Page 206 of 370 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Maybe a change of scenery would be great for Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins.

It sure did some good for Hall and Schultz....

- - - Updated - - -

Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see them moving Nug any more. He can still be an effective 2C or 3C (thinking Kadri for the leafs). But Definitely can see Eberle being moved along at some point. He can't seem to click with anyone or hold down a spot in the line up as he continues to bounce around. Wouldn't mind seeing that actually.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Oilers are short on RW so unless they are getting another one back, I don't see them moving Eberle anytime soon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

That whole trio of Nuge/Eberle/Pouliot is really struggling this year but I agree that I don't see the getting moved. With Draisaitl working so well with McDavid it assures Nuge a spot on the team right now, and Eberle's value is crap. Pouliot will likely be exposed to LV, but I doubt he even gets picked up by them.

All that being said, winning is much better than losing, and the team has been doing a heck of a lot more of the former this season. Remove McDavid and Talbot and the team is likely close to lottery level again, but who cares. Talbot and McDavid ARE Oilers and the team is winning. Hooray!

Dobber Sports Initiate

So they waived the Monster today, awesome!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just wanted to stop by to say that I'm genuinely happy for all you Oiler fans who've stuck with them all these years. It was painful to watch for a long time (even for me) but now you've got a winning team and exciting times ahead.

Hopefully our Leafs will follow suit soon.

Dare I say... Leafs/Matthews vs Oilers/McDavid for the Cup in 3 years?

Dobber Sports Star

Does Matthew Benning have any relevance in a points only?

I'm in desperate need of a D and the wire is beyond barren. I haven't seen him much, but keep hearing good things.

Worth a grab over someone like Hjalmarrson (my other option)?

Thanks
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think Benning has much fantasy value in a points only format but to be honest, neither does Hjalmarsson.

If you are down to those types of choices, you might already be in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think Benning has much fantasy value in a points only format but to be honest, neither does Hjalmarsson.

If you are down to those types of choices, you might already be in trouble.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

thanks - I ended up grabbing Benning and hopefully he chips in a few points here and there until Markov and Streit return and I will toss him back on the pile.

I am sitting in first so just looking for anyone to pad the lead.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks - I ended up grabbing Benning and hopefully he chips in a few points here and there until Markov and Streit return and I will toss him back on the pile.

I am sitting in first so just looking for anyone to pad the lead.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Initiate

I love how Remenda talks about McDavid not shooting enough( Yes he is a pass first guy ) but c'mon bud, you compared him all night to Trochek saying Trochek shoots from everyhwere, doesnt think about it just shoots....well Remenda buddy 97 has 142 shots in 47 gp, Trochek has 130 in 47 gp. Also 97 has more shots than guys like Carter/Kessel/Perry who are shoot first type players. Remenda you are a donkey!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    I love how Remenda talks about McDavid not shooting enough( Yes he is a pass first guy ) but c'mon bud, you compared him all night to Trochek saying Trochek shoots from everyhwere, doesnt think about it just shoots....well Remenda buddy 97 has 142 shots in 47 gp, Trochek has 130 in 47 gp. Also 97 has more shots than guys like Carter/Kessel/Perry who are shoot first type players. Remenda you are a donkey!
    Remenda is very very bad at his job.

Another big win last night. That second line is starting to convert on their chances and that's a really good thing. Eberle's reaction when he finally scored was so good. This is it folks, we're watching the team finally take the next step.

Dobber Sports Pro

How has Draisaitl looked out there playing RW for McDavid? Curious to know whether he looks better as their 2nd line center or top 2 line RW, both ROS and long term.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    How has Draisaitl looked out there playing RW for McDavid? Curious to know whether he looks better as their 2nd line center or top 2 line RW, both ROS and long term.
    He's been phenomenal. He was also excellent when he wasn't playing with McDavid, but the two of them on the same line have created a fantastic combination.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Team is really starting to look good. If Caggulia can hold down the 3rd line C spot (he has so far but what about playoffs?) then I expect to see Draisaitl stay up on the top line.

Long-term I think something similar to Crosby-Malkin where they each play centre but also occasionally stack the top-line is possible.

As far as the OT GWG goes I can't believe we got the call. Yes the puck was clearly in the glove, and yes the glove was clearly behind the goal line, and yes common sense tells you that equals a goal. However, in the past the NHL has required a crystal clear view of the puck behind the line, it wasn't good enough to know it was in the glove, or under a pad, you had to see it. Anyways, solid game and great win at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Team is really starting to look good. If Caggulia can hold down the 3rd line C spot (he has so far but what about playoffs?) then I expect to see Draisaitl stay up on the top line.

Long-term I think something similar to Crosby-Malkin where they each play centre but also occasionally stack the top-line is possible.

As far as the OT GWG goes I can't believe we got the call. Yes the puck was clearly in the glove, and yes the glove was clearly behind the goal line, and yes common sense tells you that equals a goal. However, in the past the NHL has required a crystal clear view of the puck behind the line, it wasn't good enough to know it was in the glove, or under a pad, you had to see it. Anyways, solid game and great win at the end.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Pretty huge minute for Lucic. Crushing clean hit on Watson. Draws the penalty when Watson retaliates. And then scores the tying power play goal late in the game. Doesn't get much better than that.

Rylant

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty huge minute for Lucic. Crushing clean hit on Watson. Draws the penalty when Watson retaliates. And then scores the tying power play goal late in the game. Doesn't get much better than that.

Rylant