oilers.
    not sure why Buffalo wouldn't take Ekblad if he were available. Buffalo needs help at every position, like all the teams at the bottom of the standings do, so I don't see them picking a player based on the position he plays. They will take whomever they have ranked highest.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    not sure why Buffalo wouldn't take Ekblad if he were available. Buffalo needs help at every position, like all the teams at the bottom of the standings do, so I don't see them picking a player based on the position he plays. They will take whomever they have ranked highest.
    You could be right, but after taking Ristolainen and Zadorov last year in the first round, I would see them focusing on a scoring type of forward more then another D.

The Great One

ok, not much chat on here since the draft and the recent acquisition of Purcell. Thoughts? I like Purcell as a nice addition to the top 6. He has some size, even if he doesn't use it, but more importantly I think he is a pass-first type of winger that might play well with either Hall and/or Perron.

We still need a L2 center, even if Draisaitl makes the team. I don't think he will be ready for L2 duties.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like the deal, but realistically Purcell is a pretty lateral move. Maybe a touch more offense, but he's a pretty soft player, which the Oilers have in spades right now. I'm not unhappy about it though.

Have to figure another centerman is coming in. They can't stick the rookie into the 2C role and expect to have any success. Maybe he would work in 3C, easy zone start, soft as butter competition, type setup, alongside Yakupov. Not sure who they would stick on the other wing, unless they can sneak in a guy like Kulemin (though Pittsburgh seems to be pushing hard for him)

So what do they have now?

Hall - RNH - Eberle
    Perron - ?????? - Purcell
    ?????? - Arcobello/Draisaitl - Yakupov
    Hendricks - Gordon - Lander

?????? - Petry
    Nikitin - Schultz
    Marincin - Ference
    Klefbom

Tons of holes still in the roster. They need a top four blueliner still, but likely will end up with a bottom pairing guy and bump everyone up to play over their heads. That shouldn't end well, but not sure they have much of a choice.

At the 2C spot it would be fine if they could get a guy like Grabovski, but not sure how realistic that is. They absolutely need some sort of veteran player though, as sticking Arcobello or Draisaitl seems like a disaster.

Tons of work yet to do on this roster to even ice a team to start the year.

The Great One

I think you have the lines right, at least as they stand right now. The thing I like about the Purcell/Gagner move is that Purcell is a winger and it opens up the L2 center spot for another roster addition, which I am hoping they are able to fill via trade or free agency with a veteran. I don't love all of these players, but there seems to be plenty of veteran centers available right now: Spezza, Thornton, Stastny, Marleau, Lecavalier, Grabovski, Sharp, B. Richards, M. Richards, Ribeiro...I know some of those players are not likely to end up in Edmonton (and I certainly don't want a couple of the guys on that list), but with the market relatively flooded with available centers, maybe one will settle for Edmonton. I see one of those vets as a decent stop-gap until Draisaitl is ready.

If they had kept Gagner, he would either have to play out of position and certainly he wouldn't be part of the long-term solution with Draisaitl eventually getting the L2 spot.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

There are also a few L3 centers in free agency who could end up as the L2 center in Edmonton: Boyle, Bolland, Ott, Handzus, Goc...

As for dmen, I wouldn't mind taking a run at some of these vets to fill out the top 4: Ehrhoff (not likely), Robidas, Niskanen (not likely), Gleason, Quincey, Mitchell, Stralman...
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think you have the lines right, at least as they stand right now. The thing I like about the Purcell/Gagner move is that Purcell is a winger and it opens up the L2 center spot for another roster addition, which I am hoping they are able to fill via trade or free agency with a veteran. I don't love all of these players, but there seems to be plenty of veteran centers available right now: Spezza, Thornton, Stastny, Marleau, Lecavalier, Grabovski, Sharp, B. Richards, M. Richards, Ribeiro...I know some of those players are not likely to end up in Edmonton (and I certainly don't want a couple of the guys on that list), but with the market relatively flooded with available centers, maybe one will settle for Edmonton. I see one of those vets as a decent stop-gap until Draisaitl is ready.

If they had kept Gagner, he would either have to play out of position and certainly he wouldn't be part of the long-term solution with Draisaitl eventually getting the L2 spot.
    Don't think any of these centers would want to go to Edm unless overpayment. Don't think oilers want B Richards or Riberio.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Don't think any of these centers would want to go to Edm unless overpayment. Don't think oilers want B Richards or Riberio.
    I tend to agree with you...I definitely don't like Ribeiro or Richards (though I'd be ok with Richards on a short contract, if he was willing to take that).

What I'm "hoping" is that the market is flooded with centermen and that one of them will settle for the Oilers. Not likely, I know, but hoping. Heck, maybe another team will take a run at one of these guys and then trade one of their existing centers to Edmonton?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap